PDA

View Full Version : The male-ness of Ron Paul supporters?

NYgs23
01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
I've noticed several times just today, stories talking about how Ron Paul supporters are not just predominantly young, but predominantly men. Don't get me wrong, as a man, I'm happy to see men take the initiative about something, in a world in which woman seem to dominate in church congregations, volunteer groups, activist groups, charity organizations, and school faculties. But why is this? I think it may be because Ron Paul emphasizes things like monetary issues and war. Furthermore he tends to do so from a perspective of economics, good governance and rule of law.

Women (speaking in broad generalities, of course) may be more drawn to so-called "kitchen table" issues: how do we take care of our children, the poor, the old, healthcare and education? They would prefer politicians who look at it from the "human" perspective. You'll never hear Ron Paul go: "Ya know, I recently met a lady by the name a' Flora Jennings. She's 97 years young, a widow from Tuscaloosa, and she's worried about Medicare. And I say, Flora, give me your trust..." I'm delighted he'd never do that but, sadly, it may be what the soccer moms want to here. More than that, I wonder if there aren't a lot of "strong career women" out there who are just dying for Hillary, the strong career woman. And to them, Ron Paul just a boring old white Republican with a gray suit and old-fashioned views.

Enzo
01-02-2008, 12:16 AM
I don't know how accurate that is. I personally know more females that support Ron Paul than males.

The main criticism I hear from women who do support and those who won't support Ron Paul, is almost always to do with his stance on abortion. That probably has a lot more to do with it.

ChickenHawk
01-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Libertarian ideas are not popular with women, They really aren't popular with the population in general. They are mainly popular with a vocal motivated minority. That is why people like Ron Paul rarely win elections.

mwkaufman
01-02-2008, 12:18 AM
On the positive side, men vote more, women respond to more polls. :p

idiom
01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Huck and Romeny have more women by ~15%

Every other republican has ~7% Male majority.

There are so many thing you could say about those ratios that would get you violently emasculated so I won't mention any of them :D

bc2208
01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
I do believe all of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and ratifiers of the Constitution were of the male variety.

And my girlfriend says Romney is hot, "for an older guy."

Akus
01-02-2008, 12:22 AM
I've noticed several times just today, stories talking about how Ron Paul supporters are not just predominantly young, but predominantly men and predominantly white.corrected

kutibah
01-02-2008, 12:23 AM

lmfao...thats one way to look at it :D

schmeisser
01-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Don't worry, those females will vote for whoever their men-folk tell them to. :p

J/K

But seriously, this is a Republican primary and I don't think the apparent weighting toward men is significant in comparison. The one article I read today was more about the college group that volunteered to spend X-mas in Iowa. I would expect that group to be more dominated by men for cultural and not political reasons.

It may be sexist, but I would have a different view of the x-mas thing for my son than my daughter. Sorry.

We will have to work on this demographic for the general.

me3
01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
And my girlfriend says Romney is hot, "for an older guy."
And apparently, he has some special underwear. :D

Xonox
01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Libertarian ideas are not popular with women, They really aren't popular with the population in general. They are mainly popular with a vocal motivated minority. That is why people like Ron Paul rarely win elections.

In case you haven't noticed... 'Ron Paul people' really haven't been in any elections, at least not in the sense of the organized movement we have now. I also think the Libertarian ideas are more popular than you realize, they're just blocked out by the two party system. What the Ron Paul revolution is showing is that when people hear the message, they like it. It's all a matter of media.

curtisag
01-02-2008, 12:31 AM
I've been saying Ron Paul has a serious problem with women for a long time. I made a big post about it 6 weeks ago, but then all these people got mad at me.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Men tend to be more logical than women, generally speaking. Women like the idea of "taking care" of people with big government.

One area where I think Ron can gather a lot of female supporters is on the War issue. This campaign really needs to focus more on the war issue, and less on this esoteric stuff like the fed. 90% of people don't know squat about the fed, but 100% of people know about this stupid war.

ChickenHawk
01-02-2008, 12:33 AM
In case you haven't noticed... 'Ron Paul people' really haven't been in any elections, at least not in the sense of the organized movement we have now. I also think the Libertarian ideas are more popular than you realize, they're just blocked out by the two party system. What the Ron Paul revolution is showing is that when people hear the message, they like it. It's all a matter of media.

