PDA

View Full Version : Diebold electronic voting Machine counters to be used in the Iowa straw poll?

EastWindRain
07-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Diebold electronic voting Machine counters to be used in the Iowa straw poll?

From Ron Paul Meetup Email;

Tonight I was on the national meet up conference call. It is very sad but true and extremely serious that people in the national campaign have little to no concern that the GOP is going to bring Diebold electronic vote counters to the Iowa straw poll to "count the votes in secret". We all should know perfectly well what that means rigged against Ron Paul just like they did to Buchanan. A guy named Fred was passionately for doing whatever necessary to count all the votes by hand. There will not be many and will be an easy thing to do. We need to head off at the pass the apathy at the national level to stand down and back Fred in his passion to have a hand count only. His email is block89@gmail.com If you don’t take action yourselves on this issue then all of your time, money, and efforts are going to be perfectly wasted! The election will be wasted! At some point in time this vote rigging has to be addressed and the sooner the better and easier.

Electronic Voting Machines are a scam! Do not let them be used to count votes or Ron Paul will lose as the counting will be rigged against him. We must urge for paper ballad hand counting only.

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/topnews/hc-pollconvicted-0711,0,2852970,print.story?coll=hc_tab01_layout

"It is not the votes that count, but who counts the votes." Joseph Stalin.

:rolleyes: How to Whip This Ron Paul Character and All His Whacky Followers.

Paul can be defeated by ignorance. Ignore him if you can.
By lies. Misrepresent his positions whenever possible.
By word gaming. As Lenin advised, "First, confuse the vocabulary."
By contempt. Dismiss him as amusing and pathetic.
By smearing his supporters. Find the worst and spotlight them. Call them a cult.
By consensus. Dismiss him with peer-pressure ridicule.
By false accusations. Spread them quickly and far.
By never discussing his policies. Change the subject to his person.
By the polls. Ask the right people the right questions and get the answer you want.
By reporting his most unpopular votes. But don't report his reasoning.
By rudeness. Wreck any debate where his ideas are winning.
With all these tools, he can be easily defeated. Use them generously.
But Ron Paul cannot be defeated by refuting him in an honest and courteous technical debate. Avoid that.

- Moderno Machiavelli

Lord Xar
07-14-2007, 02:16 PM
arghhhh....

Okay. I WILL push this thru MY meetup group email..

BUT, we need to get this info THRU ALL MEETUPS. I have asked this before, with no answer, is there a central meetup information cyphon?

This is important. Those machines CAN and WILL be rigged in SECRET!!!!

This is completely lame. You are right. The importance of this is HUGE!!!!!

that video showing the hacking of the machines is on point: Diebold --> hacking democracy.
Yet, they STILL use them...

EastWindRain
07-14-2007, 02:28 PM
arghhhh....

Okay. I WILL push this thru MY meetup group email..

BUT, we need to get this info THRU ALL MEETUPS. I have asked this before, with no answer, is there a central meetup information cyphon?

This is important. Those machines CAN and WILL be rigged in SECRET!!!!

This is completely lame. You are right. The importance of this is HUGE!!!!!

that video showing the hacking of the machines is on point: Diebold --> hacking democracy.
Yet, they STILL use them...

Why don't you create one? :)

The person in charge of it has to be a good trusted guy. Just imagine if an enemy of Ron Paul was in charge of it. They would steer us all in the wrong direction, dividing and conquering all the way.

smtwngrl
07-14-2007, 02:32 PM
The Diebold machine was tested out by Leon County, Florida officials in 2005 to see if the votes could be changed. I remember reading about it at the time. After they found out how easy it was to do that, they got rid of their Diebold.

Here is an article that tells about it. I haven't found the original article, written by one of the persons in the group who did the testing. They were shocked at the results.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/12/13/193030/32

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-14-2007, 02:38 PM
"It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes,"-Joseph Stalin

These electronic voting machines are NOT to be trusted.

