PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Makes a Move... Suggestions for a Counter?

Quantumystic
07-14-2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/7/13/125914.shtml?s=ic

Fred Thompson is going after an endorsement from the Firefighters union that is opposing Giuliani. In doing so, he's trying to position himself as the "Security" candidate "that cares". Which is BS.

Allowing this misrepresentation to occur and effect the votes of Americans is a horrible thing for ALL Americans.

What are your suggestions for blocking Thompson's attempt at creating this perception?

What couldd be done that's legal, ethical, and exposes Thompson's TRUE motives to the American People?

ThePieSwindler
07-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Has he even declared yet?

danda
07-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Anyone know if Ron Paul's campaign is "going after endorsements"? I haven't heard much on that front.

Any reason these fire-fighters couldn't endorse the good Doctor instead?

rajibo
07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't know. I just read a brief article in 'Liberty' magazine about a speech he gave at an NRA fundraiser in Chicago. Apparently, he stumbled and bumbled through the speech, making jokes about Hollywood and Washington. It said he excelled at the Townhall style Q&A, but overall came off as "weak".

Nixon said he was "a nice kid" but "not that bright" as they were using him for their schemes.

America needs to get it together and vote for the only true alternative.

But you don't need me to tell you that........

SWATH
07-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Any reason these fire-fighters couldn't endorse the good Doctor instead?

Aren't the IAFF people Hillary supporters? I just heard that though it seems strange.

Quantumystic
07-14-2007, 07:31 PM
One thought comes to mind...

Ron Paul going public on Support for a full independent (and PUBLIC) investigation of what really went on in the aftermath of 9/11... and any pertinent actions prior to, that may have contributed to the loss of life and injuries suffered by the first responders and city civil servants.

Especially if he provides a rough outline of HOW such an investigation would be conducted, and by whom... after meeting with the FDNY, and possibly NYPD.

It would "up the ante" for Thompson to commit to doing the same, or expose his lack of genuine commitment.

sandersondavis
07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
<Lots of good stuff snipped>

Nixon said he was "a nice kid" but "not that bright" as they were using him for their schemes.

<More good stuff snipped>

What is the source for this? Is it on the Nixon tapes? We (someone brighter than me) could do a lot with that audio.

rajibo
07-14-2007, 08:07 PM
What is the source for this? Is it on the Nixon tapes? We (someone brighter than me) could do a lot with that audio.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070707/ap_on_el_pr/thompson_watergate

I used 'nice' for 'friendly' and 'bright' for 'smart' but it say's the same thing.

PatriotOne
07-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I think Fred will implode if he ever gets into the race. Maybe why he's taking his time about it.

wecandoit
07-14-2007, 08:18 PM
just make sure the firefighters know about Ron Paul, and then let them decide who they want to endorse.

I think that is all we have to do to get them on board.

ronpaulhawaii
07-14-2007, 08:20 PM
I think Fred will implode if he ever gets into the race. Maybe why he's taking his time about it.

... and then they'll pull Newt out of their hat?

m

PatriotOne
07-14-2007, 08:25 PM

m

Trudy? Mitt? Thompson? I think their next option is Satan myself :eek: . They are seriously running out of Repubs who have actually sold their souls to the devil so they may have to bring the demon out himself and terrorize us into voting for him ;)

DeadheadForPaul
07-14-2007, 08:25 PM

m

Yes.

Then it will be a battle of skeletons in the closet. Giuliani, Newt, and Thompson all got some serious ones

ronpaulhawaii
07-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Trudy? Mitt? Thompson? I think their next option is Satan myself :eek: . They are seriously running out of Repubs who have actually sold their souls to the devil so they may have to bring the demon out himself and terrorize us into voting for him ;)

Yes.

Then it will be a battle of skeletons in the closet. Giuliani, Newt, and Thompson all got some serious ones

ROTFL...

:D

sandersondavis
07-14-2007, 08:57 PM
just make sure the firefighters know about Ron Paul, and then let them decide who they want to endorse.

I think that is all we have to do to get them on board.

Right! I think it is highly unlikely that Ron Paul will get any official union support. That doesn't really matter because the rank and file more often than not breaks rank with the union hierarchy.

Bro.Butch
07-15-2007, 01:07 AM

If you look close the man is in bad health. From what I hear his young wife is a main force behind this exploratory committee. If he comes up in two months and says he is too sick to run at this time, the millions raised stays with the wife and their child...No one would dare ask for a refund...would they ?!?

angelatc
07-15-2007, 01:11 AM
I heard one of the talking heads of the old media mention that the IAFF always endorsed Democrats. Go Fred go.

angelatc
07-15-2007, 01:14 AM
If you look close the man is in bad health. !?

His cancer is supposed to be a sloooow moving cancer isn't it?

Bro.Butch
07-15-2007, 01:32 AM
I think some claim it's so, but has anyone seen him without the makeup? He looks rough !

Slugg
07-15-2007, 01:32 AM

He's been overshadowed....Mc Cain's implosion, Rudy's fear-mongering and Mitt's flip-flopping has caused any buzz regarding Fred to be overshadowed (and pretty short lived). The field is WIDE open!!!! I think this indicision on Fred's part is hurting more than helping now...I was scared of fred at first, but now I hear ordinary people say, "Well hell, is he running or not?!?!" Nah, we need someone with 'balls' and the good Dr. has those in surplus!

buffalokid777
07-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Who needs a counter for such a LAME tactic!

The NYC firefighters (Who my uncle happens to be one) had no problem seeing thru Ghouliani....

I have NO doubt they'll be smart enough to see through a scumsucking NEOCON Bushie like Fred just as easy!