PDA

View Full Version : Need Cash for the campaign?? Donate Plasma...here is how.

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Earn up to $60 per week.

Introduction

If you're looking to make some quick cash you can always donate your plasma, the clear yellowish fluid portion of the blood that transports water and nutrients to all the cells in the body and is used for transfusions to people who have suffered shock, burns or trauma. Although your body quickly replenishes its supply of plasma, there are a few precautions you should take before using yourself as an organic ATM and donating plasma from your blood.

Instructions

Step One
Check with the Yellow Pages or a nearby college campus for the closest plasma collection center, blood bank or blood collection facility. There are more than 400 for-profit plasma collection centers in the United States.

Step Two
Eat something two hours before donating plasma and drink lots of water to avoid feeling light-headed, which is common after donating blood.

Step Three
Plan to spend a few hours at the center the first time you go. Prospective donors are questioned about their health history and circumstances that may put them at risk for being HIV positive. You will also be asked if you've had any piercings or tattoos within the last 12 months. You'll undergo a physical exam, be screened for drugs, and be asked to sign waivers.

Step Four
Lie down, relax and let the technician insert a needle into your vein. The blood flows into a sterilized machine that separates the plasma from the red blood cells and then pumps blood back into your bloodstream, in a process called apheresis.

Step Five
Allow time for your medical history to be reviewed each time you return. After the initial visit, donating usually takes 30 minutes if there is no waiting line.

Step Six
Expect to earn up to $35 for each donation (twice a week max). Donors who have been vaccinated for hepatitis B can earn up to $60 per week.

Source:
http://www.ehow.com/how_110908_sell-plasma.html

Personal Note:
By doing this, you are helping those who are in need of plasma and also helping the campaign. Everyone wins. :D:D:D By doing this, you will have all the money you need for $10 in gas and $50 a week for "Ron Paul's Pay Day"....it's PERFECT!!!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-01-2008, 09:45 PM
sperm donations are more bang for the buck and much more pleasant

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 09:48 PM
sperm donations are more bang for the buck and much more pleasant

I'd rather help the sick and injured than have illegitimate kids running around.
Thanks, but no thanks.

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I wanted to start a web site just for this cause that helped people locate places they could go to sell plasma as well as a place where people could log in how much they have sold and how much plasma Ron Paul supporters have given.

....but I am not skilled in that area. Someone else would have to do that part.

It's just an idea....just in case people out there wanted to get some extra cash for the campaign.

:D

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
What's wrong...afraid of a little needle??? ;)

amberj
01-01-2008, 10:13 PM
That's a good idea. I interviewed for a job last year at some place in Houston where you could get $80 for a donation. But I've been searching all over for that place because I cannot remember what it was called or where exactly it was located. It's been driving me nuts! For anyone in the Houston area, it was right around 290 between 610 and the beltway. If anyone has any clue what it is, please tell me! I would go donate plasma tomorrow if I could find it.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-01-2008, 10:13 PM
What's wrong...afraid of a little needle??? ;)

U talking to your girlfriend? :D

cero
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
kidney for sale!

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 10:16 PM
U talking to your girlfriend? :D

I was generally talking to the entire board....

:rolleyes: I knew I had you on my ignore list for a reason....there I went giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Not one positive comment or suggestion in this thread. I'll know better next time you reply to one of my comments.

....back you go. [ignored]

brianbb98
01-01-2008, 10:16 PM
They dont pay us to do that at my local blood bank. I actually am donating tomorrow (thanks to this thread for reminding me!) but its just a regular donation. I do it just cause it helps people and thats all I need. I probably would be a little more excited to go if they paid me though. :)

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 10:20 PM
They dont pay us to do that at my local blood bank. I actually am donating tomorrow (thanks to this thread for reminding me!) but its just a regular donation. I do it just cause it helps people and thats all I need. I probably would be a little more excited to go if they paid me though. :)

Check your phone book. I'm sure there is a plasma center near you that will pay you.

There are over 400 in the U.S. alone that are willing to pay. ;)

If you are going to do it...why not get paid right? Good luck! :D

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-01-2008, 10:22 PM
you can donate your plasmas to me, if they are over 50" HDTV...

coboman
01-01-2008, 10:27 PM
I donated plasma for an uncle, and I wouldn't do it again.

I had to go twice, and I really dreaded the third week when I had to go back. Luckily (and unfortunately) my uncle died before I had to go again.

I was so conflicted by the fact that I was actually glad that he died, so I didn't have through that procedure again.

theseus51
01-01-2008, 10:30 PM
That's a good idea. I interviewed for a job last year at some place in Houston where you could get $80 for a donation. But I've been searching all over for that place because I cannot remember what it was called or where exactly it was located. It's been driving me nuts! For anyone in the Houston area, it was right around 290 between 610 and the beltway. If anyone has any clue what it is, please tell me! I would go donate plasma tomorrow if I could find it.

http://www.internationalbioresources.com/Donor.cfm

This one?

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 10:33 PM
I donated plasma for an uncle, and I wouldn't do it again.

I had to go twice, and I really dreaded the third week when I had to go back. Luckily (and unfortunately) my uncle died before I had to go again.

I was so conflicted by the fact that I was actually glad that he died, so I didn't have through that procedure again.

WOW....I have never had a problem...never felt a thing.

It's always an in and out 30-40 minute stop with a freind.

Sorry to hear you had problems...

Santana28
01-01-2008, 10:36 PM
for a while my doctor thought i was a haemopheliac.... i HATE needles... and then i had to go in once a month and watch as **10 LARGE VIALS** were drawn from me at each sitting. They didnt even tell me how much they were going to take until i had driven there with no food in my stomach by myself. i dont know how i didnt pass out.

but anyways... as far as pep talks go.... you get used to it pretty quickly :) and the more experienced your blood-taker is, the less you feel! i can vouch for this!! haha

Dave Pedersen
01-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Selling your body is wrong. blood, sperm, organs.. whatever.

Use common sense. Everyone still has common sense. The medical institutions are harbingers of destruction in many ways. Don't let them fool with you.

If you need money God has given us two hands and a brain.

jonhowe
01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
So... we should stop donating blood and organs? That's ridiculous. If I can do something I do normally (I donate blood whenever possible) AND help Ron Paul... why not?

Registered
01-01-2008, 10:45 PM

Use common sense. Everyone still has common sense. The medical institutions are harbingers of destruction in many ways. Don't let them fool with you.

:rolleyes:

next time you get hurt, by all means, don't go to a hospital.

shasshas
01-01-2008, 10:46 PM
omg!

BLOODSUCKERS!!!!

RonPaulFever
01-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Donating plasma is a worthy effort, but I find it extremely unpleasant. I wouldn't do it when I was flat broke and I won't do it now.

BeFranklin
01-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Putting this on grassroots looks cheap.

libertarian4321
01-02-2008, 01:07 AM

I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to donate your brain until after you die.

Not sure about the hands, though...