A year or two ago Here in Columbus, OH we had voting machines in a certain precinct had more votes than VOTERS!!!

I think the electronic voting machines are a total scam, and need to be throughly investigated by the people of the United States.

Lord Xar
07-14-2007, 02:40 PM
well, the movie I saw... they did prove it was easy to manipulate and then some republican bunkin ordered 22milllion dollars worth of the machines.. EVEN AFTER..

so, I don't know what the frig is going on...

EastWindRain
07-14-2007, 02:49 PM
well, the movie I saw... they did prove it was easy to manipulate and then some republican bunkin ordered 22milllion dollars worth of the machines.. EVEN AFTER..

so, I don't know what the frig is going on...

What is going on that The U.S. is a captured nation. The evil forces that control it are determined to destroy it. One of their latest weapons are "Electronic Voting Machines". They anticipated the rise of a Dr. Ron Paul type years ago, and took the necessary precautions. If they get their way, a true Patriot like Ron Paul will never get elected for THEY count the votes! We need a massive protest against the use of Electronic Voting Machines. Somebody here should create a YouTube video, educating the public as to the EXTREME DANGERS of this new scam knows as "Electronic Voting Machines". Most of us have "Windows Movie Maker" on our computers. We should all learn to use it. Simply go to Start>Run> type in "Moviemk" and "Windows Movie Maker" will open up for you. Then upload your video to YouTube. (I am currently learning how to do this.)

PatriotOne
07-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Do we have more details like "who" is doing the counting in private and "why" they insist on doing the counting in private and whether reps from each candidate will be allowed to be present, etc?

PatriotOne
07-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Where is all the information coming from? Is someone in particular calling them and asking the questions? Can we get these statements in writing from whoever is saying them from the straw poll?

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Alright, The electronic voting "glitch" that happened here in Columbus, OH was during the Bush-Kerry election in 2004.

Here is an article ran by Fox News that further elaborates on what happened, and why I DO NOT TRUST ELECTRONIC VOTING MACHINES!

Officials: Ohio Glitch Gave Bush Extra Votes

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137790,00.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio — An error with an electronic voting system gave President Bush (search) 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections officials said.

Franklin County's unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to Democrat John Kerry's (search) 260 votes in a precinct in Gahanna. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct. Bush's total should have been recorded as 365.

Bush won the state by more than 136,000 votes, according to unofficial results, and Kerry conceded the election on Wednesday after saying that 155,000 provisional ballots yet to be counted in Ohio would not change the result.

Deducting the erroneous Bush votes from his total could not change the election's outcome, and there were no signs of other errors in Ohio's electronic machines, said Carlo LoParo, spokesman for Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell

Franklin is the only Ohio county to use Danaher Controls Inc.'s ELECTronic 1242 (search), an older-style touch-screen voting system. Danaher did not immediately return a message for comment.

Sean Greene, research director with the nonpartisan Election Reform Information Project, said that while the glitch appeared minor "that could change if more of these stories start coming out."

In one North Carolina county, more than 4,500 votes were lost in Tuesday's election because officials mistakenly believed a computer that stored ballots electronically could hold more data than it did.

And in San Francisco, a voting software malfunction could delay efforts to declare the winners of four county supervisor races.

In the Gahanna precinct, multiple copies of each ballot were recorded: two on the machine and three to a removable cartridge, said Matthew Damschroder, director of the Franklin County Board of Elections. When voting ends, each cartridge is taken to one of five zones in the county, where the results were loaded into a laptop. Those results were transferred by secure data lines to the county.

Damschroder said the malfunction occurred when one machine's cartridge was plugged into a laptop computer and generated faulty numbers in several races. He could not explain how the malfunction occurred. He had, however, ruled out a problem with software at the central vote collection office, as well as tampering.

"We tested if there was some possibility of human intervention and it was not possible," Damschroder said.