I would love to be proven wrong. I've waited my whole life to be proven wrong about this.

Molly1
01-02-2008, 12:34 AM
I don't know what the deal is for men, but women love Ron Paul.

But, of course, I loved Thomas Jefferson first. :)

kill the banks
01-02-2008, 12:35 AM
fire our best woman vote ammo ~ " just come home " ... peace = no drafts ... explain the war machine ~ the industrial military complex ... explain the neocon objectives and that includes all other candidates incl hillary [ They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution, violent as well as intellectual. They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends. They accept the notion that the ends justify the means—that hardball politics is a moral necessity. They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive. ]
notwithstanding tips not taxed , fiat dollar truths , neocons endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.

we should seek out female endorsements to end the madness

kill the banks

Molly1
01-02-2008, 12:36 AM
"Come home, son."

Ron LOL
01-02-2008, 12:37 AM

I thought women actually showed up to the polls with greater frequency than men by a few percent?

Molly1
01-02-2008, 12:37 AM
fire our best woman vote ammo ~ " just come home " ... peace = no drafts ... explain the war machine ~ the industrial military complex ... explain the neocon objectives and that includes all other candidates incl hillary [ They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution, violent as well as intellectual. They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends. They accept the notion that the ends justify the means—that hardball politics is a moral necessity. They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive. ]
notwithstanding tips not taxed , fiat dollar truths , neocons endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.

we should seek out female endorsements to end the madness

kill the banks

Hey, can you explain "permanent revolution" to me? What is that?

idiom
01-02-2008, 12:38 AM
He married is high school sweet heart, he wants to make things easier for mid-wives, he wants to bring *all* the troops home.

Apparently the chicks that get polled don't go in for that stuff.

danberkeley
a lot of the chicks i know who support Ron Paul say that he reminds them of a grandfatherly figure

Molly1
I thought women actually showed up to the polls with greater frequency than men by a few percent?

Women are looking out for the children.

They want there to be a country left for them.

Liberty Star
01-02-2008, 12:41 AM
RP grass roots movement may have quite a few driven alpha males, but the assertion in the first post is not true at all. Here is the video proof of RP girl power, girls who can educate economists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFR3wPP0Rek

bc2208
01-02-2008, 12:41 AM
He married is high school sweet heart, he wants to make things easier for mid-wives, he wants to bring *all* the troops home.

Apparently the chicks that get polled don't go in for that stuff.

My girlfriend loves Bush, likes Paul as a person but hates his views. However, I sent her Mrs. Paul's love story and she gushed. Wants us to end up like that, lol.

PatriotOne
01-02-2008, 12:45 AM
From a female perspective, it is probably a combination of things. I will add to the list this part of the equation: Woman, in general, don't spend as much time on the computor due to working and then being the main caregiver of children and household chores. Even in the 21st century, let's face it, when it comes to housework and children, woman are still the ones who come hjome after work and deal with children and dinner and household chores. Add social activties into that, well.................

I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule, but it is THE rule none-the less. And because of it, woman are just less likely to be exposed to Ron Paul becase of the media bias. Certainly not indicative of a womans intelligence, just a product of society right now.

kill the banks
01-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Hey, can you explain "permanent revolution" to me? What is that?

Trotskyism
Leon Trotsky
Fourth International
Marxism
Leninism
Russian Revolution
Prominent Trotskyists
James P. Cannon
Tony Cliff
Pierre Frank
Ted Grant
Joseph Hansen
Gerry Healy
C. L. R. James
Pierre Lambert
Livio Maitan
Ernest Mandel
Nahuel Moreno
Max Shachtman
Trotskyist groups
CWI · FI(ICR) · ICFI
IMT · IST · IWL
reunified FI
Branches
Orthodox Trotskyism
Third camp
Communism Portal
This box:*view*•*talk*•*edit
Permanent Revolution is a term within Marxist theory, which was first used by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels between 1845 and 1850, but has since become most closely associated with Leon Trotsky. The use of the term by different theorists is not identical. Marx used it to describe the strategy of a revolutionary class to continue to pursue its class interests independently and without compromise, despite overtures for political alliances, and despite the political dominance of opposing sections of society.

kill the banks .... google the term molly for more

RonPaulFever
01-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Security issues are most important to women, and let's face it, Ron Paul is proposing some massive changes to government that will upset the apple cart in a big way. Add to that the fact that most people are wary of change and that might explain some of it.

curtisag
01-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Ron Paul should advertise on shows like Opera or whatever shows women like. Maybe Grey's Anatomy, I know women love that show.

