PDA

View Full Version : What I Did...

Conjurico
07-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Good morning, all --

I had to do something to help out this campaign, and here's what I did:

I went out and bought 100 blank envelopes, and some stamps, and I'm planning to send them to the Campaign HQ in Texas, when the post office opens, in a few hours. While Internet communication is great, and all, the campaign is going to have to send out a LOT of regular mail. I decided to make sure that the folks who get those letters actually open them.

Here's what the envelopes look like:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blaze_paskal/detail?.dir=/7bd6re2&.dnm=c8a2re2.jpg&.src=ph

It took a little more than 3 hours for me to do these 100 envelopes. But, if there'd been an assembly line, with one person per stamp, those three hours might have generated 1,000 envelopes, or more.

I saw lots of people, in Iowa, on YouTube. Maybe some of them don't feel comfortable distributing flyers or whatever. But they might feel comfortable buying some small-denomination stamps, printing out an envelope, and putting some stamps on it.

Ron's going to need all kinds of people, in order to win. Maybe those envelopes will come in handy, as the campaigm gets ready to do the sorts of mass mailings that you KNOW they're going to hav to do. People seem to respond better to letters that have different sorts of stamps, on them. And, even with all those stamps weighing the envelope down, there's still enough "play" left, so that the campaign can insert a return-mail envelope and a one- or two-page letter, without requiring more postage.

Everything about this campaign should be broadcasting to people that this is not your average politician. Lots of people are behind him.

I wish him the best.

Spirit of '76
07-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Hey, great work! Keep it up. :)

ronpaulhawaii
07-14-2007, 03:20 AM
is sending unused stamps a countable "donation"?

Conjurico
07-14-2007, 06:31 AM
It should be. Even if it's counted as an "in-kind" contribution, rather than money, it's still something of value. Even more than the actual cash value of those stamps, though, is the value of the labor that went into putting them on the envelopes.

Not only do direct-mail folks tell you that responses go through the roof, when you use lots of small-denomination stamps, the hand-made character of the letters ought to appeal to anyone who's sick and tired of recorded messages pretending to be people, self-service check-out lines pretending to be cashiers, and ATM machines pretending to be tellers.

And when the RNC sees 100,000 or more letters going out from Ron Paul Campaign HQ with that kind of effort put into them, they'll know just exactly how much we want Ron Paul to win. It'll be a demonstration that's twice as effective as that pro-Reagan dust-up that they had, on the floor of the Republican Convention, in 1976. And that demonstration let EVERYONE know that Reagan would be President, come Hell or high water. They had to wait another four years, though. We don't have that luxury.

Oh, yeah. And I put that slogan on the bottom of the return address in order to dilute what I figured would be the natural reaction of some folks, in this country, when they saw it. I doubt that there'll be a single black person in America who'd support a campaign based on "Plantation Drive". So I turned it around, and said that the plantation is "the perfect place to start the run for freedom". And it is. In fact, I think there ought to be a 5K race set up, sometime, that starts at Campaign HQ. Better yet, if you can find an out-of-work cross-country runner who'll run/walk from that spot to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, he or she can count on spending a month at my place, just outside DC, recuperating. It's nothing fancy, but the roof doesn't leak; I'll buy the food and pay the bills, just like I'd do for any other guest, and he or she would have the run of the house.

ronpaulhawaii
07-14-2007, 02:17 PM
I like your enthusism, Conjurico.

I think this is a great effort. However, I plan on reaching Club Max with cold hard cash. I will bring this up with our meetup and suggest we fill and mail these ourselves

Thanks...

m
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
$10 from 2300 is more valuable than $2300 from 1
www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

DeadheadForPaul
07-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Great idea

We're about to enter the phase when mail-outs and tv commercials are needed

Lord Xar
07-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I must be slow tonight.. I am not sure what the "idea" is here.... I am trying to not over-complicate my brain, but I still can't figure this out.. hahahahha

someon explain this to me...

Jennifer Reynolds
07-27-2007, 01:11 AM
///