PDA

View Full Version : Ron ignoring the NRA?

TomTX
01-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Official Campaign - this seems like a REALLY easy set of voters to target.

The NRA says that Ron Paul failed to respond to their candidate forum, even with a taped message.

http://www.nravalues.org/

On the eve of the iowa Caucus, the NRA just sent out a message to millions of members - and Ron Paul is the only name missing from the email.

Where is the problem guys?

-TomTX

Dave Pedersen
01-01-2008, 10:12 PM
NRA leadership are sellout whores.

Join the Gun Owners of America they are truly behind our second amendment.

TomTX
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
NRA leadership are sellout whores.

Join the Gun Owners of America they are truly behind our second amendment.

No shit. :rolleyes:

You're missing the point - this was an opportunity to get free publicity out to an audience who believe in the Second Amendment.

It's the millions of members who got the email I care about getting the message to, not the NRA leadership.

WarDog
01-01-2008, 10:16 PM
NRA = Neo Cons.
They always screw things up on purpose.

http://www.militarytimes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1560122

Buzz
01-01-2008, 10:18 PM

You're missing the point - this was an opportunity to get free publicity out to an audience who believe in the Second Amendment.

It's the millions of members who got the email I care about getting the message to, not the NRA leadership.

+1

robertwerden
01-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Im a huge gun advocate and I want nothing to do with the NRA.

fortilite
01-01-2008, 10:21 PM
NRA is a traitor organization. They're nothing but hunters, they don't care about the 2nd.

Dave Pedersen
01-01-2008, 10:21 PM

OK I misunderstood your post. Pardons

TomTX
01-01-2008, 10:22 PM
NRA = Neo Cons.

The leadership? Mostly.

The millions of members? By and large, no. LOTS of old-school vets - and people like us.

This is a BIG chunk of votes that should easily be brought over to our side - they just need to know that Ron is out there, and viable.

TomTX
01-01-2008, 10:22 PM
OK I misunderstood your post. Pardons

No worries. :)

NMCB3
01-01-2008, 10:28 PM
The problem with the NRA is they are like a government. Supposedly they represent you, and they accept your money, then they sell you out. I`m a life member, but I hate the bastards. :mad:

Peace&Freedom
01-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Leave the rank and file members out of the issue. The REAL point is, if the NRA leadership was pro-gun they would have gone out of their way to include Paul in their letter, instead of out of their way to find a means of saying 'we didn't include him because...' This is the SECOND time in weeks they've done this (they also didn't list him on their site 'because he didn't go' to one of their functions). Would the 'frontrunner' guys be left out on this flimsy basis? STOP BEING TREATED LIKE CHILDREN.

TaxProtester
01-01-2008, 11:08 PM
It doesn't matter what the leadership is like. What matters is the membership base if you are looking for votes. MANY can be found there.

Peace&Freedom
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
It doesn't matter what the leadership is like. What matters is the membership base if you are looking for votes. MANY can be found there.

Not so simple, if the leadership is looking for whatever pretext it can to keep info about the best pro-gun rights candidate out there away from them.

Brutus
01-02-2008, 09:03 AM
The NRA probably has a good number of latent Ron Paul supporters, but the NRA itself isn't a great organization. I don't understand why Dr. Paul would not answer them. It is an odd decision. However, I'm not going to miss any sleep over it.

Life Member Gun Owners of America
ex-member of NRA

RobertJ
01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Ron Paul doesnt bow to any special interest be they friend or foe, thats been his position for 30+ years. He would be called a hippocrite if he accepted NRA support.

TomTX
01-02-2008, 08:15 PM
The NRA probably has a good number of latent Ron Paul supporters, but the NRA itself isn't a great organization. I don't understand why Dr. Paul would not answer them. It is an odd decision. However, I'm not going to miss any sleep over it.

Life Member Gun Owners of America
ex-member of NRA

Finally got through to the official campaign.

Ron Paul could not be there in person (prior commitments.)

Ron offered to be there by remote feed. NRA refused, and kept him off the website.

NRA refused all other overtures by the campaign.

I signed up as an NRA Life member a long time ago (before GOA) - and I'm going to give Wayne an earful.