PatriotOne
01-02-2008, 12:49 AM
One area where I think Ron can gather a lot of female supporters is on the War issue. This campaign really needs to focus more on the war issue, and less on this esoteric stuff like the fed. 90% of people don't know squat about the fed, but 100% of people know about this stupid war.

Again, from a female perspective I agree with that part. Ron Paul needs to drive the War issue home with woman because they are very receptive to that. Bring the boys home and make sure others kids are not at risk of being drafted into this war. A mothers worst nightmare!

Liberty Star
01-02-2008, 12:56 AM
RP grass roots movement may have quite a few driven alpha males, but the assertion in the first post is not true at all. Here is the video proof of RP girl power, girls who can educate economists:

Here are some more NH women:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GW3Zta7Ypo

RonPaulCult
01-02-2008, 01:01 AM
My mom and girlfriend both love Ron Paul. I have noticed my meetup group is a sausage fest.

webaform
01-02-2008, 01:56 AM
I wonder if it is pecking order related. The women I know are highly driven in working the pecking order between mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, and female "friends". It seems sort of scary at times. Arguments seem to be about keeping someone in their place. The shifting alliances are hilarious as well.

The Ron Paul grassroots organization is not very hierarchical in my opinion. Sort of like a Wild West where the men would show up first. Maybe other candidates have a very hierarchical structure that a woman may be more comfortable pecking around in for her place. I don't know? Just thinking out loud.

webaform
01-02-2008, 02:05 AM

Aha, that video is hilarious. I can't believe someone is talking about how they changed the formula in that manner. Very cool. Not only are we robbed of our standard of living, but all the productivity gains are disappeared as well.

Luft97
01-02-2008, 02:17 AM
I do believe all of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and ratifiers of the Constitution were of the male variety.

You are very correct. in that statement.

There again very correct.

First let me say that I am no hater, we are all in this togather and we have to get on the right track. If we fail our fates are intertwined togather.

But there is a reason behind all this. The signers of the Declaration of Independance and the Constitution were all male and they intended to keep it that way. Have you not seen the interview with Aaron Russo where he talked about the reasons for the Women's lib movement agenda he spoke about with Rockefeller? If not watch it here, I don't know the exact minute he talks about it but if you have not seen it you should watch it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nD7dbkkBIA

The same can be said for all the civil rights movements in the country. It is the classic tactic of "Divide and Conquer" when a people no longer have things in common, or have thier good common values and traditions made into smut, it poisons the society and makes it harder for them to band togather as a group and throw a off a tyranical regime.

Do a little research about what the Germans did to Poland in WW2 when they took over the media there and what tactics they were using to ruin the poor polish people's society in order to break them.

All of this was orchestrated and very well calculated. If you look at the people who funded all of this and the people at the top who gave all of these movements publicity in media here and around the world you will see that this was a well laid out plan that we are now in the final stages of.

Now with all that said flame me if you like, I do not belive that things happen by chance. There is always a motive for change to happen. More often than not it is a Sinister plan disguised with good intentions.

Thrice
01-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Here's a question: would you say things like internet forums, etc are predominantly male? ;)

I got my mom hooked easily. "Married pretty much a billion years, love kids - especially delivering them, against the war." Friends are harder. The abortion issue is definitely the clincher, and I think it's more an issue of betrayed trust from politicians than anything. I can say "Personal moral beliefs =/= a push for sweeping federal legislation" until I'm blue in the face but what it really boils down to is that he's pro-life and it requires a significant degree of trust in Paul to maintain his Dr. No track record. This can be argued for any candidate for any position, true, but my age group (I've noticed) tends to be very, very wary of pro-life Republicans.

idiom
01-02-2008, 02:26 AM
The Phone polls are showing differences. RP has the same bias as thompson iirc.

devil21
01-02-2008, 02:33 AM
I just think that women tend to gravitate toward the democrat message of taking care of everyone (maternal instincts) as opposed to the personal responsibility and self reliance message (survival instinct). Whether the democrat candidates will actually uphold those "values" is secondary.

