PDA

View Full Version : Published!!

B964
07-14-2007, 06:48 AM
http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070714/OPINION/707140316/1005/OPINION

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Nice work, Citizen B964! (Or may I call you Ed?) I grew up in the Finger Lakes, not far from you.

LizF
07-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Seconded...nice work Ed! :)

guntherg16
07-14-2007, 07:45 AM
http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070714/OPINION/707140316/1005/OPINION

Great article.

I posted a link to it on BCVoice.

http://www.bcvoice.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=40796

richard1984
07-14-2007, 07:53 AM
Congradulations! Hopefully, it will pique the interest of a lot of people. If Ron Paul doesn't sound like the ideal candidate, I don't know who does.

Do you know how many people usually read pressconnects.com?

guntherg16
07-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Congradulations! Hopefully, it will pique the interest of a lot of people. If Ron Paul doesn't sound like the ideal candidate, I don't know who does.

Do you know how many people usually read pressconnects.com?

I believe it's mainly a site visited by the locals but I see that one of the reader comments to the article is from someone in Myrtle Beach.

B964
07-14-2007, 08:19 AM
I just got the printed newspaper. The editor must also be a fan. It was not just in with all the other letters. Seperate large box with a color picture of him.

And yes, you can call me Ed.

cajuncocoa
07-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Good work! I'll put that up on my blog later this afternoon.

guntherg16
07-14-2007, 08:30 AM
I just got the printed newspaper. The editor must also be a fan. It was not just in with all the other letters. Seperate large box with a color picture of him.

And yes, you can call me Ed.

Yeah, they put you in as a Guest Viewpoint. When they published my letter a month or so ago, they edited some of it out to fit their 150 word maximum. I had included a link to http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ but they cut that out of mine. I'm glad to see they left it in your letter. Maybe they're starting to wake up.

B964
07-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, they put you in as a Guest Viewpoint. When they published my letter a month or so ago, they edited some of it out to fit their 150 word maximum. I had included a link to http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ but they cut that out of mine. I'm glad to see they left it in your letter. Maybe they're starting to wake up.

It looks like they did not edit anything. I wrote several and this one was the one I thought had the least chance. I did not think they whould put in the web site.

My favorite was:

I am sure you are all aware of the problems this country is facing today. From our soldiers being killed and wounded in overseas conflicts, increasing tax burdens, illegal immigration, to the trillion dollar national debt.

It would seem there is little the average person could do to change the course.

The solution is the same today as it was once before in this countries history, the need for a drastic departure from the way our government operates. Our federal government needs to return to the form that our founding fathers intended. That is a government of the Constitution, a limited federal government, based on non intervention and free trade with other nations. A government that does not step out of line with the will of the people.

I urge you to please take a few minutes, think of the issues at hand and help make a difference. This is even more so important if you have children. Please do not let us pass on a legacy of war and debt to the future.
We can not just continue going about our daily lives and hope others will solve the countries problems, we the people need to get involved.

Some of you may feel it is still early and you have time, but you do not. The front running candidates are talking the same old talk and we will get the same old results. Ron Paul is talking different, and different results will happen.

We CAN do this, and we MUST.

Edward W Burrell

johnrocks
07-14-2007, 09:53 AM
I am not a very good writer, can I use that letter in my local paper's viewer editorial section?

B964
07-14-2007, 09:55 AM
I am not a very good writer, can I use that letter in my local paper's viewer editorial section?

Yes.

johnrocks
07-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Yes.

Thanks!:) Consider it done:D

guntherg16
07-14-2007, 10:33 AM
It looks like they did not edit anything. I wrote several and this one was the one I thought had the least chance. I did not think they whould put in the web site.

My favorite was:

I am sure you are all aware of the problems this country is facing today. From our soldiers being killed and wounded in overseas conflicts, increasing tax burdens, illegal immigration, to the trillion dollar national debt.

It would seem there is little the average person could do to change the course.

The solution is the same today as it was once before in this countries history, the need for a drastic departure from the way our government operates. Our federal government needs to return to the form that our founding fathers intended. That is a government of the Constitution, a limited federal government, based on non intervention and free trade with other nations. A government that does not step out of line with the will of the people.

I urge you to please take a few minutes, think of the issues at hand and help make a difference. This is even more so important if you have children. Please do not let us pass on a legacy of war and debt to the future.
We can not just continue going about our daily lives and hope others will solve the countries problems, we the people need to get involved.

Some of you may feel it is still early and you have time, but you do not. The front running candidates are talking the same old talk and we will get the same old results. Ron Paul is talking different, and different results will happen.

We CAN do this, and we MUST.

Edward W Burrell

That's a good one too. I like the one they published today though because it gives a lot more info on Ron Paul.

Spirit of '76
07-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Good stuff!

Keep up the good work!