PDA

View Full Version : Huge Ron Paul Billboard in Kansas City

FreedomLover
07-14-2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.ronpaulkc.com/wp/?p=36

Nice! :cool:

Bergie Bergeron
07-14-2007, 05:19 PM
There should've been a link to his website !

Johnnybags
07-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I guess that we have at least 15 million in publicity from private citizens expressing their views, awesome, I would not trade that cash on hand from Rudy for the grass roots of Ron if they begged me.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2007, 05:23 PM
That's a beautiful sight.

RP08
07-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Wonderful!

beermotor
07-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah, wow, that is crazy.

DisabledVet
07-14-2007, 05:32 PM
And so it begins.....

RonPaul2012grassroots
07-14-2007, 05:34 PM
That's excellent!

wbbgjr
07-14-2007, 05:42 PM
so how much is a billboard like that?

UCFGavin
07-14-2007, 05:48 PM
thats awesome. i don't know KC very well but does that area receive much traffic?

USAFCapt
07-14-2007, 05:59 PM
did you design it yourself? Around here it is $760 to create the sign and $500 a month rent.

mport1
07-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Awesome! We need to get a few of these up in Iowa.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-14-2007, 06:34 PM
We should start a fund to buy billboards in Iowa.

I think this is FABULOUS. One question though: I can't read the fine print on the sign in the picture. Is that visible from the road?

jonahtrainer
07-14-2007, 08:42 PM
thats awesome. i don't know KC very well but does that area receive much traffic?

Here is a site (http://outdoorbillboard.com/rent_by_state.html)with a bunch of billboards for rent (not from the main companies Lamar, Viacom or ClearChannel).

rich34
07-14-2007, 08:54 PM
I'd be willing to throw a couple dollars at this idea.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Billboards do not normally stay empty for long... But I do remember seeing a couple of empty ones on I-85 between Gaffney and Spartanburg. The sign company said "ABBOTT" on them

nayjevin
07-14-2007, 09:00 PM
i know EXACTLY where this billboard is, I could walk there from my old house.

This is TONS of traffic - just north of the Grandview Triangle (one of the busiest parts of town - notorious for traffic jams). Close to a mall and on a major highway.

Ronstock '08
07-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Love it !!

nayjevin
07-14-2007, 09:08 PM
The grandview triangle

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8783/mapkcux7.jpg

Roxi
07-14-2007, 09:09 PM
we just moved from KC and yes anyone going anywhere in KC is most likely going to be in that area at least once in the next week so i would say it would at least the population of KC plus however many out of city travelers on 71 (anyone going to Iowa springfield, tulsa, memphis, would most likely be on this highway too

LibertyOfOne
07-14-2007, 09:16 PM
I have seen these things go up to 20 grand a month for roads with heavy traffic.

DeadheadForPaul
07-14-2007, 09:21 PM
I have seen these things go up to 20 grand a month for roads with heavy traffic.

When I was working for a candidate running for the house, he decided not to use billboards after doing cost/benefit. They're relatively expensive for what they do. I would not oppose 1 or 2 for a presidential campaign, but I think that we could use that money more efficiently on other things such as the *cough Iowa Straw Poll cough* and television advertising. I think it'd be interesting to see if the Kansas people get feedback about whether people are paying attention to their sign so we know whether it would be a good strategy to implement on a national level

I REALLY like some poster's idea about buying up billboards in Iowa (and also NH and SC)

andrewgreve
07-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Looks almost like some kind of artist's rendering to me. Can someone in KC please go and take some nice shots of it?

PHenry
07-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Soon signs like this will be sprouting like weeds. A beautiful sight!

berkeleybound
07-14-2007, 10:11 PM
What are the main issues that Kansas City voters care about?
I remember the discussion on Iowa was that #1 was pro-life, #2 immigration. For most effectiveness, I don't think that "Eliminate the IRS" should be the largest blurb on the sign.

austin356
07-14-2007, 11:01 PM
What are the main issues that Kansas City voters care about?
I remember the discussion on Iowa was that #1 was pro-life, #2 immigration. For most effectiveness, I don't think that "Eliminate the IRS" should be the largest blurb on the sign.

There are 9 other so called "pro-life" candidates; Only one wants to eliminate the IRS (without the fairtax).

Around 3-4% of households pay over 50k a year in income taxes, seeing that will really catch their eye!

Marceline88
07-14-2007, 11:44 PM
I think our personal income tax burden is a huge issue here in Missouri as well as across the nation. RP's stance on the IRS proved to me that he is serious about limiting government and protecting liberty. I think it's one of his best issues to pitch to folks....who in their right mind loves paying income taxes??

The other two points of his on the billboard are biggies too. An overwhelming majority of people want to end this war now, and ending illegal immigration hits very close to Kansas City as the entire metro area has been affected by the influx.

Looks like it's in a great spot...I'll have to take a drive up to the city to see it, I am curious if it's on the northbound or southbound side, from the pic it looks like north. But anywho...I'd really like to see maybe two more around our metro area, perhaps one on I-35 mentioning his NO NAU stance, ironically on the interstate determined by the special interests involved to become the main corridor for their 3rd rate trucking operations.

A billboard with the mention of his website as well would be nice. As far as slogans go.....I would like to see something that states simply, something like....

RON PAUL
President 08'
A return to the Constitution, A return to limited government
Hope For America

Ya know, what if we all individually took out small print ads in the classifieds or personals of our local paper and gave quick 3 line slogans or bits of info. It'd be a cheap way for us to campaign for him, without the national campaign needing to spend their money on our local print advertising. Hrmmmmm It's an idea anyways.