SlapItHigh
01-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Census data here and here [2006 data found with this program] show that women have been turning out at higher rates than men in every Presidential election since 1980, and in every mid-term election since 1986.

http://www.pollster.com/blogs/the_gender_gap_in_turnout_like.php

and

Women outnumber men online, and it's likely to stay that way.

Females now constitute an undeniable majority of the US Internet population.

http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?id=1004775

try again :)

SlapItHigh
01-02-2008, 02:40 AM
So here is my question - what are you doing to attract more women to Ron Paul's message?

Where I live, there are a lot of female Ron Paul supporters. My meetup group is about 50/50 with men/women among our active members. Often, our events have more women than men attending (as was the case with the New Years RP March two days ago). Most of our organizers are women. If your area is vastly different, what do you plan to do about it?

In female online communities that I visit, the vast majority of opposition to Ron Paul is regarding his pro-life actions/views, his so-called racist ties and the thought that his views on liberty and freedom will cause women and children to go hungry and minorities to be trampled on.

daniroyer
01-02-2008, 02:51 AM
I too have noticed many of the vocal supporters are men. *shrugs* I think it goes to old school misconceptions. When my husband volunteers by himself and leaves the kids with me, my mom doesn't make much of a fuss. But when I go up there alone and leave the kids with him, he's being a great husband who's going out of his way. It's very stupid.

As for why many women aren't supporting the good doctor, or at least aren't loud about it, all those excuses are bullshit.

I'm staying at home with my boys right now and that has given me an amazing amount of freedom to support Ron Paul. Yes, much of it is from home or very local, but I'm doing it. I network with fellow supporters through e-mail and this forum. I listen to local talk radio to keep on top of things (and call in if the kids permit). I pimped out my kids' Radio Flyer wagon in Ron Paul signs and go for long walks with them in it. When I get the canvassing list later this week, I'll load 'em up and do some knocking. My oldest son asks me every day how we are going to help Ron Paul.

Having kids is no damn excuse. I have an 18-month-old and a 2 1/2 year old and they can be the best campaigners you van ask for (as long as they get their nap).

Anyone who doesn't like Ron Paul solely on the abortion issue seriously needs to reevaluate their priorities. I'm am a huge pro-choicer. I strongly disagree with RP on this issue, but do believe the States have the say, not Federal. Above all of this, we have to fix the economy and foreign policy before we can deal with abortion. So I'm going to get Ron Paul elected to fix the economy and I'll do my damnedest to keep abortion legal in FL.

I honestly don't buy the crap. It's pure laziness and bullshit.

(On the light side, my meetup would be a great way to meet guys if I wasn't married.)

Luft97
01-02-2008, 02:55 AM
So here is my question - what are you doing to attract more women to Ron Paul's message?

My wife supports Dr. Paul and she is also a home schooling mother. She is involved with home schooling groups in our area and tries to promote Dr. Paul's message when she can. I think the home schooling angle is very popular.

I know his pro-life message does not resonate very well with alot of women. But you have to look at it from his personal side. If you actually were the one performing the procedure or were present and aiding in the procedure you might have second thoughts since you were the exocutioner so to say... Then again he does not want the federal government involved with legislation on the issue. As long as he remains true to that philosophy, which I think he will, it will be a non-issue for the country because there will be many states where it will be legal.

I don't belive him to be racist either. I do belive he can see the big picture and how we have arrived at the point we are today. The problem is most people are not going to take the time to read about history and keep an open mind as to what is fact and what is fiction (or spin). If everyone was more informed about the past we would not have to try and convince them Dr. Paul was the last hope for true freedom.

SlapItHigh
01-02-2008, 03:02 AM
My wife supports Dr. Paul and she is also a home schooling mother. She is involved with home schooling groups in our area and tries to promote Dr. Paul's message when she can. I think the home schooling angle is very popular.