Kimball Brace, president of the consulting firm Election Data Services, said it's possible the fault lies with the software that tallies the votes from individual cartridges rather than the machines or the cartridges themselves.

Either way, he said, such tallying software ought to have a way to ensure that the totals don't exceed the number of voters.

Damschroder said people who had seen poll results on the election board's Web site called to point out the discrepancy. The error would have been discovered when the official count for the election is performed later this month, he said.

The reader also recorded zero votes in a county commissioner race on the machine.

Other electronic machines used in Ohio do not use the type of computer cartridge involved in the error, state officials say.

But in Perry County, a punch-card system reported about 75 more votes than there are voters in one precinct. Workers tried to cancel the count when the tabulator broke down midway through, but the machine instead double-counted an unknown number in the first batch. The mistake will be corrected, officials say.

Meanwhile, in San Francisco, a glitch occurred with software designed by Election Systems & Software Inc. for the city's new "ranked-choice voting," in which voters list their top three choices for municipal offices. If no candidate gets a majority of first-place votes, voters' second and third-place preferences are then distributed among candidates who weren't eliminated in the first round.

When the San Francisco Department of Elections tried a test run Wednesday, some of the votes didn't get counted. The problem was attributed to a programming glitch that limited how much data could be accepted, a threshold that did not account for high voter turnout.

In New York, voting machine problems surfaced in a contested state Senate race. Elections officials disclosed in court that seals were missing or broken on 22 impounded voting machines.

Lawyers for both Republican and Democratic candidates said when a recount begins Monday, the machines' tally will be compared to written records logged Tuesday night. Differences could indicate tampering, they said, and the judge would have to decide how to count the vote.

The unofficial count has incumbent Republican Sen. Nicholas Spano ahead by 1,674 votes over Democrat Andrea Stewart-Cousins.

Slugg
07-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah, well, perhaps that will be one of the ripples of the Ron Paul campaign. He is already changing the debate, changing the Republican rhetoric and causing people to mobilize. That alone is huge! Then, if he doesn't get the voter turnout we are expecting, then we can call spades! Too bad we're already labeled as a bunch of wackos.
Dear God do we need a solid celebrity endorsement!!!!

buffalokid777
07-14-2007, 02:58 PM
How To Hack A Diebold Voting Machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamR4y_ykA0

I's really not that hard...can be done with just 1 person left alone with a machine for a minute or two....

Voting machines are the ENEMY of FREE Elections.

We need to put an end to them.

Lord Xar
07-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Can someone post in the comments of his MYSPACE and/or FACEBOOK.
I don't have a facebook and whenever I tried to contact his myspace, they never post my comments....

PatriotOne
07-14-2007, 03:03 PM
How To Hack A Diebold Voting Machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamR4y_ykA0

I's really not that hard...can be done with just 1 person left alone with a machine for a minute or two....

Voting machines are the ENEMY of FREE Elections.

We need to put an end to them.

I certaily agree they need to be banished but I still would like to know who cofirmed this information as to Diebold was going to be used and they were counting the votes in private.

WHO is saying this from the straw poll?

dseisner
07-14-2007, 03:09 PM
I really enjoyed your post and I'm right with you about the electronic voting machines. We need to get to the ULTIMATE decision makers early and consistently. We lose this if we don't get paper balloting. They are the same battle.

buffalokid777
07-14-2007, 03:11 PM
I certaily agree they need to be banished but I still would like to know who cofirmed this information as to Diebold was going to be used and they were counting the votes in private.

WHO is saying this from the straw poll?

They just say electronic voting machines will be used...they do not confirm they are Diebold...just electronic...Desmoines Register confrims it in several different articles...her's one of em

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070625/NEWS/70625033/1001

buffalokid777
07-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Here's an additional article I saw on Google News Wire that set me out to find what kind of electronic voting machines would be used

http://www.freeliberal.com/blog/archives/002858.php

I still have not been able to find exactly what brand of electronic machines will be used....