I am just very excited and pleased to see a private citizen in my area getting the word out about the good Doctor. A billboard....so clever and so obvious. Sweet!

blackwrx
07-15-2007, 02:50 AM
If anyone else wants to put up billboards, I have tons of experience in graphic design with things like this. I would be happy to help anyone out with a design. Billboards aren't terribly expensive if you look at what you get. Some areas are only about $3000 a month. A whole month gets a TON of exposure. Someone should pool together money to get some up in a big city. Also, you can advertise on buses, subways, bus stops, etc. If anyone needs help or info just let me know.

rpf2008
07-15-2007, 03:54 AM
so how much is a billboard like that?

It really depends. In some places hundreds of dollars, in others, thousands.

Almost every billboard has the name of who owns it, give them a call and ask them about it.

Hamburglar
07-15-2007, 05:49 AM
A Ron Paul "Eliminate the IRS" billboard just off of [Joe] Bannister Road.. lol.

Shellshock1918
07-15-2007, 06:56 AM
That's good, but a billboard like that needs to be along a busy stretch of highway.

specsaregood
07-15-2007, 07:17 AM
//

duffster
07-15-2007, 07:54 AM
For those asking, this location is perfect. Here's the approximate area on a map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bannister+Mall&near=Kansas+CIty,+MO&ie=UTF8&ll=38.944991,-94.534607&spn=0.171426,0.234833&z=12&om=1

The sign would be on 71 highway, just west of the mall (Point A). There is a LOT of commuter traffic here from Lee's Summit, Grandview, Raymore, Belton, Harrisonville, etc. Any pretty much anyone from south of I-70 in Missouri who comes into the city would drive right by it.

As a Kansas resident, I probably wouldn't see it at all in my normal driving, but Kansans can't vote in their primary anyway.

If KC were to get another Ron Paul billboard, I'd like to see it on the north side of the city, visible from I-35 for those making a drive to Des Moines. :cool:

nayjevin
07-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Billboards aren't terribly expensive if you look at what you get. Some areas are only about $3000 a month.

Reach 2 people who provide a max donation of $2300 and you've made a nice profit

blackwrx
07-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Reach 2 people who provide a max donation of $2300 and you've made a nice profitYep. For about $100 a day you could reach a huge audience. The main thing is name recognition. Honestly, the design on this billboard isn't a great one. It looks a bit cheesy and something that a third party candidate would put up. But a good idea anyway. Billboards need to get something stuck in the viewers head, not give people a whole bunch of information on a candidate. People who see this will get home and say "Who was the guy on that billboard that wanted to eliminate the IRS?".

expatinireland
11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
The more exposure Ron receives through different channels the more likely he will draw more of those people over who have been dismissing him as a long-shot.

At some point though the campaign will need to have a serious number of people on the ground in New Hampshire and Iowa knocking on doors canvassing. Money is important but it is that plus a serious amount of pressing the flesh that wins campaigns.

xRedfoxx
11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
very nice!!

DealzOnWheelz
11-08-2007, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't have put the eliminate the IRS on that billboard because it would raise alot of skepticism and questions.

but good job anyway

any advertising is good advertising

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
http://www.ronpaulkc.com/wp/?p=36

Nice! :cool:

brings a tear to my eye. I used to live there. lol... is the mall still there?

0zzy
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Should have used a newer picture.
Shoulda highlighted "End the War"
etc.

troyd1
11-12-2007, 01:56 PM
a billboard campaign and get bill boards put up for Ron Paul on the main interstates with some catchy slogans like "Gas too high?" and then Ron's picture and web address. Some other slogan ideas - "Tired of bloated bureaucracy?", "Tired of high taxes?", "Tired of regulations?", "Tired of government overspending?" etc.

If you like this idea, please post more. My idea is to do some that are catchy to truckers as they drive all over and talk to a lot of people. If you can get them interested, they will attract a lot of people and spread the word as they go everywhere and talk to different people everyday. I cannot think of a better demographic to target to get the word out other than maybe traveling salesmen. All we need is to get truckers interested in an issue. I think something to do with the high fuel prices is probably a winner. Another thing would be to leave literature at truckstops. Others as well as truckers stop there and are always looking for something to read. Truckers are generally a very patriotic group also.

A slogan about the Mexican truckers allowed to haul in the us would be a huge winner with truckers.

Win_Witka
11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I think our personal income tax burden is a huge issue here in Missouri as well as across the nation. RP's stance on the IRS proved to me that he is serious about limiting government and protecting liberty. I think it's one of his best issues to pitch to folks....who in their right mind loves paying income taxes??

The other two points of his on the billboard are biggies too. An overwhelming majority of people want to end this war now, and ending illegal immigration hits very close to Kansas City as the entire metro area has been affected by the influx.

Looks like it's in a great spot...I'll have to take a drive up to the city to see it, I am curious if it's on the northbound or southbound side, from the pic it looks like north. But anywho...I'd really like to see maybe two more around our metro area, perhaps one on I-35 mentioning his NO NAU stance, ironically on the interstate determined by the special interests involved to become the main corridor for their 3rd rate trucking operations.

A billboard with the mention of his website as well would be nice. As far as slogans go.....I would like to see something that states simply, something like....

RON PAUL
President 08'
A return to the Constitution, A return to limited government
Hope For America

Ya know, what if we all individually took out small print ads in the classifieds or personals of our local paper and gave quick 3 line slogans or bits of info. It'd be a cheap way for us to campaign for him, without the national campaign needing to spend their money on our local print advertising. Hrmmmmm It's an idea anyways.

I am just very excited and pleased to see a private citizen in my area getting the word out about the good Doctor. A billboard....so clever and so obvious. Sweet!

I agree with you on having the billboard mentioning a simple slogan but on a eye-catching color that can be seen from a distance with a large pic of Ron Paul along with RP website.;)