That is great! I am going to homeschool my boys as well. I have been very happy to see Ron Paul achieving a lot of popularity within the homeschooling community but at the same time there is also a great deal of opposition to Ron Paul in the homeschooling community so there still needs to be a lot of work done there.

I know his pro-life message does not resonate very well with alot of women. But you have to look at it from his personal side. If you actually were the one performing the procedure or were present and aiding in the procedure you might have second thoughts since you were the exocutioner so to say... Then again he does not want the federal government involved with legeslation on the issue. As long as he remains true to that philosophy, which I think he will, it will be a non-issue for the country because there will be many states where it will be legal.

I don't belive him to be racist either. I do belive he can see the big picture and how we have arrived at the point we are today. The problem is most people are not going to take the time to read about history and keep an open mind as to what is fact and what is fiction (or spin). If everyone was more informed about the past we would not have to try and convince them Dr. Paul was the last hope for true freedom.

Preaching to the choir here. I'm just saying, I've spent a lot of time trying to get other women on to Ron Paul on women only forums and those are the main reasons that most are against him and it is rarely only one of those reasons (such as abortion)...it is usually *ALL* of those reasons grouped together. I've debated for hours about it but most of them do not listen and do not care. They read his Sanctity of Life Act and they see it as an attempt on a federal ban on abortion even though it isn't. Even if you can get through to them on that issue, you have to tackle the other 2 and they don't want to hear it.

pikerz
01-02-2008, 03:02 AM
troll thread.

Thrice
01-02-2008, 03:04 AM
Making calendars with hot chicks on them.

SlapItHigh
01-02-2008, 03:04 AM
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/index.php has almost 100,000 registered women on their forums and Ron Paul is bashed to shreds on a regular basis in the politics forum there. As soon as someone posts that they are interested in him and like what he has to say, they tear him apart and the poster changes their mind. It is literally sickening.

pikerz
01-02-2008, 03:09 AM
Theres no unwritten law that women need to look to the state to be "taken care of".

Total BS!

We are completely re-writing the rules of politics, bridging these artificially constructed divides that have dominated politics for so long.

pikerz
01-02-2008, 03:12 AM
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/index.php has almost 100,000 registered women on their forums and Ron Paul is bashed to shreds on a regular basis in the politics forum there. As soon as someone posts that they are interested in him and like what he has to say, they tear him apart and the poster changes their mind. It is literally sickening.

Mothering dot commune? Good grief.

Of course Ron Paul isnt going to be popular amongst collectivists! But thats the fundemental war we are waging. Do we want Liberty, or do we want Collectivism?

Thinking people generally opt for Liberty.

Molly1
01-02-2008, 03:13 AM
yeah, what's the alternative? slavery?

Women have had enough of that, I think.

SlapItHigh
01-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Mothering dot commune? Good grief.

Of course Ron Paul isnt going to be popular amongst collectivists! But thats the fundemental war we are waging. Do we want Liberty, or do we want Collectivism?

Thinking people generally opt for Liberty.

It isn't a site for collectivists although there are some there just like every other womens forum I visit. I experience the same opposition from women in every different type of forum I visit...MDC is just the largest by far. There are plenty of Libertarians there and actually a lot of Anarchists there. There are a lot of Ron Paul supporters too but the anti-RP folks are pushing their agenda full force there. This is exactly the type of community that should be embracing RP because they preach the same ideas in their personal lives.

Thrice
01-02-2008, 03:24 AM
It isn't a site for collectivists although there are some there just like every other womens forum I visit. I experience the same opposition from women in every different type of forum I visit...MDC is just the largest by far. There are plenty of Libertarians there and actually a lot of Anarchists there. There are a lot of Ron Paul supporters too but the anti-RP folks are pushing their agenda full force there. This is exactly the type of community that should be embracing RP because they preach the same ideas in their personal lives.
That is pretty weird. You'd think a forum that revolves around motherhood would like to see a candidate who emphasizes maximizing personal autonomy. Most parents I know loathe other folks getting all up in their biz-ness.

