PDA

View Full Version : It's taken me half a year

Paulitical Correctness
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
But I think I snagged my dad.

I ask him after every debate who he likes.

"Giuliani would be a good one."

"Huckabee. He seems like a nice, honest guy. He's charismatic, down to earth. He'd make a great president."

"I kind of like McCain. He knows what he's talking about."

What about Ron Paul? I'd ask.

"Naaawww, Ron Paul? He's crazy. He's your buddy though, ain't he? You're always going on and on about him."

Yeah, and he'd be your buddy too if you knew what was good for you.

With increased news coverage and my consistent drilling of information, I think I've finally snagged my dad as a supporter.

In fact, I've got him bitching about Fox news and their bias. I've got him making sarcastic remarks about the other candidates. I've got him answering reporters with "Ron Paul."

'Tis a wonderful thing. :D

hopeforamerica
01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Great job! I've gotten my parents too. My Mom told me she tells everyone she can about Ron Paul. "But I won't go out and wave sign." LOL

OptionsTrader
01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
The dark side is strong, but liberty is stronger.

http://onemoreoption.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/7-yoda-force-no-safe-search.jpg

kushaze
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
I got everyone I know hooked on Ron Paul

Elwar
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't think I'll be able to get my dad...not that he'll vote...

I was volunteering at the Salvation Army on Christmas and he asked "Is it for that candidate that you like?"

He thought I was crazy for going out the night after Thanksgiving to give slim jims to all of the people waiting in line for Black Friday.

OptionsTrader
01-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I got everyone I know hooked on Ron Paul

+1

icon124
Every SINGLE DAY we here about us finally bringing someone over...and that's just from ppl on these forums....imagine all the other people out there being brought over daily....Me personally i finally got most of my family to love this man....

Paulitical Correctness
Non-Paulites are utterly fascinated with our dedication. If nothing else, this is one way to snag the interest of a possible supporter.

Scott Friday
01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
I just showed my folks the "Ron Paul: A Man For All Seasons" DVD. Of course, for years here at work Dad has been listening to me wail about the stuff Ron Paul goes on about, so that probably had the ground tilled and ready... Both my folks claim they will be voting for Paul in the primaries here in Tex. I've been burning copies of that DVD and handing them out to folks. If I had the money and time, I'd be burning thousands and leaving them all over the place: restaurants, stores, gas stations, etc,...

drexhex
01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I always wear my autographed R[evoL]ution sweatshirt around and carry a slimjim or two with me. I've gotten a lot of my family hooked, and all of my friends.

FreeTraveler
01-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I always wear my autographed R[evoL]ution sweatshirt around and carry a slimjim or two with me. I've gotten a lot of my family hooked, and all of my friends.

Yeah, but they all wish you'd at least take that sweatshirt off long enough to wash it! :D