PDA

View Full Version : Huck - "3,000 supporters at event"

slacker921
01-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Huck was on Good Morning America this AM and touted a gathering yesterday that had 3,000 of his supporters (How many were Paul supporters? How many did he bus in?). Two things came to mind that could top it.. .

- 3,000 Ron Paul supporters show up at one of his events (you know the cameras will be there anyway.. if they won't come to you then go to them). If it's just 40-50 Ron Paul supporters then it's easy to point to them and say they're the "fringe minority of that long shot candidate".
- 4,000 Ron Paul supporters show up at a Ron Paul event, count them, and put it on YouTube (since apparently the media won't show up at a Ron Paul event).
- xx,000 show up in NH to peacefully protest FOX

idiom
01-02-2008, 07:23 AM
We will always have Philly :)

speciallyblend
01-02-2008, 07:38 AM
can someone confirm this 3000? or was it a bunch of christians forced to go to a assembly???

JenHarris
01-02-2008, 07:40 AM
I don't believe a thing Huck says...he should be required to submit proof before the reporters put him on TV :)

Scott Wilson
01-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Huckabee presently does have a lot of support and thus it does not surprise me he can get 3000 to an event.

Many Christians love his openess about his faith. Unfortunately most people do not look in depth at their candidates but easily buy into rhetoric.

If we think that we can win this with internet polls, youtube and massive donations alone we are kidding ourselves. We have to approach and talk to many people. ie. canvassing door to door etc.

idiom
01-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Obama can get 30,000. Nuff said.

robert4rp08
01-02-2008, 07:54 AM
I still don't understand how people still support Huck. Are people really that dumb, naive, and gullible? :(

Kingfisher
01-02-2008, 08:15 AM
I still don't understand how people still support Huck. Are people really that dumb, naive, and gullible? :(

YES!!

manny
01-02-2008, 09:22 AM

I don't think people are stupid - but they don't spend hours researching candidates like many here would do.

Why do people support Huck?
1) He's Christian
2) He claims he's a real conservative (see taxhikemike.com on that one)
3) He seems upbeat and does joke around well :rolleyes:
4) People think he's an anti-establishment guy :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So you'll see that actually much of what people think they are supporting by supporting Huck (after hearing the soundbites from Fox) is actually more like Ron Paul.

Huck loves to tax and spend, wants government to control every aspect of our lives - banning smoking?!?:mad: and released many violent criminals.

What does all this mean? All good news - it means there are real republicans out there. They saw through Romney, Rudy, McCain, Fred but then the media pushed Huck onto them. Well it's our job to enlighten them. Not to argue or get nasty, just to provide the info on RP.

So much of Huck's support is verrrryyy soft. They're ours for the taking as long as we're nice, polite and just provide the facts.

GoneResistance
01-02-2008, 09:25 AM
I find it very difficult to believe 3,000 people showed up anywhere just to see Mike Huckabee.

kushaze
01-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Chuck Norris was there. I heard on Morning Joe that some of the people were just there to see the spectacle and Chuck Norris.

UCFGavin
01-02-2008, 09:28 AM
any evidence of this?

GoneResistance
01-02-2008, 09:28 AM
The article I found says, "nearly 2,000" not the 3,000 Huckster claimed.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/national/stories/DN-campaignjournal_02.ART.State.Edition1.13680.html

azminuteman
01-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Obama can get 30,000. Nuff said.

Oprah can get 30,000.
Obama can get 5,000 easy and that's scary.

JPFromTally
01-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Here's the difference between a Huck and Paul supporter:

A Paul supporter will forward a youtube of a Paul speech and write, "Wow! Someone who is courageous enough to speak out against the war and the establishment - and is a Constitutionalist!"

A Huck supporter will forward a youtube of a Huck speech and write, "Wow! Someone who is courageous enough to speak out in favor of Christianity!"

Now, I'm a Christian but I have noticed that most Huck supporters aren't real big on the Constitution, small government, etc... Most of them buy into the whole Bush as an "evangelical President" storyline...

Santana28
01-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Huckabee presently does have a lot of support and thus it does not surprise me he can get 3000 to an event.

Many Christians love his openess about his faith. Unfortunately most people do not look in depth at their candidates but easily buy into rhetoric.

If we think that we can win this with internet polls, youtube and massive donations alone we are kidding ourselves. We have to approach and talk to many people. ie. canvassing door to door etc.

well... he couldnt even get 3000 at the straw poll in august i think it was... i'm not so sure i would believe he could get this without busing people in like romney did.

rajibo
01-02-2008, 09:57 AM
If it were Paul we'd demand a youtube, so...

Youtube?