PDA

View Full Version : Would you participate in a $23 million funraiser day?

vadimg
01-01-2008, 05:58 PM
I just bought 23million.com , can we raise $23 million on January 23rd?

european
01-01-2008, 06:00 PM
dont push the fundraising date further away in time.... HQ needs it asap... rather forward it to www.benjaminsforpaul.com which aims for January 17th.

drexhex
01-01-2008, 06:05 PM
No.

hueylong
01-01-2008, 06:07 PM
No. We can't raise $23 million in one day...

And we have a major money-bomb scheduled for the 17th.

Put your website up right away and start getting people to contribute NOW.

Try giving everyone til January 31...

Huey

Oliver
01-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I just bought 23million.com , can we raise $23 million on January 23rd?

-1 unrealistic

dont push the fundraising date further away in time.... HQ needs it asap... rather forward it to www.benjaminsforpaul.com (http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com) which aims for January 17th.

+1 reasonable

rfbz
01-01-2008, 06:19 PM
I vote yes because I would participate, but I wouldn't realistically expect to raise $23 million in one day.

NerveShocker
01-01-2008, 06:24 PM
If the date was not 5 days away from another money bomb I would support it. I think you need to move the date way back maybe early February. Then the site would maybe be realistic as we would be closer to the 23mil goal which was set by the campaign. I agree with most that 23million by your date would be impossible, but it isn't impossible for us to get it eventually.. (remember what everyone said about 12 million)
In other words.. change the date farther back and it would all make sense. Also be sure to make it so the 1 day goal is to get us to or over the 23million mark the campaign set, not to actually raise 23million in one day.. ;)

voytechs
01-01-2008, 06:33 PM
I think Friday, we'll know if this is doable. We need to see how well we do in IA. If we do well there, we can shoot for the sky.

damon04
01-01-2008, 06:36 PM
After we place high in Iowa and win New Hampshire, I believe there will be enough NEW members/donors/supporters to make that 23 million more of a possibility... I like Jan.18...

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Please do not make unrealistic goals.

It only gives people room to criticize when we do not reach it.

The 23 million should be the goal for the Total quarter....not one day.

an 8 million goal for one day is more likely to be reachable and surpassable. ;)

....increasing money bombs by 2 million is a very reasonable goal.

davidt!
01-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Isn't there a money bomb scheduled Jan. 17th?

smartguy911
01-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Ron Paul Pay Day

HQ needs constant flow of money, so they can put it to use right away. Giving them money on 17 or 23 won't help much. We need send in $10 million + by Jan 10.

xexkxex
01-01-2008, 06:44 PM

an 8 million goal for one day is more likely to be reachable and surpassable. ;)

....increasing money bombs by 2 million is a very reasonable goal.

I wanted to add......

I support the 2 following projects for campaign donations...

http://www.100forfranklin.com/

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/ <<<------------------- This is the most important thing that needs to be pushed

But...I'm maxed out, so I will not be participating in the above projects.

I will, however set aside a % of every paycheck and divide it among projects that I like and can donate to.

Simple. ;)

yongrel
01-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Ron Paul Pay Day

HQ needs constant flow of money, so they can put it to use right away. Giving them money on 17 or 23 won't help much. We need send in $10 million + by Jan 10.

this

kushaze
01-01-2008, 06:47 PM
No matter what grassroots funding day emerges from all this mess we need to decide on it now. We need dozens of youtube videos promoting this day ASAP. My only issue with the Ron Paul pay day project is that I don't think a lot of people get excited about donating on a weekly basis.

dircha
01-01-2008, 06:48 PM

But that isn't the goal. Did you get the latest email from the official campaign? If you didn't, please go to the Join link on the official site and signup.

They project that it will cost us $23 million more than we have now to be competitive in the 22 Super Tuesday states on February 5th. What does that mean? That means they need to have received and spent the $23 million weeks in advance of February 5th.

Given the lead up time required for ad buys, this leaves us approximately 20 days to raise that $23 million.

If we are going to win, this will be possible, and we will build this momentum very quick naturally. But if not, if we do not place highly in the first 6 states, then we will not meet this goal, and we will not win.