PDA

View Full Version : Politcal attire is PROHIBITED from polls/caucuses! DON'T REBEL.

jrich4rpaul
01-02-2008, 05:55 AM
If you ask many people here who know the rules of the polling places, signwaving and political clothing are NOT ALLOWED within so many feet of polling places.

This is NOT a time to rebel against the rules in the name of the first amendment. If you do it, you will not be allowed to vote and that is the most precious thing we need right now.

xexkxex
01-02-2008, 06:00 AM
I have always asked my friends and family to dress and act as if you were going to a job interview or church for example.

.....very good advice. ;)

Edit- What kind of jackass would rate this thread down to one star..pffft..5 stars from me.

jrich4rpaul
01-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Edit- What kind of jackass would rate this thread down to one star..pffft..5 stars from me.

Someone saying "Don't tell me what to do, I'm wearing a Ron Paul shirt to the polls cuz I do what I want!"

Have fun not voting

FreedomProsperityPeace
Good advice. Don't rock the boat on that night.

grfgerger
this is the real deal guys, every vote counts

just follow the rules and get our man the win

xexkxex
01-02-2008, 06:07 AM
Someone saying "Don't tell me what to do, I'm wearing a Ron Paul shirt to the polls cuz I do what I want!"

Have fun getting kicked out of the polls, arguing with security, making Ron Paul look bad, and losing us votes.

It's as if people have forgotten about what happened at the Straw poll in California that was shut down.

There is no reason to dress up and wave signs...just go vote and wait so you can elect delegates. You need to be dressed appropriately for that too.

This is common sense. ;)

jrich4rpaul
01-02-2008, 06:10 AM
There is no reason to dress up and wave signs...just go vote and wait so you can elect delegates. You need to be dressed appropriately for that too.

Sign waving is great at the polls, as long as it's at the proper distance.

xexkxex
01-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Sign waving is great at the polls, as long as it's at the proper distance.

You are correct :) I should have been a little more clear. In fact you can pass out literature at designated areas as well.

I was referring to the straw poll where large signs where brought in the building.

That sort of thing is unnecessary. ;)

Joe3113
01-02-2008, 06:15 AM
If you ask many people here who know the rules of the polling places, signwaving and political clothing are NOT ALLOWED within so many feet of polling places.

This is NOT a time to rebel against the rules in the name of the first amendment. If you do it, you will not be allowed to vote and that is the most precious thing we need right now.

Isn't this a violation of the 1st amendment?

xexkxex
01-02-2008, 06:21 AM

Not sure in this case ....but try telling that to the cops after get drug away and tasered. :(

...my advice...just follow the rules and get that vote in. ;)

shasshas
01-02-2008, 06:23 AM
whats the problem with wearing what I want to the poll?

there's nothing to stop me going as a red white blue flower!!!!

xexkxex
01-02-2008, 06:25 AM

If you read the rules of your precinct polling location...

...you will see that no political messages are aloud within a certain distance.

Follow the rules and there are no worries....that's it....real simple.

Contact your local voting precinct for further details... ;)

jrich4rpaul
01-02-2008, 06:27 AM

there's no rules against that.

just send me pics :D

shasshas
01-02-2008, 06:33 AM
heh my boyfriend is going in a panda suit

TheDHC
01-02-2008, 06:58 AM
ill be wearing my ron paul 2008 shirt to the polls, under my sweater.

walt
01-02-2008, 07:47 AM

+ everything

rooteroa
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
wear a sweatshirt over your ron paul tshirt, then run out after voting, rip off your sweatshirt and shout "ROOOOOOOOOOON PAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUULLLL"

Sandra
01-02-2008, 08:33 AM
wear a sweatshirt over your ron paul tshirt, then run out after voting, rip off your sweatshirt and shout "ROOOOOOOOOOON PAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUULLLL"

:p:p:p:p:p

hopeforamerica
01-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm sign waving all day OVER THE FREEWAY! More cars will get a little subliminal advertising. I'll break to vote. I'm trying to get as many people as possible to do this and the others should be working at the polls. And I will put on a nice sweater over my Ron Paul shirt from the sign wave.

Cardinal Red
01-02-2008, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=xexkxex;778536]I have always asked my friends and family to dress and act as if you were going to a job interview or church for example.

.....very good advice. ;)
QUOTE]

Awesome advice-- It is particularly important for our supporters to look appropriate and serious given the "RP is a Kook" propaganda we have to encounter. We can definitely pull in undecideds at the caucus by projecting the right image.

jgmaynard
01-02-2008, 11:19 AM
It's a state-by-state issue. I work the polls twice a year in NH, and what is illegal is rallying withing 25' of the entrance to a polling place (the line will be marked, and if you go over it, you will be asked nicely to move to the other side), and LEAVING political material in polling booths. For instance, both times I voted for John Babiarz (L) for governor, I was wearing a Babiarz for governor shirt. That was fine to wear the shirt, you just can't leave it inside. BTW, this means that handing out material is a bad idea - I've tried it - if you hand it to people on their way in, they may leave the material in the booth, and you will be held responsible.
This is just my experience and knowledge I have gained about NH, and may not apply to other states or situations (matter of fact, from what I understand of caucuses, I'd go in a suit).

JM

tiznow
01-02-2008, 11:23 AM
caucuses are fair game you can wear anything you please promoting your candidate of choice

hawkeyenick
01-02-2008, 11:26 AM

This is only true if you are a government worker, I believe you cannot be within viewing distance (aka go around a corner or go far away if in plain sight)

In Iowa, you can wear anything you want

MusoSpuso
01-02-2008, 11:29 AM

Do you think they care? Do you think they'll say "oh sorry sir you are correct, here come inside and vote".

Get real people. This is not the time to play games. If you truly want Ron Paul elected you're going to have to swallow your pride and play by the rules...for now.

It's all about getting him elected. Period.

Chester Copperpot
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM

Have fun not voting

can we weare our "Tommy Thompson Revolution" shirts. ?? hahah

SovereignMN
01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
In 1996 all the Lamar Alexander supporters dressed in his plaid shirt. :-)

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/vand/graphics/auto/AlexanderPICTUREedit.jpg