Johnnybags
07-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I wonder if RON could just ask them to keep his name off the computers and use paper ballots with the 35 dollar eligibility cards clipped to a hand written vote? Would certainly make some noise for the press, then count em up and hand em in to the counters. Anyone that wants secrecy obviously has something to hide?

FSP-Rebel
07-14-2007, 04:17 PM
The supervisors over at Diebold should be thrown in jail and left there to rot. I say that if these machines are used at the poll, people should just take baseball bats to them. Then they'll have to use paper ballots. Problem solved...

Johnnybags
07-14-2007, 04:23 PM
How about some super glue? Seriously though, is it that dire to the Repubs to count in secret? I do not think Ron will win the poll anyway but he surely will be in the top 3. They probably want to report 2-3% or less. We know the other two skipped because they have no shot.

AZJV
07-14-2007, 05:43 PM
For an eye opening look at electronic voting fraud you must watch this HBO documentary.

"Hacking Democracy"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-365586126885215066&q=hacking+democracy&total=67&start=0&num=30&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

This is PROOF POSITIVE that voting machines are being used to steal elections.
You won't ever feel comfortable about the voting process again.

Folks, we don not live in a free democracy. We must take our country back.

Go RON Paul Go!!! God Bless you

buffalokid777
07-14-2007, 05:53 PM
I say that if these machines are used at the poll, people should just take baseball bats to them. Then they'll have to use paper ballots. Problem solved...

This idea is a bit extreme...but if anyone actually considers doing it.

Make sure to wear you're Rudy Giuliani or Fred Thompson for president 2008 shirt when you do it :)

Joking :D

BrazilLuLa
07-14-2007, 06:17 PM
There is no way that we are still using DIEBOLD machines in 2008. It simply can not be true.

Somebody needs to take a stand, and NOW!

Roxi
07-14-2007, 08:58 PM

This is the email i got from HQ:

Dear Friend and Supporter of Dr. Ron Paul,

I would like to thank everyone for their interest and support of our Iowa campaign.
Some of our volunteer supporters have expressed concern about ensuring the accuracy of the vote count at the upcoming Ames Straw Poll on August 11th.
This is an issue we are taking seriously, both in Iowa, as well as other states around the country. We are currently communicating with the Republican Party of Iowa, the sponsor of the Straw Poll, to ensure that we are informed as to how the vote will be conducted.

*In their own words,* this is what they say the process will be:

"Iowa Straw Poll
August 11, 2007

*Voting Process*

When a voter enters a credentialing area they will be asked to show a valid Iowa Driver's License, Military ID or student ID from an Iowa College or University. ID's will be scanned in order to prevent someone from voting with that same ID at another voting location. Those attendees with Military ID, student ID, or those who's driver's license does not scan will be required to re-register to vote before receiving their ballot.

After the credentialing, the voter will receive one ballot, and their thumb will be dipped in indelible ink to prevent someone from voting again at another location.

They will then take their ballot and vote for no more than one candidate.

After blackening the oval next to their preferred candidate, they will then feed the ballot into a Diebold Optical Scan Machine.

Volunteers from the Story County Auditor's office and other Auditor offices from around the state will be staffing these machines.

The State and Story County Auditor along with their staff will handle moving the ballots, and vote counters from the voting locations to the tabulation room.

During tabulation each campaign will be allowed two representatives to be present in the tabulation room.

The State Auditor will report the results on the stage inside of Hilton Coliseum at or around 7 p.m. CST.

Following the Straw Poll there will be an audit of the election results.

*Credentialing and Voting Rules*

Balloting begins when doors open at 10:00 am and continues until 6:00 pm when the voting areas are shut down. Votes will be tallied by the State Auditor's Office and results will be announced by emcee.

The poll will be conducted on a one vote per person basis.