Luft97
01-02-2008, 03:25 AM

It is a shame that happens, it really is an uphill battle to change the way many people think. People are so indoctrinated (not all but many of them) that when you bring up an idea that does not match what they have been told is right they will simply react in an extreme way. It takes alot of time and effort and discussion and fact finding missions to make some people see the light.

Before Dr. Paul I had gotten to the point I would not really discuss politics with anyone (other than my wife ;p ) simply because I did not want to take the painstakingly long journey to explain why I believed the way I did. I was also pessimistic that anyone would ever want to listen.

That is great! I am going to homeschool my boys as well. I have been very happy to see Ron Paul achieving a lot of popularity within the homeschooling community but at the same time there is also a great deal of opposition to Ron Paul in the homeschooling community so there still needs to be a lot of work done there.

Good to hear! It does take some time out of the day but I believe in the end the children get so much more out of it.

SlapItHigh
01-02-2008, 03:30 AM
That is pretty weird. You'd think a forum that revolves around motherhood would like to see a candidate who emphasizes maximizing personal autonomy. Most parents I know loathe other folks getting all up in their biz-ness.

It is beyond bizarre. Also 99.99% of the women there are fiercely anti-war. The majority also homeschool and many of them actually "unschool". They are also big into health freedom. This audience is ripe for receiving Ron Paul's message but unfortunately a handfull of hardcore socialists with a serious agenda and dislike for truth rule the politics forum (including moderators who delete posts when you provide evidence to counter false claims against Ron Paul).

pikerz
01-02-2008, 03:38 AM

From what I have seen, the "anti-RP" factor tends to hold true for heavily moderated sites.

I would wager that a lot of people back down quickly given that its not really a political forum, and because they know they'll get booted if they push too many buttons.

I got a chuckle reading about how they are wary of political threads--- basicly the message is, shut up, dont get out of line, but we'll just go ahead and pretend that we give a crap about free speech.

Forums tend to be fiefdoms. Most people will by default, respect the rights of the owner to run it any which way they choose. So I wouldnt be too concerned with what goes on there, as its not an accurate reflection of what people really think--rather, a reflection of what the owner/moderators are willing to tolerate.

SlapItHigh
01-02-2008, 03:47 AM
From what I have seen, the "anti-RP" factor tends to hold true for heavily moderated sites.

I would wager that a lot of people back down quickly given that its not really a political forum, and because they know they'll get booted if they push too many buttons.

I got a chuckle reading about how they are wary of political threads--- basicly the message is, shut up, dont get out of line, but we'll just go ahead and pretend that we give a crap about free speech.

Forums tend to be fiefdoms. Most people will by default, respect the rights of the owner to run it any which way they choose. So I wouldnt be too concerned with what goes on there, as its not an accurate reflection of what people really think--rather, a reflection of what the owner/moderators are willing to tolerate.

good assessment. The reason it does still concern me is that these are the activist types. These people can get things done like you wouldn't believe and are very big about spreading their views to others so I think it goes far beyond the actual site.

NYgs23
01-02-2008, 03:56 AM
It's interesting how you say that the abortion issue is problematic for a lot of people, especially women. As a pro-life Catholic conservative, this is one of the things I like about Ron Paul. Possibly I can blame the neocons and "religious" right for muddying the waters on this issue so that so many people are turned-off when they hear "pro-life Republican". Then they start thinking of guys like Jerry Falwell, I guess. How sad.

SlapItHigh
01-02-2008, 04:00 AM
You make a good point NYgs23 - Ron Paul's pro-life stance attracts many people as well, including women. It is an issue that divides America which is why I think both sides should appreciate RP's stance regardless of whether or not they agree.

Wyurm
01-02-2008, 04:19 AM

Where I live, there are a lot of female Ron Paul supporters. My meetup group is about 50/50 with men/women among our active members. Often, our events have more women than men attending (as was the case with the New Years RP March two days ago). Most of our organizers are women. If your area is vastly different, what do you plan to do about it?

In female online communities that I visit, the vast majority of opposition to Ron Paul is regarding his pro-life actions/views, his so-called racist ties and the thought that his views on liberty and freedom will cause women and children to go hungry and minorities to be trampled on.

Its already that way and will only get far worse without freedom. Why do you think the establishment which does not have anyone's best interests at heart other than their own, is so against Dr. Paul?

