PDA

View Full Version : http://www.techpresident.com/ Youtube numbers going backwards????

walt
07-14-2007, 05:30 PM
The views were over 2 million, wtf???

http://www.techpresident.com/

paulitics
07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
He has over 2 million channel views, but 1.8 million videos watched on his channel. Barack obama has slightly more. I'm not exactly sure what a channel view is. I guess if you click on the candidates youtube homepage but don't watch any videos.

walt
07-14-2007, 05:51 PM
the number in the column went DOWN. This makes no sense.

Lord Xar
07-14-2007, 05:53 PM
hahahah.... oh, I hope no shennanigans are afoot.

Trance Dance Master
07-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I think they are reporting the number of views the way they do votes in online polls. One view per IP address per video. The only reason Obama's are a little bit higher is because he has so many more videos. Ron Paul is doing very well by opting for quality over quantity of videos, and keeping his subscribers eagerly awaiting the release of the next one.

Obama was above 8 million views, now he's just above 2 million. Ron Paul was just above 2 million, now he's just below 2 million.

Suzu
07-14-2007, 06:42 PM
I think they are reporting the number of views the way they do votes in online polls. One view per IP address per video. The only reason Obama's are a little bit higher is because he has so many more videos.

Obama has also had a youtube channel for a longer time than Ron Paul.

The number of views will occasionally change because youtube uses more than one server, but the numbers eventually equalize on the different servers. I've seen the views on a video jump around when youtube is doing maintenance - a video that has for example 2000 views suddenly drops back to 1500, and a few hours later it's back over 2000 again.

Trance Dance Master
07-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Have you ever seen a jump from 2 million to 8 million then back to 2 million within a few weeks? Only Barack Abomination can get that special treatment, at least until the phony views are taken off the tally.

walt
07-14-2007, 06:58 PM
I think they are reporting the number of views the way they do votes in online polls. One view per IP address per video. The only reason Obama's are a little bit higher is because he has so many more videos. Ron Paul is doing very well by opting for quality over quantity of videos, and keeping his subscribers eagerly awaiting the release of the next one.

Obama was above 8 million views, now he's just above 2 million. Ron Paul was just above 2 million, now he's just below 2 million.

OK, I didn't notice others dropped. Did they explain this? I didn't see it if they did.