PDA

View Full Version : Discuss: How to maximize our effect on January 17th moneybomb

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Now that the January 17th Benjamin Franklin Day moneybomb (http://www.BenjaminsForPaul.com) is rolling, we should discuss the lessons we've learned from the mistakes and successes in the past moneybombs and how we should apply those lessons to this next moneybomb to maximize its effect.

Some of the mistakes I noticed in previous moneybombs:

- Someone giving the media a set figure as to what our moneybomb would have to raise to be successful
- Waiting too long to send out reminder emails on the day of the moneybomb, not leaving enough time for potential technical difficulties that might arise in sending out the emails
- Relying too heavily on past donors who have already stretched their wallets thin

What else do we need to keep in mind and improve upon for this next moneybomb?

davidt!
01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
We need to develop Youtube videos of the event, get the banners up all over the web, digg it, get the different Ron paul websites to promote it, etc.

JohnnyWrath
01-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I suggested we come up with a single paragraph to spread across the internet....it would say what, when, where to pledge, why, and to copy and paste spread it yourself...

Reason being that this would be a copy and paste where people do not even have to type a thing themselves....much faster, and would spread easier....could make it VERY viral I think.

quantized
01-01-2008, 09:54 PM
nice thread!

First thing first. We need someone to create for us nice youtube videos about BenFranklin day.

Secondly. Consider the option of getting the official campaign to endorse this very last mega-money bomb.

Many thanks for your effort.

markderidder
01-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I think $23 million by the 17th is far too optomistic, and unrealistic. If we were continuing our 4th quarter numbers, we could achieve it for sure but today we started at $0 again for the new quarter. I'm just afraid we are setting our sights too high, but maybe that can't hurt. I don't know.

Also, is Trevor behind this new bomb? I think he's got a good track record and hopefully he can help this one out.

-Mark

emeriste
01-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm somewhat new to the revolution. I have been a supporter of Ron Paul for a long time but it was after the Tea Party that I really caught revolution fever. From my perspective there was so much more buzz about the tea party than there was for the new years eve money ball.

The Tea Party had brilliant high quality videos promoting them. I didn't notice so much of that for the New Years Eve effort. I think we will need to call on people with those skills again. Because there wasn't such buzz around the New Years Eve initiative, I feel that it really lacked focus. A lot of people didn't seem sure if it was New Years Eve, New Years Day, or maybe not at all. I am also somewhat sympathetic to the idea that it is a mistake to keep going back to the well with the same idea. I think there is much to recommend what the people at www.RonPaulsPayday.com have been saying.

Still, the Benjamins money ball could be a huge success. It is a well defined and thought out day and there is time to promote it vigorously so that every single Ron Paul supporter and would be supporter is talking about it. I think New Years also suffered from being so close to Christmas and being a time to party. Those are two distractions that Franklin's birthday won't have. Those of us who already contributed will hopefully feel a little richer by then as well. :)

----
I would appreciate any help in spreading the word about www.WeLoveFreedom.com

I put together www.WeLoveFreedom.com as a one stop introduction to the revolution for people who have not yet learned about Ron Paul. I think it is an easy and memorable domain which is perfect for circling the internet in comments and emails, but even better for taking out on the street, in signs, chalked on sidewalks, and written on leaflets which can be dropped all over your city. Please take a look at www.WeLoveFreedom.com and help me to spread it! Your feedback is extremely welcome.

quantized
01-01-2008, 10:37 PM
a question by NOLA...

I think this is a great idea! I have one suggestion. Is there anywhere where a person could sign up on the site maybe in different denominations, so we can include as many people as possible?