It won't be comfortable or safe to continue living in America whether you are a man or a woman if Dr. Paul is not elected.

NYgs23
01-02-2008, 04:43 AM
You make a good point NYgs23 - Ron Paul's pro-life stance attracts many people as well, including women. It is an issue that divides America which is why I think both sides should appreciate RP's stance regardless of whether or not they agree.

Well, one would think so, SlapItHigh, but it has become dishearteningly apparent, over the past months, just how many people out there, of all backgrounds and ideologies, can't see past the ends of their noses. You can explain something to them 50 times, but they ALWAYS remain trapped in the same tiny little psychological rat maze they inhabit. I've dealt with liberals, conservatives, "moderates", and just plain cynical or apathetic types like this. Like the people on that "mothering" board. Personally, I would think that women who favor homeschooling, favor natural breastfeeding, natural childbirth, no vaccinations, etc. would tend to be pretty strongly pro-life. But apparently it's not so. But at least they should understand the concept of letting the people in each state decide these things. I think so many people prefer tyranny, because they either think the tyrants will take care of them or that THEY will get to be the tyrants. Instead they end up thralls. I want to call them fools, but maybe I shouldn't be so harsh. But the closed-mindedness is astounding.

amy31416
01-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Women are looking out for the children.

They want there to be a country left for them.

Best notion in this thread so far. I'm kind of an exception to the rule at almost any time. I'm trying to convince my boyfriend that he should vote Ron Paul.

I've known about this disparity for a while due to opensecrets.org. Ron Paul had the least female support of any candidate. I chalk it up to:

1. He's a Republican. And that is associated with being a war mongerer.
2. His anti-government assistance stance. Women tend to be caretakers and know this takes help and money.
3. Fear of change. Women fear change more? I'm not sure if that's accurate.
4. There are a lot of female Ron Paul supporters, but I think we're mostly aware of some of the flaws in our gender: a) we don't care as much about all this "man" stuff, b) economics is not a common female interest, c) there are some very superficial females, Republican and Democrat, who will vote for the "best looking" candidate or the female candidate without ever thinking.

So how do we sway them? The war is one good answer. Speaking the truth about Barack Obama and Hillary is another.

But that won't really work-like a typical neocon, these are superficial people, and we're essentially asking them to become more profound in their thought processes. How does that happen? With my boyfriend, I've simply attempted, over time, to plant ideas. He has a son whom he loves, and I've blatantly stated that every viable candidate would send him to fight a BS war where he could likely die.

That's the only thing that's had any effect so far.

But I'm rambling here, I just think it's a very individual thing. Keep pushing the anti-war thing though. That's generally very important to women.

Shink
01-02-2008, 07:43 AM
You are very correct. in that statement.

There again very correct.

First let me say that I am no hater, we are all in this togather and we have to get on the right track. If we fail our fates are intertwined togather.

But there is a reason behind all this. The signers of the Declaration of Independance and the Constitution were all male and they intended to keep it that way. Have you not seen the interview with Aaron Russo where he talked about the reasons for the Women's lib movement agenda he spoke about with Rockefeller? If not watch it here, I don't know the exact minute he talks about it but if you have not seen it you should watch it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nD7dbkkBIA

The same can be said for all the civil rights movements in the country. It is the classic tactic of "Divide and Conquer" when a people no longer have things in common, or have thier good common values and traditions made into smut, it poisons the society and makes it harder for them to band togather as a group and throw a off a tyranical regime.

Do a little research about what the Germans did to Poland in WW2 when they took over the media there and what tactics they were using to ruin the poor polish people's society in order to break them.

All of this was orchestrated and very well calculated. If you look at the people who funded all of this and the people at the top who gave all of these movements publicity in media here and around the world you will see that this was a well laid out plan that we are now in the final stages of.

Now with all that said flame me if you like, I do not belive that things happen by chance. There is always a motive for change to happen. More often than not it is a Sinister plan disguised with good intentions.

Holy shit. I'd heard Alex mention basically all of the content of that interview several times over, but you have to SEE that for yourself. I am an atheist, but I hope the religious recognize their 'Mark of the Beast' before it's too late.