PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Tracking

oldpaths1611
07-14-2007, 02:32 PM
This is not a new story, but many may not be aware that the government can eavesdrop on you through your cell phone even when it is off! Just ran across this video and thought I'd share.

http://www.break.com/index/are-you-friggin-kiddin-me.html

ShaneC
07-14-2007, 02:42 PM
this is why in highly secured areas (namely, those belonging to the government) one must REMOVE THE BATTERY from their cellphone.

And remember there is that GPS tracker in there too

mdh
07-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Old news; first came out when it was made public because recordings made this way were introduced as evidence in a criminal proceding probably a good year ago now.

oldpaths1611
07-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Old news; first came out when it was made public because recordings made this way were introduced as evidence in a criminal proceding probably a good year ago now.

That's why I started the thread by saying this is not a new story, but thanks for confirming.

ShaneC
07-14-2007, 06:11 PM
no, its not new, but its something alot of people don't seem to know

Warhawk
07-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Had to bump this just because of what a guy on my forum said when someone pointed out to him that it was a violation of fourth amendment rights.

No, because they aren't doing anything to hurt your freedom. What could they possibly do that would hurt your freedom by tapping your phones or even recording them?