PDA

View Full Version : Shepherd Smith on FOX just called US OUT

Micahyah
01-02-2008, 02:50 PM
He was discussing Iowa with Bay Buchanan and another analyst, and said this:

"Are the yong people going to actually vote? If the Ron Paul people voted he would be president. But they won't and he won't be."

First, I think this is a good admission. If WE VOTE, Ron Paul will be president. That's exactly what he just said.

I think they are terrified because they know his support is strong. They are HOPING we don't vote, because that's the only thing stopping Dr. Paul from winning.

WilliamC
01-02-2008, 02:51 PM
He must have been getting some phone calls today :)

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I can't imagine anything stopping an RP supporter from getting to the caucus or the polls. You'd have to tie me to a chair and hold a gun to my head to keep me from voting.

kill the banks
i don't care if you break a leg ... VOTE FIRST !!!

kill the banks

jaumen
People better get out there and vote.

Original_Intent
Lol I think I beat you, but you had a more provocative title :p

hocaltar
01-02-2008, 02:54 PM
I can't imagine anything stopping an RP supporter from getting to the caucus or the polls. You'd have to tie me to a chair and hold a gun to my head to keep me from voting.

You would have to pull that trigger to keep me out of the booth for the first time in my life.

greendiseaser
01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Shep Smith Sucks Caucaus!

Broadlighter
01-02-2008, 02:56 PM
He's betting on the idea that most people are stupid, which is why the MSM has been so successful in promoting its own handpicked candidates.

This is our golden opportunity to show this yokel that we mean business.

scubasteve01
I don't get why they think we won't vote. We're everywhere, we're standing in the cold waving signs, you think we're not going to actually show up at the polls?

Cleaner44
How they underestimate us. I am 39 years old. Many Ron Paul supporters are older, many are vets.

Ronpaul2008.com is a top 10,000 site that reaches over 439K U.S. monthly uniques. The site caters to a somewhat male, more educated, primarily older, fairly wealthy audience.
source: http://www.quantcast.com/ronpaul2008.com

Ethek
01-02-2008, 02:57 PM
There will be RP supporters who dont make it. For instance there was an article earlier talking about all of the people that couldn't caucus. One was an College age guy who loved RP but needed the tips from such a busy night at the restraunt. People that work shifts and so on. That could make for a disappointing chunk from RPs base.

Things like this affect everyone about equal.. but we will see.

cujothekitten
01-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Someone post this on the facebook page. We need to rally the younger voters to get out tomorrow.

We really are depending on them.

WilliamC
We can just hope the MSM has the attitude that all this internet support is not able to be translated to real votes. That way they will be completely blindsided :)

VicVixvi
Unfortunately, he has history on his side. Many young and/or first time voters get enthused and then do not follow up by voting. It has happened time & time again, most recently to Dean in 2004.

PROVE HIM WRONG!

Eponym_mi
He must be getting calls out the wazoo. Mhahahahaha:D

rollingpig
youtube it

OptionsTrader

haha!

I would guess that once you hear the freedom message and truly take it to heart and understand it, you are never going to support any of the other jokers. The NH canvassers said that the support for other candidates up there like Edwards is paper thin, paper thin, and that converting them to support our man is not overly difficult. Think about that. And think about what could happen if Ron starts polling nationally in the mid teens to 20s. People start jumping on the wagon and momentum takes over, and once we have them once we truly have them educated, they do not leave.

ChooseLiberty
01-02-2008, 02:59 PM
I think some people in the MSM are trying to push Dr. Paul under the radar. Has he ever said anything against Dr. Paul?

Smith may be just trying to push more people into ACTION by the challenge.

fortilite
01-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Well we certainly won't achieve 100% of us getting out to vote, but I am sure over 90% of us will. A lot better than you can say for supporters of any other candidate.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I caught that as well and I hope someone caught that remark and sends it all over hell and high water. I think this is basically Fox News daring us!

itshappening
01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
as Bradley in DC will no doubt tell you it's old fashioned getting Iowans to show up :D we're in their hands there's lots of GOTV going on, call 4 paul and whatever the campaign is doing, hopefully enough show up

WilliamC
01-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately, he has history on his side. Many young and/or first time voters get enthused and then do not follow up by voting. It has happened time & time again, most recently to Dean in 2004.

PROVE HIM WRONG!

It's easy to do but I'll do it anyway. I predict that this election will be unlike any other before in US history. Dean had the beginnings of an internet grassroots campaign, but Ron Paul has a functional internet grassroots campaign that raises record amounts of money and wins online/straw polls often in overwhelming numbers. I predict that this is the last presidential election that the MSM will have any control over, by the next one internet will be king.

Ron LOL
Well, I thought it was hilarious. But I guess some people prefer to get upset over having a sense of humor.

Ibtz
I won't let my artificial hip, a dead battery on my Hovaround, or those pesky neighborhood kids keep me away from the voting booth!! Bah!!

jake

PROVE HIM WRONG!

Why is this the case? I just can't imagine people not actually getting off their asses and VOTING, it's so simple !

Chase
I think on any primary or caucas day, every single one of us should not only personally vote but also call every single Ron Paul supporter they know and insist that they get out to vote as well as calling every single Ron Paul supporter they know to extract the same promise.

