PDA

View Full Version : matrix mosaic tv ad

ams5995
01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
matrix styled, probably requires vast skillz, just a thought.

ams5995
01-01-2008, 07:32 PM
i picture a faraway view of the RP mosaic with a patriotic background.

zooming in with music, flashing of the screen, fading effects.

each video (you realize they are videos, not pictures when you get close) becomes visible, and voices audible. use clips from youtube, debates etc etc (soundbites).

the camera pans to spontaneous videos located on the mosaic like you can pan around on google earth, but faster and more controlled.

the idea is to leave you in awe of the movement through the mosaic. chilling, compelling, etc

ams5995
01-01-2008, 07:41 PM
duplicate

magicmike
01-03-2008, 09:48 PM
This guy has a free program that looks like it does what you're talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz32WI9Rp4A
check his website for the program, you have to mess with the source code though to get all the images you want.

Doing thousands of constantly moving videos in a mosaic is hard, because mosaics are made based on the large main image, and the constantly changing small frames make the individual small videos jump around to "complete" the mosaic. the only way around this is to pre-select all of your small video frames to be very similar. It can be done, just requires a lot of work.

The other way around this is to do something like a blend between the two, maybe have the famous Ron Paul mosaic to start, zoom in as you get closer the small pictures are moving around, the one you zoom into is a composited video which as it gets bigger becomes pixelated these pixels become the next mosaic
and it zooms in and pans around to the next composited video etc etc etc.

The question is how long do you want it to go for? And how should it end? The video link I gave above is a very trippy experience, could have people watching it for days. :D

I have the special FX software to do this, though I would need somebody else to do some of the mosaic work since I don't have much time due to work.