Participants of the straw poll shall be Iowa residents who will be 18 years of age on or before November 4, 2008. Only participants who present photo identification of the following type will be allowed to vote: valid Iowa Driver's License, Military ID or student ID from an Iowa College/University. ID's will be checked at voting areas. Those attendees with Military ID or student ID will be required to re-register to vote before receiving their ballot.

All result information obtained from the straw poll will be made available to the media and to the campaign committees.

Voting machines will be used. The voting machines will be provided by the Story County Auditor. Voting machines will be positioned on the concourse level of Hilton Coliseum, Scheman Building, and CY Stephens auditorium.

Each campaign is responsible for providing 2 representatives to be present for tallying votes.

Campaigns must provide names of representatives by July 31, 2007.

The State Auditor's Office will oversee the voting/tallying process.

Candidates will be listed on the voting ballot in randomized order according to last name.

The Republican State Central Committee will determine the minimum requirements for invitation to the Straw Poll.

A voting demonstration will take place on Friday, August 10th at 3:00 p.m. The site will be determined the week of the event."

Working to ensure that the vote count is accurate, will be an ongoing process for both the Iowa Campaign and the National Campaign, from now through the election itself.

Thank you for your work for Dr. Paul.

Joe Seehusen
Iowa State Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

PatriotOne
07-14-2007, 09:28 PM
This is the email i got from HQ:

Thanks Roxic. Does anyone more familiar with the process see a problem since there will be representatives from the campaigns to be able to watch the process and paper ballots for double checking?

Am I missing something significant? Seems the campaign will need eyes on every machine available to make sure there is no funny business at the individual machines or ballots "misplaced".

I understand that Diebold need to be banned all together but do the extra precautions help at all for the Iowa Straw poll?

wecandoit
07-14-2007, 09:31 PM
doomed

wecandoit
07-14-2007, 09:34 PM
represenatives will not be able to crawl into those machines and see if they have been programmed to flip votes. It won't matter if we have 100 representatives there, it's how the machine is programmed, and from what I've understood about it, that is propreitary information that no one is allowed to see without breaking the law.

crap

LibertyOfOne
07-14-2007, 09:35 PM
If it's optical scan then that means that the ballots can be recounted by hand if need be.

wecandoit
07-14-2007, 09:45 PM
If it's optical scan then that means that the ballots can be recounted by hand if need be.

after a deep breath, that does seem logical that whatever is being scanned can also be counted, unlike a touch screen.

Next question, who decides if and when they get counted by hand?

I think we need to push to get these diebolds out of there, and if that fails, push like crazy for them to count everything that is scanned just like it was going to be the only record of a paper ballot and don't wait until after a computer tally is announced
that we don't trust.

kimosabi
07-14-2007, 09:49 PM

They should be counted by hand afterwards anyway.

No-one and nothing leaves until the ballots are counted by hand and everything is video taped...

GreyBlood
07-14-2007, 10:01 PM
couldn't of they of used these machines to have Paul lose at re-election for his district? Does that district use machines?

kimosabi
07-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Ok, I've become ultra paranoid about all this stuff, but the paper and pens should also be analyzed.

It is quite possible they could doctor the votes using special ink and paper that gets manipulated by the light of the scanner.

You might think I'm crazy, but after all the other stuff I've found out, nothing is impossible.

Lord Xar
07-14-2007, 10:09 PM
I hate to be a downer, but this is really REALLY NOT GOOD if they are using those Diebold machines. I am thinking this is it... It DOES NOT MATTER if you have armed security there... the "hack" is on the memory cards.. not the machine themselves.. so, when they remove the memory cards - you can't put "guards" INSIDE THE ALREADY compromised memory cards.

BTW, let me retract.... There are SERIOUS vulnerabilities IN the software itself and someone would ONLY need about 30 seconds or less alone or in cahoots with someone to modify things.

