PDA

View Full Version : Long Haul Trucker Advertisements

mello
01-02-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure if this is doable or not but my thought was for independent long-haul truck drivers to allow their trucks to have Ron Paul signs on them. I made a mock-up:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/fmello/RP_Truck.jpg

These guys are driving cross-country on a regular basis already & from what I hear, it's relatively inexpensive to print out the signage (they're just spit out of wide-format printers nowadays). I'm not really familiar with the trucking industry though. Are there independent drivers with their own rigs out there or would we have to find an owner of a small trucking company that happens to be a Ron Paul supporter & wouldn't mind his/her trucks temporarily transformed into mobile advertisements? I could create the digital files in photoshop (I would need a high-res digital photo of Dr. Paul though). For the back of the truck I was thinking about putting a list of what he has & has not voted for.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

bucur.razvan@gmail.com
01-03-2008, 03:53 PM
First check this out ... we think alike. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=795139#post795139

Second I'm organizing a Ron Paul vehicle blitz promotion here in South Florida. I have a trucker friend that can join us from time to time. Also he is talking of installing the adds permanently unto his trailer.

How would one go about making such an add? How much would it cost? Open to any ideas and suggestions.

Raz

mello
01-03-2008, 04:15 PM
First check this out ... we think alike. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=795139#post795139

Second I'm organizing a Ron Paul vehicle blitz promotion here in South Florida. I have a trucker friend that can join us from time to time. Also he is talking of installing the adds permanently unto his trailer.

How would one go about making such an add? How much would it cost? Open to any ideas and suggestions.

Raz

I work in the Advertising department of Roundy's (A major Grocery chain in the midwest). I designed one years ago for the back of our trucks. It was more expensive back then because wide-format printers were not as ubiquitous as they are now. I could whip up the files relatively quickly in photoshop. I would just need some info from a company that would print these out:

The dimensions & resolution needed. (Templates if they have them. Especially for the back doors.)

The file format (Photoshop, jpeg, tiff, etc)

I could then burn the files onto a dvd & mail them to the printing company you have lined up. I would need a high res photo of Ron Paul though.

I was checking online & found this printing company:
http://www.magicvinylprinting.com/vinyl_truck_trailer_graphic_wrap_printing/vinyl_truck_trailer_graphic_wrap_printing.html

There is a large "Click Here" button where you can enter the dimensions & other info for price quotes.

mello
01-04-2008, 04:14 PM
I was checking online for long-haul trucking websites & I found a map showing routes
that one company uses:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/fmello/map.jpg

I think this has more advertising potential than the blimp! If we could get 10 to 20
like-minded truck drivers to allow us to decal their rigs it would be incredible. They're
criss-crossing the country on a regular basis already. Why not criss-cross the country
with huge Ron Paul Ads?

Jake!
01-04-2008, 04:23 PM
although the idea is interesting

I think the money would be better spent on local radio and newspaper ads.

mello
01-04-2008, 04:41 PM
although the idea is interesting

The thing with radio & newspaper ads is that that you have to keep paying for them. With these "mobile billboards" we would just need the money to print them up & stick them on trucks. They could stay up for a year without paying an extra cent. I can't even imagine how many times a trucker can drive cross-country in a year?!?

all4one
01-05-2008, 08:12 AM

If I may add...

I think the point in this grassroots efforts is to provide our own daily assault on the eyes and ears of the people of this nation. The MSM isn't going to do this for Dr Paul; even when we the grassroots people generate news-worthy events, it garners little attention by them. I feel it is soley up to us to focus everyone's attention on Dr. Paul and get his message out.

So, I feel the truck ads are yet another brilliant and necessary weapon in our arsenal. :) :) :)

mello
01-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Are there any truck drivers in this forum or does anyone know any long-haul truck drivers that wouldn't mind having their trucks decorated with Ron Paul Advertisements?

mello
01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I GOT A REPLY!!! It's a printing company based in Texas called Directdecals.com

I will have to know the dimensions to be able to give you a quote.
Just to give you an idea, a full color decal 10' x 20' is
approximately $1300.00. Like I said, this size is just an example, we
would have to know the exact dimensions before I can give you a quote.

We do install graphics here, but we just have the one location in
Texas. You can contact a sign company in your area, and they should
be able to help you with the installation.

Thanks!

Anne Todd

Does anyone know any truckers in Texas that might be willing upgrade their rigs?

CountryB4Party
01-28-2008, 04:02 AM
I GOT A REPLY!!! It's a printing company based in Texas called Directdecals.com

I will have to know the dimensions to be able to give you a quote.
Just to give you an idea, a full color decal 10' x 20' is
approximately $1300.00. Like I said, this size is just an example, we
would have to know the exact dimensions before I can give you a quote.

We do install graphics here, but we just have the one location in
Texas. You can contact a sign company in your area, and they should
be able to help you with the installation.

Thanks!

Anne Todd

Does anyone know any truckers in Texas that might be willing upgrade their rigs?

You guys should make contact with Truckers4RonPaul. They were discussing this very initiative about 6 months ago.

http://www.truckers4ronpaul.org/