PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Best One Liners

Kade
01-02-2008, 03:04 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on our favorite Ron Paul one liners... perhaps they could be used in campaign and advertising materials.

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means."

"But you know, I think it's interesting talking about torture here in that it's become enhanced interrogation technique. It sounds like Newspeak."

"War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures."

"Why don't they put you on a diet, you're a little overweight..." (on using a tyrannical approach to government stopping the drug trade)

"The federal government has no right to treat all Americans as criminals by spying on their relationship with their doctors, employers, or bankers."

"There is but one special interest that we should be working for, and that would solve just about all of our problems, and that is our Liberty."

"I've always wondered why the guy who's 58 and had a million bucks and hadn't served, why doesn't he owe more to this country, maybe he should be on the frontline." (on the draft being like slavery)

"every time we write a law to control private behavior, we imply that somebody has to arrive with a gun, because if you desecrate the flag, you have to punish that person."

Many many more....

I have to admit... I like Ron Paul so much more when I ignore the idiots on this board. And trust me, there are idiots... (Carcass)

WilliamC
01-02-2008, 03:05 PM
"We should take our marching orders from the Constitution!"

Bryan
01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
"Real flat, like zero." - when asked about the flat tax on Jay Leno.

BizmanUSA
01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
"Freedom is Popular!"

FreeTraveler
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
"We are being overtaxed, over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. Our founders would be ashamed of what we put up with."

HOLLYWOOD
01-02-2008, 03:46 PM
"We have an Ole Saying for that too... and you're Full of It!"

Publicani
01-02-2008, 03:50 PM
"You'll come around"

...with a smile in his voice... at the end of Hannity's interview explaining to Ron Paul that he agrees with RP on a lot of issues but disagrees on foreign policy.

jgmaynard
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
When asked if he would send Federal troops to repel a Canadian invasion of Montana:

"I think Montana could probably handle that on their own." :)

JM

Publicani
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Saying Iran Will Invade Israel Is "Like Saying Iran Is Going to Invade Mars"

Freedom
01-02-2008, 05:37 PM
"We just marched in, we should just come home!" - What Ron said in response to question about troop withdrawal from Iraq.

"It's only the beginning!" - Ron's response after Rudy said, "Oooh, you sure have a LOT of supporters!"

Dave Pedersen
01-02-2008, 05:43 PM
"... I see signs saying Dr. Paul cured my apathy.. well I say all of you have cured my skepticism..."

inibo
01-02-2008, 07:12 PM
To Jay Leno: "Yes, there's a risk I could win." :D

inibo
01-02-2008, 07:58 PM
His answer to "What are you going to do about Pakistan?"
"I'd do a lot less a lot sooner." ~January 2nd, 2008

Bossobass
01-02-2008, 08:03 PM
We don't get our rights because we're gays or women or minorities. We get our rights from our Creator, as individuals, so everyone should be treated the same, as individuals.

I'm trying to change the system. For you to turn it around and say that I support the system, I find rather ironic and entertaining.

[Before the Iowa rally outside Hi V Hall in the parking lot]: Let's go have some FUN today!

[In the airport, waiting for our flights out of Manchester, NH, after the 3rd debate, at 5:00 AM, after being at Murphy's Tap Room until 2:00 AM]: Can you believe that none of them were willing to take pre-emptive nuclear war against Iran off the table last night??!! And I was chomping at the bit but they wouldn't call on me to comment!! Unbelievable!! It was so frustrating!! But, I got it in there at the end. [wink]

Bosso

ssdded
01-02-2008, 08:26 PM
From a speech in Nashville a few months ago:
We educate our children about as well as we rebuilt New Orleans. (Or was it the other way around)?

torchbearer
01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
"You'll come around"

...with a smile in his voice... at the end of Hannity's interview explaining to Ron Paul that he agrees with RP on a lot of issues but disagrees on foreign policy.

:)

Dary
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
"Have fun!"

Zavoi
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
"There is a strong tradition of bein' anti-war in the Republican Party."

Andrew-Austin
01-02-2008, 08:50 PM
"Why don't they put you on a diet, your a little overweight!"

I laughed so hard when I first heard it.

His answer to "What are you going to do about Pakistan?"
"I'd do a lot less a lot sooner." ~January 2nd, 2008

I liked that one too. :)

evadmurd
01-02-2008, 08:51 PM
//

thekeeper
01-02-2008, 08:54 PM
"I want to be president not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to be president to run the economy. I don't want to be president to run the world. I want to be president to restore liberty."

jcbraithwaite7
01-02-2008, 08:56 PM
//

katao
01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
//

shasshas
01-02-2008, 09:05 PM
"That's a good idea.. I LIKE that idea !!" on being asked Ar eyou going to abolish the IRS?

heh a good honest straight answer. maybe thepolicy is not fully doable but the determination and simplicaity is there.

SeanEdwards
01-02-2008, 09:18 PM
"Just come home."

jonahtrainer
01-02-2008, 10:03 PM
"We are being overtaxed, over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. Our founders would be ashamed of what we put up with."

I love that quote. Right along with it goes this quote:

"Counterfeiting the nation’s money is a serious offense. The founders were especially adamant about avoiding the chaos, inflation, and destruction associated with the Continental dollar. That’s why the Constitution is clear that only gold and silver should be legal tender in the United States. In 1792 the Coinage Act authorized the death penalty for any private citizen who counterfeited the currency. Too bad they weren’t explicit that counterfeiting by government officials is just as detrimental to the economy and the value of the dollar." From a speech on April 25, 2006 (http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2006/cr042506.htm)

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
"It’s sort of like if you step in a snake pit and you get bit, who caused the trouble? Because you stepped in the snake pit or because snakes bite you?"

- Regarding al Qaeda