Perry
01-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Every single vote counts. If we 'lose"(I'll leave this open to interpretation) by 100 votes, people who didn't vote will never forgive themselves.

bbachtung
01-02-2008, 03:04 PM
There will be RP supporters who dont make it. For instance there was an article earlier talking about all of the people that couldn't caucus. One was an College age guy who loved RP but needed the tips from such a busy night at the restraunt. People that work shifts and so on. That could make for a disappointing chunk from RPs base.

Things like this affect everyone about equal.. but we will see.

Somebody should get in touch with the waiter who wanted the tips, and tell him that if he brings some breath mints to the caucus we'll tip him $100 each.

mjp1025
That's a smart move, Shep! Go ahead...challenge the youth movement...they'll step all over you!!!

freelance
He's betting on the idea that most people are stupid, which is why the MSM has been so successful in promoting its own handpicked candidates.

This is our golden opportunity to show this yokel that we mean business.

Stupid people don't support Ron Paul. :D

Menthol Patch
Contact all the Ron Paul supporters in Iowa and tell them to vote in the caucus!

Cindy
01-02-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't get why they think we won't vote. We're everywhere, we're standing in the cold waving signs, you think we're not going to actually show up at the polls?

I think they think that the grassroots efforts they see all are coming from the official campaign and paid staff.

They don't get that we are running Paul's show with our own money and are not even getting paid to do it. If they truly understood that, they wouldn't be so stupid as to question, "Will they go vote?"

Did we not prove we will with all of the GOP straw polls that also charged us money to vote. We'll be at the polls tenfold for the free one that counts.

Ron2Win
01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
HAHAHHAHA
LMFAO!!!

aravoth
01-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I will drive around the country, stopping at every single person's house that said they would vote for RP and didn't. I will drag them out into the street, and pee on them.

WilliamC
01-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I think they think that the grassroots efforts they see all are coming from the official campaign and paid staff.

They don't get that we are running Paul's show with our own money and are not even getting paid to do it. If they truly understood that, they wouldn't be so stupid as to question, "Will they go vote?"

Did we not prove we will with all of the GOP straw polls that also charged us money to vote. We'll be at the polls tenfold for the free one that counts.

I spoke to one of the VP's at Fox News for about 5 mintes today and he essentially said the same thing, that the campaign was behind the grassroots/internet effort. How wrong they are :)

Ron2Win
01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
These people are utterly stupid. The more they flame the fire the bigger it gets.

They are trying to douse it by throwing gasoline at it.

Thank you FOX, if i had any idea you were this stupid it would have been easier to take you guys down before.

Mortikhi
01-02-2008, 03:11 PM
you bastard, im trying my best not to lol at the office right now

austin4paul
01-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Unless THEY count the votes and tell us that you didn't vote when you did.

If you're in Iowa, PLEASE check out this link:

http://www.libertybroadcastnetwork.org/

HillbillyDan
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
The only thing that will stop me voting, in WV, is a gunshot to my melon.

Laja
01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will stop a true Ron Paul supporter from voting!!!!

adam1mc
01-02-2008, 03:26 PM

You slacker.. That wouldn't stop me... I'd still find a way :D

2young2vote
01-02-2008, 03:34 PM
If i could vote i would but at this point i can't. Luckily i have converted my parents who will take the place of my vote times 2.

whutaboutbob
01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
He was discussing Iowa with Bay Buchanan and another analyst, and said this:

"Are the yong people going to actually vote? If the Ron Paul people voted he would be president. But they won't and he won't be."

First, I think this is a good admission. If WE VOTE, Ron Paul will be president. That's exactly what he just said.

I think they are terrified because they know his support is strong. They are HOPING we don't vote, because that's the only thing stopping Dr. Paul from winning.

Not all of us are young, some of us are longer in the tooth than others!

:cool:

hawkeyenick
01-02-2008, 03:39 PM
NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will stop a true Ron Paul supporter from voting!!!!
not everyone is a true supporter...sadly we have to get the apathetic to vote for us as well

Jeremy
01-02-2008, 03:40 PM
He is going on what has happened in the past... not many young people vote at these. However, Paul supporters are serious about this. So serious that they increased the amount of registered republicans in the U.S. 2% more than before.

It has been going down normally as well

FreeTraveler
01-02-2008, 03:42 PM
I won't let my artificial hip, a dead battery on my Hovaround, or those pesky neighborhood kids keep me away from the voting booth!! Bah!!

Umm... it's Hoveround, but thanks for the mention. :) I used to run their IS before I retired.

hawkeyenick
01-02-2008, 03:42 PM
He is going on what has happened in the past... not many young people vote at these. However, Paul supporters are serious about this. So serious that they increased the amount of registered republicans in the U.S. 2% more than before.

It has been going down normally as well

Why are people not paying attention to this? We can take over the GOP if we wanted to!

gb13
01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
This would be a good thing to "predict" before the votes are cast, if voter fraud is in their play-book.

We really need to watch the count.

What is being done in Iowa to ensure a fair count?

voytechs
01-02-2008, 04:32 PM

+1

MGreen
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
I can't imagine anything stopping an RP supporter from getting to the caucus or the polls.
A good night of tips? :(

rollingpig
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Still No Utube?

hummtide
01-02-2008, 04:35 PM
basketball sized hail can fall.. ill burrow a tunnel to my voting precinct!!