PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Iowa win to lead massive run up on Wall Street Friday?

hummtide
01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
BANK ON IT! Im guessing 570 points!

jasonoliver
01-02-2008, 02:46 PM
BANK ON IT! Im guessing 570 points!

You are crazy :rolleyes:

If anything Ron Paul wins would cause short term losses in the markets.

Important decision makers in the markets hate uncertainty........They would be much happier with the status quo.

ronpaulitician
01-02-2008, 02:46 PM
"Win" as in "First place among GOP candidates" or "win" as in "outperforms 'establishment' polls" and/or "gets third place or better"?

gdgoggint4
01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
any sign that ron paul movement is gaining traction will cause wall street to sell off large. ron paul wants to put the country on a diet, and we all know how unpopular a diet, however necessary, actually is. a move towards gold as a currency will restrain the markets tremendously. the entire financial system has been built on unlimited monetary growth fueled by derivatives. a economy growth rate on a gold standard is very limited and multiples smaller than the current us system.

ronpaulyourmom
01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Wall Street is not going to move big on election news at this point, maybe after Feb 5th.

Friday will only be about one thing, the jobs report. Everything else, and I mean everything, is meaningless in the face of that piece of data.

expatinireland
01-02-2008, 03:18 PM
A Ron Paul win in Iowa would not cause a rally in the US equity markets. The uncertainty caused by the changes proposed for the monetary system would cause a sell off.

Mr. White
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
any sign that ron paul movement is gaining traction will cause wall street to sell off large. ron paul wants to put the country on a diet, and we all know how unpopular a diet, however necessary, actually is. a move towards gold as a currency will restrain the markets tremendously. the entire financial system has been built on unlimited monetary growth fueled by derivatives. a economy growth rate on a gold standard is very limited and multiples smaller than the current us system.

Helluva clear-headed post. Watch out though, blind-optimism rules this board.

austin4paul
01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
You've got it backwards actually. Ron Paul would restore value to our currency. Since there's no value in the currency right now, it means solid assets (goods, inventory, etc.) are worth MORE. As the currency deflates, the assets have inflated. When that trend is reversed, the markets will fall, but you'll be able to buy more with fewer dollars again. For the poor and people living on fixed incomes, this will be good. But for Wall St. speculators, you can expect a decline -- especially anything defense industry related.

Elwar
01-02-2008, 03:26 PM
It would cause a spike in attacks by the Old Media.

dfalken
01-02-2008, 03:37 PM
A Ron Paul win would cause a crash on wallstreet...trust me on this one...I've been involved with the markets for a very long time. Wallstreet is fed by the money printing machine, a Ron Paul win would put an end to that game.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-02-2008, 03:39 PM
You are crazy :rolleyes:

If anything Ron Paul wins would cause short term losses in the markets.

Important decision makers in the markets hate uncertainty........They would be much happier with the status quo.

You're not in the market then. And yes, I am.

The market is crying out for Ron Paul to win. If he wins Iowa, there will be a small rally, but not 570 p.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-02-2008, 03:41 PM
A Ron Paul win would cause a crash on wallstreet...trust me on this one...I've been involved with the markets for a very long time. Wallstreet is fed by the money printing machine, a Ron Paul win would put an end to that game.

Yuck, you're so wrong. A few stocks like Halliburton will plummet, but Wall St is wanting a guy in the WH who understand money. Many have said they want RP to win.