PDA

View Full Version : Did I hear this correctly?

VRP08
01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
The TV was on and I don't remember what cable news station was talking about Obama and Edwards might beat Hillary in every caucus and primary. Whatever..anyway they went on to say that she might loose them all, yet still wind up being the dem. candidate anyway. So why do any of this if they can still pick "THEIR", guy..or gal??? Is this like that on the Republican side too?

VRP08
01-02-2008, 12:25 PM
anyone?

SeanEdwards
01-02-2008, 12:28 PM
I think you heard Pat Buchanan saying that Hillary could lose all the early primaries and still get the nomination.

austin4paul
01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
It's all about the delegates. That's why there's so damn many threads on this forum talking about how important it is that you find out how to become a delegate in your precinct.

In the event that there is a close race, the delegates get to pick who they want to vote for. Rules vary, but usually you have to vote for the candidate that the people you represent voted for the first or first few times. Then, if there's still no clear winner, the delegates are freed up to vote their conscience. It's called a brokered nomination.

Learn how to be a delegate for your state!

jake
01-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Learn how to be a delegate for your state!

and do it NOW!

SeanEdwards
01-02-2008, 12:33 PM
and do it NOW!

Get to ze delegate choppa!

Jwaksman
01-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, Hillary can lose Iowa and New Hampshire and still be the nominee because she has the most money and the best organization in the other states. This is especially likely if Edwards takes Iowa, because he has poured everything he has in that state. Even if he wins Iowa, he will still lack the resources to make any serious run at the full nomination.