PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with the MEDIA today!!!!

Peppy690
01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Is there something someone knows, that I don't? Why is Ron Paul everywhere today? Anyone care to offer some opinions? Come on - msnbc, cnn, hannity, cspan, larry king, etc.!!!!!!!!

Myerz
01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
I have yet to see him anywhere...... Or I can't keep up?

drexhex
Maybe because we're winning?

atilla
Is there something someone knows, that I don't? Why is Ron Paul everywhere today? Anyone care to offer some opinions? Come on - msnbc, cnn, hannity, cspan, larry king, etc.!!!!!!!!

maybe the official campaign which everyone wants to knock, scheduled the appearances

pacelli
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Ron Paul will also be interviewed on the Alex Jones radio show tomorrow (1/3) sometime between 12p - 3p EST.

stefans
01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
I have yet to see him anywhere...... Or I can't keep up?

situation room, larry king, MSNBC and hannity so far.

jonahtrainer
01-02-2008, 04:37 PM

They want all the eyeballs that Faux decided to run off!

curtisag
01-02-2008, 04:38 PM
The media is finally figuring out there is real power behind our Revolution. We're not just a handful of internet geeks, we're real people who want change. Several prominent pundits have predicted Ron Paul will do well in Iowa, Zogby and Russert just to name a few. This causes the media to take notice. The media doesn't like to get caught off guard like this, so they're there's a preemptive media blitz in anticipation of his success in Iowa.

dblee
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
buahahaha Ron Paul is seriously EVERYWHERE today, I can hardly believe it after the blackout in the past few months.

justinc.1089
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
My guess is this is part of that rumor that went around before the 16th about a big secret plan. Remember a lot of people thought it was well planned media appearances and mass advertising?

gb13
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
maybe the official campaign which everyone wants to knock, scheduled the appearances

+1

unconsious767
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm very suspicious

HillbillyDan
01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
You are correct. The good Dr. Paul is making the rounds!:D

brumans
01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Perhaps its because the fundraisin quarter?

Eponym_mi
01-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Maybe all the phone calls, emails, and faxes about the forum exclusion are having an effect!

Just Come Home
01-02-2008, 04:42 PM
I think it's because they know that he's going to do well tomorrow, and they don't want to be seen as irrelevant. If Ron Paul were to place in third place and be able to claim he did it without the help of the media, and that it was strictly internet based, they would be sent reeling. They can keep him at arms length, but they can't completely ignore him without spiting themselves.

nullvalu
01-02-2008, 04:43 PM
It's crazy.. I've been a little out of the loop over the holidays.. i come back and the entire media is practically kissing RP's butt! LOL.. it's great..

I think it's because of all the money he's brought in, they know he & his supporters are serious as hell now.

unconsious767
01-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeh sort of like a faucet has been opened fullforce, eh? Weird

EotS
01-02-2008, 04:46 PM
For Pete's sake - the Iowa Caucus is tomorrow. The media is in full "talk to the candidates" mode.

Why is this so hard to understand? Why does there need to be a conspiracy, or a big major plan by the campaign?

They're talking to everyone. All of the candidates. And I'll bet if you could put a minutes-interviewed tracker on all the candidates, Ron would be near the bottom.

hocaltar
01-02-2008, 04:47 PM
They finally figured it out!

First they ignore us
Then they laugh at us
Then they fight us
Then we win...

So either we have won or they have decided to welcome us into the fold and fight us ideologically. That or when RP takes 3rd or 4th they don't want to look like jackasses and be remembered as saying, "long shot."

itshappening
01-02-2008, 04:50 PM
it's the blowback from the debate exclusion, the rival networks are curious and Fox are feeling guilty

the phone calls and emails have helped as well as DRUDGE

hazek
01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Well if you compare how much they show other candidates it's still outrageously bias. I guess now that a lot more people are paying attention they don't want to ignore him as plain and blatant as they use to so that it is harder for people to realize their bias.

But I think he deserves way more and I guess that will never change.

hueylong
01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
It's the day before the Iowa caucus people. All the candidates are making rounds of news shows.

devil21
01-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Jack Cafferty has dropped Ron Paul's name twice on the Cafferty File today. Neither time was it about Ron Paul either.

voytechs
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
I think it's because they know that he's going to do well tomorrow, and they don't want to be seen as irrelevant. If Ron Paul were to place in third place and be able to claim he did it without the help of the media, and that it was strictly internet based, they would be sent reeling. They can keep him at arms length, but they can't completely ignore him without spiting themselves.

I think thats too little and too late.

But you are right, they are covering their collective asses. They see the what is happening with Fox that even the GOP is now against them. Their stock is going down, their rating are going down, they are the laughing stock of the entire internet.

Peppy690
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
i liked the Edwards/Paul ticket response

Perry
01-02-2008, 05:10 PM

uuuuuh...we're 24 hours from the Iowa caucus?:D
I gave up tracking news. Articles are coming out at about ten per minute now nationally.