PDA

View Full Version : News: Paul is better organized than Huckabee

freedom-maniac
01-02-2008, 09:24 AM
From: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2008/01/ron_paul_and_mike_huckabee_on.html

DES MOINES – It's a tale of two HQs.

In one corner – literally, the corner of 6th and Locust streets – you have the downtown headquarters of Gov. Mike Huckabee, the Republican frontrunner who leads here in Iowa, according to nearly every recent poll. Next door, you have the HQ of Rep. Ron Paul, who lags in those same polls, usually in 4th or 5th place.

Based on those rankings, you might guess that Huckabee's main Iowa office space and Des Moines presence would dwarf that of Paul's, but you'd be wrong. In fact, it's Paul's place that continues to grow and spread, looking for more space and larger areas to accommodate the waves of volunteers that arrive daily.

Huckabee's operation, in contrast, works out of an area a fourth the size of Paul's, with only a fraction of people as well. Also, while Paul's camp has a 15-person phone bank operating 12 hours a day, Huckabee's office has trouble even answering their phones. On more than one occasion recently this reporter has called Huckabee HQ only to find the telephone line -- the main line that a prospective voter or volunteer could call -- picked up by voicemail or not answered at all.

So what does it all mean?

It all goes to organization and ground game, which Huckabee has struggled with for months, while Paul seems to be build a bit each and everyday.

Does it mean that Paul can beat Huckabee?

Probably not, if you believe the polls, but walking down 6th Street surely gives one pause.

Is it just me or is this a sign Ron Paul may do better than expected?

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-02-2008, 09:43 AM
awesome post.. t hanks for sharing... pieces like this are little bits of political amazingness haha

Joe3113
01-02-2008, 09:51 AM
It's difficult to have an organized grassroots if your only supporter is the MSM as opposed to actual human beings

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Nice article, a nice pick me up for the nervousness I was feeling.

inibo
01-02-2008, 11:26 AM
What? Only 12 hrs per day? Get to work you slakers :D

freedom-maniac
01-02-2008, 11:41 AM
It made me laugh when I first read it. Poor, poor, Huckabee.

RonPaulFTFW
01-02-2008, 11:47 AM
he's catching on i'm telling you.

DealzOnWheelz
01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Looks like he's gonna need some more HuckaBots soon

Coola
01-02-2008, 12:02 PM
simply tragicabee

thoughtbombing
01-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Amazing... AMAZING!

RonPaulFTFW
01-02-2008, 01:06 PM
:D

nist7
01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
All these "realistic" posts about RP finishing 3rd at best, and 4th or even 5th are probably due to the Old Media Effect.....after seeing RP polling next to last in the state and national polls it's hard to imagine how RP could do much better at the real thing.

I read another article comparing the campaign of Romney and Huck in Iowa. And after seeing this one, here is how the 3 stack up:

Romney: Standard GOP Message, HUGE Organization
Huckabee: Better GOP Message, ZERO Organization
Paul: Polarizing GOP Message, HUGE Organization

They were saying that Romney is counting on his ability to hire gazillions of people to get out the vote, while Huck is relying on his message and faith that the voters would go caucus for him. Ron Paul, on the other hand, has both....a strong message and a large organization.

I'm thinking 2nd place might be a realistic goal here.....

freedom-maniac
01-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Great logic nist7!

BIG_J
01-02-2008, 01:20 PM
True; if Paul gets second that is amazing. Also, if Paul gets second, the Huckster is completely done. I mean Well, well done.

freedom-maniac
01-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Unless Huckster gets first, and that means Romney's in trouble, though not done. He's still got lots of money for later states. Huck needs one of the top two spots to proove viability, whereas Ron Paul only needs one in the top three or four.

RonPaulFTFW
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
i just cant wait for tomorrow and all the doubters will know and we can move on and win.

statesman
01-02-2008, 02:02 PM
PIC OR BAN!... lol.

I want to see

freedom-maniac
01-02-2008, 02:07 PM
This will be harder than waiting for Christmas...hmm...why didn't they just hold the primaries on Dec. 25 and kill two birds with one stone?...all Huck's people would be in church, so R.P. would be guaranteed a win!