PDA

View Full Version : If Fox News or News Corp is your client, go slow on their projects

shasshas
01-02-2008, 02:31 AM
What do you guys think of this idea?

Let's say News Corp or Fox News is your client. Say you do graphic design work or do catering for them or whatever. It's ok to signal to them your displeasure by eg :-

1) Going slow on their work
2) Giving them ur worst shot
3) If you are doing catering for them, be nice but not too nice

If they complain, just say -- "Ahh.. well you know I'm copping it for you guys ruining the republican debates. Don't blame me! Its my other clients!"

Is it an ok policy? Any other good ideas?

THE REVOLUTION AMASSES MASSIVE MOMENTUM...

uncle saddam
01-02-2008, 02:33 AM
Just explain to them your bus is too small?

rfbz
01-02-2008, 02:33 AM
not sure if you'd be employed very long after pulling a stunt like that, but it would be funny

jcims
01-02-2008, 02:42 AM
I understand the sentiment, but I think this would be incredibly unprofessional to do. Afterall, you wouldn't be in that position unless you've already 'shaken hands' with them to get the job done in the first place. You'll end up looking like a loser and get replaced with someone who delivers on their commitments.

Antonius Stone
01-02-2008, 02:48 AM
instead of beating around the bush, why dont you contact all other graphic designers you know (or whatever your industry is) and get them to agree to not work for Fox then just cancel your contract with Fox and tell them to jump off a rooftop

shasshas
01-02-2008, 04:43 AM
instead of beating around the bush, why dont you contact all other graphic designers you know (or whatever your industry is) and get them to agree to not work for Fox then just cancel your contract with Fox and tell them to jump off a rooftop

nah.. has to be a careful measured opposition. we don't want to make them scared. we just want to give them a gentle message. then let it gather momentum.

soon they will jump off the cliff themselves.

look -- fox isn't the only client out there. if you gave your best work to CNN or another network, don't you think they will perform better than fox?

FOR EXAMPLE - say you do makeup & hairdressing for Fox newsreaders. The possibilities are MIND BOGGLING.

CelestialRender
01-02-2008, 08:49 AM

Agree. As far as I'm concerned, Fox News is blacklisted until they include RP.

thoughtbombing
01-02-2008, 08:52 AM
What do you guys think of this idea?

Let's say News Corp or Fox News is your client. Say you do graphic design work or do catering for them or whatever. It's ok to signal to them your displeasure by eg :-

1) Going slow on their work
2) Giving them ur worst shot
3) If you are doing catering for them, be nice but not too nice

If they complain, just say -- "Ahh.. well you know I'm copping it for you guys ruining the republican debates. Don't blame me! Its my other clients!"

Is it an ok policy? Any other good ideas?

THE REVOLUTION AMASSES MASSIVE MOMENTUM...

They should start checking the urine content of that coffee... some of those interns are of college age, and I doubt they want that pittance they are receiving to work slave labor for those shills to be taxed and taken for social security.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-02-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm an expert at sabotage. Mostly self-sabotage, but hey, i'm willing to learn