PDA

View Full Version : Paul Raises more online than Giuliani?

Johnnybags
07-14-2007, 03:00 PM
NYT Notes Ron Paul's Internet Fundraising Leads Giuliani
Posted by Eric A. Garris at 07:46 PM

Buried at the bottom of a New York Times article about the Democrats lead in raising money online:

One surprising development has been the online strength of a Republican long shot, Representative Ron Paul of Texas, who has garnered fierce devotion online and been able to sustain his campaign in large part from Internet donations.

Potentially troublesome for Republicans, however, Mr. Giuliani, the current party front-runner in national polls, has done the least of all of the major candidates online, raising an anemic $1.3 million.

*** if it was not for those deep pocketed NY Waall st types and corp donations from security companies and military companies he would be sunk!!!! They want him, noone else does.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Giuliani gets his money from huge fundraiser events with the establishment, and 9/11 speeches. So that would explain why he hasn't raised much on the internet.

Ron Paul is all grassroots. Which explains his huge amount of internet donations.

DavyDuke17
07-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I can't wait to see the number of donors versus the other candidates. All that stuff comes out officially tomorrow, right?

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I can't wait to see the number of donors versus the other candidates. All that stuff comes out officially tomorrow, right?

12:01 A.M. on July 16.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 03:57 PM
We may have some "Wizard of Oz" moments when the candidates all lay their fund raising on the table.

Johnnybags
07-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Ya think Ron might have sandbagged ABC? Maybe a flood of late donations were all not accounted for? Perhaps there was late money Ron was not aware of, now officially he is. I bet its more than 2.4.