PDA

View Full Version : Get RP on Letterman

John P Slevin
01-02-2008, 11:42 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080102/ap_on_en_tv/hollywood_labor_late_night_3; (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080102/ap_on_en_tv/hollywood_labor_late_night_3;_ylt=AsTUdyJmUj01ZsLx A0L.IpEE1vAI)_ylt=AsTUdyJmUj01ZsLxA0L.IpEE1vAI

As the linked article shows, David Letterman is coming back on the air tonight and featured guest is Robin Williams; Jay Leno also returns tonight with his featured guest Mike Huckabee.

cbsmailbag@aol.com is the email for suggestions to the show.

Question_Authority
01-02-2008, 08:01 PM
I agree! We need to get him on Letterman!! Letterman is very intelligent and politically astute. He also has become an excellent interviewer. A perfect fit for Dr Paul. PLEASE write to Letterman. We need him on there ASAP! Jan 7 would be nice, right before the NH primary...

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.shtml

If anyone is with the Manhattan group, maybe you could do some Ron Paul sign waves on Broadway just outside his studio. He often sends the camera out there to interact with people on the street. Have signs that implore Dave to have on the good dr.

libertythor
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
He said he was going to vote for Ron Paul in 88 race.

SonicInfinity
01-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Isn't Hillary on Letterman?

jasonjasonjason1
01-02-2008, 08:09 PM
aa

Salamando
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Isn't Hillary on Letterman?

She was already on a few weeks before the strike.

Salamando
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
So wait. The writers strike is half-over???

Letterman's company made their own deal with the WGA so he and Craig Ferguson are allowed to bring back their writers.

Copperhed51
01-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Letterman's company made their own deal with the WGA so he and Craig Ferguson are allowed to bring back their writers.

Which means the Letterman and Ferguson are able to get celebrities on their shows while Leno and the others are stuck with athletes, musical guests, and politicians. I think the chances of getting Dr. Paul on Letterman aren't as good right now as they'd normally be. Letterman will want to beat Leno by using his deal that allows celebrities to be on the show.

RP4U&ME
01-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Dave's working on a Grizzly Adams beard!

colecrowe
01-02-2008, 11:11 PM
bump

Joe3113
01-02-2008, 11:16 PM
I definitely think this is a must. Imagine him going on and they play the clip from 88'.

Yom
01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Sent CBS an email a couple days ago when this issue came up, but no response so far.

Salamando
01-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Which means the Letterman and Ferguson are able to get celebrities on their shows while Leno and the others are stuck with athletes, musical guests, and politicians. I think the chances of getting Dr. Paul on Letterman aren't as good right now as they'd normally be. Letterman will want to beat Leno by using his deal that allows celebrities to be on the show.

Where did you hear this? Bob Saget was on Conan.

austin356
01-03-2008, 12:36 AM

where did you hear this? How in the world could the WGA stop Leno from having Celebrities on his show?

not confrontational just curious.

Question_Authority
01-03-2008, 12:38 AM
This is a better contact email for Letterman:

cbsmailbag@aol.com

Also, Bill Maher will be on the show tomorrow night! It would be nice to email him to ask him to mention Paul (and maybe the FOX debate issue). Have no idea how to get in touch with him though.

shasshas
01-03-2008, 12:51 AM
YES PLS SEND A NICE LETTER TO MR LETTERMAN

say you want Mr Letterman's "esteemed" opinion on Dr Paul through an interview

Question_Authority
01-03-2008, 01:03 AM
bump

Copperhed51
01-03-2008, 01:31 AM
where did you hear this? How in the world could the WGA stop Leno from having Celebrities on his show?

not confrontational just curious.

Any actors that are part of the Screen Actor's Guild basically won't cross the picket line. I suppose they can cross the line if they want but most of the big ones will not be crossing out of respect for the writers. Letterman and Ferguson pretty much have a monopoly on the big name actors.