PDA

View Full Version : Blimp rides to raise money?

dshields
01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Why not allow people to take a ride on the blimp for $500-$1000+ an outing?. The blimp makes enough stops to probably make this concept feasible. It could in itself provide a significant amount of the funding for the general operation of the blimp making it easier to raise money.

The other potential benefit is it might make it legally less complicated if people are simply buying rides on the blimp versus buying advertisement air time.

If it was in the budget, I would definitely drive several hours to a departure point and ride the blimp to the next location. Perhaps a ride back to your car could be included in the cost....?

Just some thoughts.

By the way, if this idea has already been discussed and shot down I apologize in advance.

Dave

Mckarnin
01-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Why not allow people to take a ride on the blimp for $500-$1000+ an outing?. The blimp makes enough stops to probably make this concept feasible. It could in itself provide a significant amount of the funding for the general operation of the blimp making it easier to raise money.

The other potential benefit is it might make it legally less complicated if people are simply buying rides on the blimp versus buying advertisement air time.

If it was in the budget, I would definitely drive several hours to a departure point and ride the blimp to the next location. Perhaps a ride back to your car could be included in the cost....?

Just some thoughts.

By the way, if this idea has already been discussed and shot down I apologize in advance.

Dave

We cannot "sell" rides on the blimp. It would change the legal designation of the aircraft.