PDA

View Full Version : Ah the trolls are alive and well.

Gamer4Paul
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:

First, unless you have a specific contract, you have no rights against a private party. Blizzard can monitor and delete anything they want. It's their servers.

Second, every other time that players organized a similar rally, the organizers and the participants accounts were suspended. When the Warriors did their protest, the participants' accounts were suspended. When Paladins formed their protest, accounts were suspended. This is no different and accounts should be suspended.

Third, we should not demand compensation from Blizzard because they did nothing wrong. It would be like someone crashing into your car in a Home Depot parking lot and you demanding compensation from Home Depot rather than the person who hit your car.

Fourth, the Paulites did perform an act that is a ban-able offense. Under the terms of use, section 5.B.2, a player cannot carry out an action that has a disruptive effect. The Paulites carried out an action that was disruptive to the game that was unrelated to playing the game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Yes they can, you are right. However, they do a pretty good job of adhering to their own preexisting terms so there are no surprises on what they are gonna do to your toon.

2.) I am not aware of what happened with these past "protests" but they sound like they were legitimately disruptive and they probably broke some terms of use and harrassed players.

3.) You are correct.

4.) The reason I wrote this post... How convenient you sound so factual and yet leave out the majority of the section.

Here is the whole thing: "Carry out any action with a disruptive effect, such as intentionally causing the Chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, can have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat;"

The folks doing the harmless group walk/run were instructed specifically NOT to do this, not to yell, not to respond to angry whispers, not to flood general or trade chats. The people spamming were TROLLS, hecklers, and people who wanted to give the real marchers a bad name. Any spammers were IMMEDIATELY kicked out of the guild and raid group if they spammed used foul language. In fact, the legitimate participants were suggested to right click and report spam the spammers.

To everyone: show me where it says in the terms of use that a world of warcraft player cannot choose a server to play on, join a guild which represents their interests, form raid groups, and take a voyage through azeroth as a group and I will concede my point. Oh wait, that's the point of the game, whether you are slaying big bad dragons or just exploring the landscapes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

^^
The best post I have seen on this. Gregarious has the right idea (responder)

lemur
01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks for posting this. We pretty much bent over backwards to NOT do anything that would disrupt other people's gaming experience. Trust me there were more than a few times when some of us wanted to explode over the insults folks were spouting towards us. Not just during the march, but in the days leading up to it as well.

As an example, one of our players was followed for about a half hour by a player who /slapped and /spit on him /yelled at him, and just wouldn't leave him alone. THAT is a TOSable offense, but he was nice enough not to report her. Instead, thanks to one of our wise and brilliant members, we ended up buffing her, and thereafter, went about buffing every person we passed. (Which is perfectly acceptable and normal in the game.)

Anytime we entered a major city we were assaulted with rude, nasty comments on the trade channel = which BTW is supposed to be kept purely to Trade, not for conversation. Our members held their heads high and ignored the nastiness.

Now I'm certain that many of the server residents want to blame us for messing up the login queue. However we asked our members to log in early and the majority of them were already signed into the game by the time the queue got filled. That suggests to me that many of those who filled the queue weren't Ron Paul supporters, but folks who logged on to hate at us. In fact a huge number of the spammers had lvl 1 characters, so what does that tell you?