PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Money Bomb - January 17?

TwiLeXia
01-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Solely for grassroots projects. I'm not saying the campaign HQ has not been doing its job; I simply think the grassroots projects - the blimp, the jeremiah black ads, and other projects should get a little more attention. They are just as effective; if not more, than some of the stuff HQ has been doing with our money.

I nominate January 17th simply because it's Benjamin Franklin's birthday, but if anyone thinks another day is better, feel free to suggest.

That being said, I hope someone will make a website for this "grassroots" money bomb idea. It's not to garner media attention, (though it just might) and it's not to take away from donating to ronpaul2008.

It's simply to funnel some money into these grassroots projects that are somehow thriving with less than a million in funds, while HQ has 20 million and unfortunately isn't doing as much (in my opinion). Unfortunately it's an example of how our government itself works these days - we pay more money to the government to take care of things while it's probably cheaper to simply pay for it ourselves - that means taking the reins to which projects exactly is our money going into.

Huge money bombs to the campaign is easy - we can donate millions to it and feel good about it, believing that we have contributed to the overall cause. But now we should recognize that some of our own grassroots projects may be more effective for the amount of money we put in.

Does anyone agree with this idea? If yes, then please someone - who has website making ability - organize this. Any day will do, but if people think January 17th, Franklin's birthday is good, then go for it.

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I support the 2 following projects for campaign donations...

http://www.100forfranklin.com/

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

But...I'm maxed out, so I will not be participating in the above projects.

I will, however set aside a % of every paycheck and divide it among projects that I like and can donate to.

Simple. ;)