PDA

View Full Version : Huckster Arrests Christians

IcyPeaceMaker
01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Huckabee Has Those Darned Christians Arrested

Tue Jan 1, 5:55 PM ET

The Nation -- DES MOINES -- Mike Huckabee, readers will recall, is running for the Republican presidential nomination as a "Christian leader." In case anyone missed the point, the Baptist preacher-turned-politician's campaign aired television commercials during the Holiday season that featured a glowing cross along with the candidate's observation that "what really matters is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ."

So what did this follower of the Prince of Peace do when the Christian faithful gathered in his Des Moines headquarters on New Year's Eve to preach the gospel of reconciliation and sing the praises of the Nazarene?
Huckabee sicked the "plagues of the Pharisaic party" on the true believers and had them taken into custody by the local centurions. Or, for those not currently consultive with the Biblical texts: the candidate called the cops and had the peacemakers arrested.

What was the crime of the Christians? The folks from the Catholic Peace in Des Moines and the group Voices for Creative Nonviolence read scripture and held up a sign asking: "Who Would Jesus Bomb?"
That did not sit well with Huckabee, an Iraq occupation apologist who has tended to eschew issues of war-and-peace on the Republican campaign trail where he has emerged as a serious contender in recent weeks.

Huckabee's response to those who preach peace at his headquarters suggests that critics who fear the former Arkansas governor's theocratic bent have less to fear than they might anticipate. Obviously, Huckabee's strict reading of the Bible loosens up a bit when he gets to the "thou shalt not kill" part.

FireChild
01-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Typical uber-Christian.

Corydoras
01-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I've been saying for a while now that once you bring religion into the public sphere like he's doing, it's a perfect setup for a war between groups within the same larger religion. Huckabee has a thing against people who profess Christ (such as Mormons and Catholics) who are not part of his evangelical Protestant tradition.

This country does NOT need a war between Christians.

Dr.3D
01-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Actually, the 'Thou shalt not kill' part was misinterpreted in many translations.
If you knew Hebrew, then you would read it as 'You shall not murder'.

If you recall, God told His people the laws then 40 years later, He sent them into the promised land, telling them to 'kill' everyone, man, woman, children and beast.

So it would be a conflict if originally He had told them 'You shall not kill' when giving them the law then later telling them to kill everything.

Miner point though.

Huck had those people arrested for trespassing. I guess entering into an office with an open door is considered trespassing if you are asked to leave.

I'm just happy they didn't have any Ron Paul signs. ;)

Dave Pedersen
01-02-2008, 02:20 AM
Actually, the 'Thou shalt not kill' part was misinterpreted in many translations.
If you knew Hebrew, then you would read it as 'You shall not murder'.

If you recall, God told His people the laws then 40 years later, He sent them into the promised land, telling them to 'kill' everyone, man, woman, children and beast.

So it would be a conflict if originally He had told them 'You shall not kill' when giving them the law then later telling them to kill everything.

Miner point though.

Huck had those people arrested for trespassing. I guess entering into an office with an open door is considered trespassing if you are asked to leave.

I'm just happy they didn't have any Ron Paul signs. ;)

The conclusive evidence of the precise meaning of the word which is translated "kill" can be found in the Greek New Testament quote of the passage by Christ in Matthew chapter five. The Greek word Christ uses in quoting the Hebrew commandment is specifically murder.

Kingfisher
01-02-2008, 06:45 AM
bump

Sergeant Brother
01-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Meh. The implication here is that had the pro-peace group been non-Christian, there would have been absolutely nothing wrong with arresting them.

politicsNproverbs
01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Evidently Muckabee wasn't in the mood that night for "Evangelicals and Catholics Together." :confused: http://sitelevel.whatUseek.com/query.go?crid=2675cf5a2db871ec&query=ECT

This country does NOT need a war between Christians.

Amen, but some Christian researchers feel it will come eventually...

The Second Inquisition :eek:

Tribulation: The Roman Catholic Church and Christian Dominionists will institute another Inquisition to enforce the Mosaic Law, the Ten Commandments.http://watch.pair.com/new-laws.html

Don't know if or how Huckabee would fit in such a scenario... doesn't sound like he's one of the Pope's Puppets so far...

Indy Vidual
01-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Congressman Ron Paul: Archives (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html) (Dr. Ron Paul in his own words and brilliant writings)

Catholicnerd
01-11-2008, 12:10 PM
... doesn't sound like he's one of the Pope's Puppets so far...

I think you've got it wrong. The days of "Papal puppetry" are long gone. For one thing, the claim of temporal authority died with the dissolution of the Papal States. And the Pope is currently struggling to enforce his legitimate spiritual authority in the United States, and has been for the last forty years.

Walk into your local parish church and you're likely to hear priests, bishops, and laypeople who are nothing more than shills for the leftist establishment. They largely want nothing to do with the Pontiff, or anything remotely connected to traditional Catholic beliefs about citizenship, economics, or morality.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who are not Catholic don't realize that there is a huge number of unfaithful bishops and clergy in this country (and abroad), and interpret the communist propaganda spouted by bishops like Cardinal Mahoney of Los Angeles to be the direct orders of the Holy Father. It's ridiculous.

Trust me, if the Pope can't even get his own bishops to listen to him, there's no chance that the Vatican has political operatives active in the United States. Put thy tinfoil hat away.

L.A.mama
02-01-2008, 06:43 AM
I think you've got it wrong.

<snip>

Trust me, if the Pope can't even get his own bishops to listen to him, there's no chance that the Vatican has political operatives active in the United States. Put thy tinfoil hat away.

"Tinfoil hat" implies "lunacy." Implications and accusations of this sort personify the spirit of Rome.

The office of the Roman pope is contrary to or "anti" Jesus Christ.

Please see this entry with links to video, scripture and documentation:

http://americanawakening.blogspot.com/2005/12/pope-calls-for-new-world-order-christ.html

Ibtz
02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
L.A. mama, it's obvious that you are an anti-Catholic bigot. Why don't you spread your hate on another board?