I am DEEPLY troubled by this. IF RON PAUL and/or his staff DO NOT RAISE A STINK now about this, its certainly curtains... If people wait too long to voice opposition, they will say "we didn't have enough time to install an alternative"

buffalokid777
07-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Since people have to fill out an optical scan card, every person who fills out an optical scan card should have to place it in a ballot box after it has been scanned. That way there will be a paper trail in addition to the electronic results.

This could nix false results by the voting machines by having a paper trail.

Oregon 4 RP
07-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Regarding e-mail on voting with machines in Iowa straw vote:

"After blackening the oval next to their preferred candidate, they will then feed the ballot into a Diebold Optical Scan Machine.

Volunteers from the Story County Auditor's office and other Auditor offices from around the state will be staffing these machines."

:cool: Big deal! It's what is happening within the machine that counts.

"The State and Story County Auditor along with their staff will handle moving the ballots, and vote counters from the voting locations to the tabulation room.:rolleyes:"

And exactly what happens to those paper ballots? Is it possible for the Ron Paul campaign and a group of volunteers to have access to those ballots along with an "official" to monitor a hand count. Perhaps volunteers from other campaigns might want to be included also, but I doubt it because their votes are counted "in the black box" Can the campaign insist on seeing those marked paper ballots? Why not? Does someone have something to hide?

"During tabulation each campaign will be allowed two representatives to be present in the tabulation room."

Again....:cool: Big deal. It is WHAT is being spit out of that box that matters.
How can they guarantee that the numbers coming out actually represent the filled in ovals? There's the rub.

"The State Auditor will report the results on the stage inside of Hilton Coliseum at or around 7 p.m. CST."

Oh...the State Auditor...now that's impressive :D

"Following the Straw Poll there will be an audit of he election results."

By whom? Will the paper ballots be matched with the output of the black box?
If so, why not just count the paper ballots by hand in the first place?

All those calls to Iowa Republicans are so much wasted effort, time and energy if the straw vote is to be counted within the black box. What a shame. :( :( :(

It is absolutely essential that the campaign design some way of assuring an honest vote count. Dishonest vote counting will plague the campaign throughout.

Face it now, do it now.....Cut the legs off this dishonest voting scam using black boxes.....Insist on a monitored hand count of the paper ballots that have been marked and fed into the inscrutable :mad: machine.

Oregon 4 RP
07-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Since people have to fill out an optical scan card, every person who fills out an optical scan card should have to place it in a ballot box after it has been scanned. That way there will be a paper trail in addition to the electronic results.

This could nix false results by the voting machines by having a paper trail.

The Ron Paul campaign must insist on this......

buffalokid777
07-14-2007, 10:40 PM

I agree 1000%...that way an audit can tell if the machines lied...they can't let the optical scan cards be discarded....they need to be saved for an audit so we have TRUE results that are not manipulated....

If you have to fill out an optical scan card...those cards should be saved in case an audit is needed!

AlexAmore
07-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I would donate money to a mixed political group to recount any paper trail left behind (if any exists).

Honestly, the idea of having a machine count votes to save time is so stupid when you think of what is ultimately on the line (The entire world's welfare, considering America's power).

batman00
07-14-2007, 11:15 PM
What the hell are we waiting for?

batman00
07-14-2007, 11:17 PM

Well what the hell are we waiting for then? Let's inform the campaign or something. We have less that a month, so lets go lets go!!!

DaninPA
07-15-2007, 04:07 PM
I haven't read this entire thread, nor have I perused the entire site I'm linking to, but check out http://www.votefraud.org/

John of Des Moines
07-15-2007, 05:48 PM
The way the votes will be counted (and no Chicago-style voting, vote early and often; they're using a finger inking system and id checks) after the voter fills in the ballot it is run through the counting machine. After the polling stops they add up the totals and announce the winner. However there will be a hand count of the paper ballots to double check. Each campaign will be allowed two representatives to view the entire process. After learning of the process I am not concerned of the honesty of the vote count provided the process is followed and watched.

