PDA

View Full Version : DR. Paul leading among libertarians

shrugged0106
07-14-2007, 01:07 PM
LibertarianLists.com Survey Finds Ron Paul is Leading Candidate Among Libertarian Voters

A recent Cato Institute analysis indicated that libertarians constitute a significant portion of the swing vote - even larger than the fabled 'soccer moms' and 'NASCAR dads' and about the same size as Christian Conservatives. A new survey by LibertarianLists.com has taken a look at the libertarian vote with respect to the 2008 presidential elections. Of these voters, Ron Paul is clearly the leading candidate and here's the data.

Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 14, 2007 -- A recent Cato Institute analysis indicated that libertarians constitute a significant portion of the swing vote -- even larger than the fabled 'soccer moms' and 'NASCAR dads' and about the same size as Christian Conservatives. A new survey by LibertarianLists.com has taken a look at the libertarian vote with respect to the 2008 presidential elections.

Of the 1,995 survey respondents, 69.62% percent indicated a preference for Republican Party candidate Ron Paul. Congressman Paul (R-TX) has 92.68% name recognition with the survey participants. 71.33% feel very positively about the candidate and 15.19% feel somewhat positively about him. 2.96% are neutral. 2.01% feel somewhat negatively about Paul and only 1.20% feel very negatively about the candidate.

Paul has the support of 53.98% of the Republicans who participated in the survey, along with 72.24% of Libertarian Party members and 70.59% of independents. He received 27.08% support from the Democrats and Greens responding to the survey.

"Ron Paul is the hottest thing on the Internet for a very good reason: He is connecting with the general public and the typical American voter," said LibertarianLists founder Stephen Gordon. "If you give the Republican and Democrat machines the chance to win, one of them certainly will. However, if you give common-sense Americans a chance to rise above the political machines, Dr. Paul will clearly dominate."

The baseline survey results are located at http://www.libertarianlists.com/surveyresult1

Some preliminary cross-tabulation analyses are provided at:

http://www.freeliberal.com/blog/archives/002859.php

http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/07/12/ron-paul-the-big-winner-in-the-libertarian-survey/

http://www.lastfreevoice.com/2007/07/12/survey-to-determine-libertarian-perspective-on-the-2008-presidential-elections/

The survey was conducted online with e-mail addresses used as the primary controlling mechanism. The survey was conducted between July 2 and July 10, 2008. There were 1,995 survey participants from across the United States. The margin of error is +/-2.19% at a 95% confidence level. The data are taken from online respondents only and have not been weighted.

###

shrugged0106
07-14-2007, 02:36 PM
bump...no comments? I thought this was big coming from Cato

DeadheadForPaul
07-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm glad to hear that the majority of LPers are backing us

I was a member of the LP for a few years but have decided to work within the GOP to create change - as Dr. Paul has done. I figured that a lot of the early supporters would be LP members and luckily it has expanded WELL beyond that to the general population!

There were some LPers and small "l" libertarians at my meetup. It's good to see that we have a diverse group of moderates, independents, republicans, democrats, libertarians, greens, etc. backing the Paul campaign

LibertyOfOne
07-14-2007, 03:06 PM
How can they be Libertarians and not know who Steve Kubby is? Nor any of the Libertarian candidates running for the primary.

[George Phillies]
I'm unfamiliar with this candidate (1) 1348 67.57%
[Steve Kubby]
I'm unfamiliar with this candidate (1) 1186 59.45%

shrugged0106
07-14-2007, 03:25 PM
How can they be Libertarians and not know who Steve Kubby is? Nor any of the Libertarian candidates running for the primary.

[George Phillies]
I'm unfamiliar with this candidate (1) 1348 67.57%
[Steve Kubby]
I'm unfamiliar with this candidate (1) 1186 59.45%

I believe they polled othes as well, just all libertarian leaning candidates. (small l)

I'm very libertarian and I have no clue who Kubby is either, actually.

torchbearer
07-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Steve Kubby won't campaign in any state that doesn't allow him to bring his "marijuana pills". He's a great guy, and shows the positive use of cannibis in medicine. read his story, its shows cannabis works, but unfortunately, its hard to support a candidate that can't/or won't come to all the states.
Phillies is a bore. Very smart.. but extremely dull.

I met Phillies, and only briefly talked to Kubby. If they don't come to conventions in each state, the libertarians won't know about them for the same reason most people don't know ron paul.
media black out.