Avalon
07-15-2007, 06:30 PM
The way the votes will be counted (and no Chicago-style voting, vote early and often; they're using a finger inking system and id checks) after the voter fills in the ballot it is run through the counting machine. After the polling stops they add up the totals and announce the winner. However there will be a hand count of the paper ballots to double check. Each campaign will be allowed two representatives to view the entire process. After learning of the process I am not concerned of the honesty of the vote count provided the process is followed and watched.

A *full* handcount? Often only a sample is audited if the sample is within the MoE. And are representatives able to inspect the machines are empty beforehand? Are they able to oversee anyone working on the machines or movement of the ballots? Is the ballot count compared to a headcount (so someone can't have extra ballots stuffed in their pants that they force into the machine)? Can representives affirm the head count?

John of Des Moines
07-15-2007, 06:52 PM
A *full* handcount? Often only a sample is audited if the sample is within the MoE. And are representatives able to inspect the machines are empty beforehand? Are they able to oversee anyone working on the machines or movement of the ballots? Is the ballot count compared to a headcount (so someone can't have extra ballots stuffed in their pants that they force into the machine)? Can representives affirm the head count?

The way it has been explained to me it is a full hand count with each candidates' ballots being placed in separate piles and hand counted.

Avalon
07-15-2007, 07:01 PM
The way it has been explained to me it is a full hand count with each candidates' ballots being placed in separate piles and hand counted.

That's good, could you look into these last loose ends then?

John of Des Moines
07-15-2007, 07:07 PM
That's good, could you look into these last loose ends then?

I'll make sure somebody sticks he or her head in the ballot boxes before they're used.

ecliptic
07-15-2007, 07:20 PM

So.... millions of dollars of taxpayer's money was spent on machines... and we have no faith whatsoever in those machines... and so a complete hand count will be done.... making the machines completely irrelevant.

Perhaps no funny business will occur and that fact will be used to both discredit the Ron Paulians for "conspiracy paranoia" while at the same time allowing them to say "see - they work perfectly" and then use them to rig the election that really matters...

Nothing short of complete elimination of electronic vote counting of any kind is acceptable. Repeal H.A.V.A. NOW!!!!!

EastWindRain
07-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Paper ballots only! There is no need for compromisable Electronic voting machines period. Spread the word to get them the hell out of there as the clock it ticking.

CurtisLow
07-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Very important thread!

EastWindRain
07-16-2007, 09:20 PM
These two videos were great. Thank you guys for listing them. Electronic Voting Machines are a complete outrage! :mad:

1. How To Hack A Diebold Voting Machine Duration 9 minutes 28 secs.
YouTube - How to Hack a Voting Machine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamR4y_ykA0)

For an eye opening look at electronic voting fraud you must watch this HBO documentary.
2. Hacking Democracy Duration 82 minutes.
Hacking Democracy.avi (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-365586126885215066&q=hacking+democracy&total=67&start=0&num=30&so=0&type=search&plindex=1)

(This site if possible, should consider "Embedding" YouTube and Google Videos etc. so that the user doesn't have to leave this site to view the video information. It would be great to have a software upgrade performed, so that we could watch the videos right here.)

CurtisLow
07-16-2007, 10:57 PM
I had this link in my bookmarks

Hacking A Dieblold Voting Machine's Memory Card

http://www.livevideo.com/video/56A9F628EE3E45DF901B9F4944D9B314/hacking-a-dieblold-voting-mach.aspx

kimosabi
07-20-2007, 08:35 AM
9. It is not too early to begin organizing committees to monitor the election to catch and expose tampering through electronic vote machines and ballot scanners. If we cannot get our local election comissions to use paper ballots that can be hand counted, then exit polls may be our only recourse. For more information and guidance on this vital process, contact Vicky Karp who heads up The coalition for Visible Ballots. She can be reached at karp@mail.com. (karp@mail.com.)

Source ==> http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/freedomcontent.cfm?fuseaction=Campaign