PDA

View Full Version : N.H. Poll Shows McCain Leading Republican Primar

Bradley in DC
01-01-2008, 05:09 PM
N.H. Poll Shows McCain Leading Republican Primary
January 1st, 2008
This Suffolk University (Massachusetts) Poll of the New Hampshire primary shows John McCain leading in that primary. Should McCain become the Republican nominee, it is unlikely that Michael Bloomberg would choose to run as an independent candidate. Thanks to Political Wire for the news about the poll.

http://www.suffolk.edu/25902.html

With the New Hampshire Presidential Primaries just one week away, John McCain (31 percent) has overtaken Mitt Romney (25 percent) in the battle for the Republican nomination, according to a 7NEWS/Suffolk University poll released today. In last month’s 7NEWS/Suffolk University poll, McCain trailed Romney by 12 percent.

This is the first poll that has John McCain in first place in New Hampshire since 7News/Suffolk University began polling this race in March 2007.

Giuliani in third place
On the Republican side, Rudy Giuliani continues to poll third, with 14 percent, followed by Mike Huckabee (9 percent), Ron Paul (6 percent), Fred Thompson (2 percent), and Alan Keyes (1 percent). Twelve percent were undecided.

“Many of the Republican candidates have been talking about faith, but it looks like John McCain is headed for a religious experience in the Granite State,” said David Paleologos, director of the Suffolk University Political Research Center. “If these numbers hold up, New Hampshire Republicans may give McCain the nickname of Lazarus, rising from the dead.”

A string of newspaper endorsements for McCain, coupled with news articles questioning Romney’s consistency, have forced Romney to air attack ads on McCain in hopes of shifting the spotlight and salvaging a win here. The negative ads may have backfired for Romney, who has outspent McCain in New Hampshire by a wide margin.

hueylong
01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
We'll see how those numbers hold up when McCain finishes behind Dr. Paul in Iowa.

Huey

austin356
01-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I think this is good for us. For a while Mitt was pulling too far ahead to be reckoned with. No matter what our turnout we cannot compete with someone who has polling in the upper 30s when we are in the teens.

Hopefully Huckster will get a boost from Iowa. McCain will get knocked down after Iowa. And Mitt will drift downward when people get tired of his attack ads. Thompson having a decent showing in Iowa hopefully will help us too.

My point is we need to get as many people into the teens as possible. When 6 candidates are all less than 20% then we only need 20% to win, rather than the 30+% we need in most circumstances.

free.alive
01-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Ron Paul at 6%? Behind Huckster in NH? I call BS on the poll.

Who did they poll? Oh, and we know how rock solid polls are as well, how great indicators they are of likely results.

So if Bilderberg won't run if McCAIN gets the nod, does that mean that McCain is the MOST liberal Republican?

Luther
01-01-2008, 05:19 PM
I think this is good for us. For a while Mitt was pulling too far ahead to be reckoned with. No matter what our turnout we cannot compete with someone who has polling in the upper 30s when we are in the teens.

Your statement assumes that the opinion polls are accurate predictors of future electoral outcomes. When only a minority of the population votes, such an assumption is unwarranted.

Liberty
01-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Either this poll is total BS or the sheep really do vote for who the newspapers tell them to. We'll see shortly. They're trying hard to resurrect him.

KingTheoden
01-01-2008, 05:32 PM

Who did they poll? Oh, and we know how rock solid polls are as well, how great indicators they are of likely results.

So if Bilderberg won't run if McCAIN gets the nod, does that mean that McCain is the MOST liberal Republican?

Absolute, pure BS is this poll. I am calling it now: half the polls we see are literally just creations of the media. They wanted to promote Huck, so they came out with pretty ridiculous polls. They know that he is not in demand in NH, so the powers that be are trying to make it look like the 'maverick' McCain is back.

All stagecraft, none of it is reality.

Molly1
01-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Tracking polls
This poll kicks off a series of daily New Hampshire tracking polls to be conducted by 7NEWS/Suffolk University. Each poll will consider 250 likely Democratic and Republican primary voters statewide each day. A two-day rolling average of 500 Democrats and 500 Republicans will be reported every morning at 6:30 a.m. on 7NEWS Today in New England. Suffolk University Adjunct Professor David Paleologos will be available all week in Manchester, N.H., to comment on the latest trends and demographics and to offer political analysis. He may be reached at 781-290-9310 or 646-228-4448.

This 7NEWS-Suffolk University poll was conducted from Dec. 27 to Dec. 31, 2007. The margin of error for each party subsample of 300 respondents is +/- 5.65 percent at a 95 percent level of confidence. The 600-respondent margin of error is +/- 4 percent. All respondents were likely voters in the Jan. 8, 2008, New Hampshire presidential primary. Charts, marginals and 172 pages of cross-tabulation data will be available on the Suffolk University Political Research Center Web site at 6 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2008.

Somebody should call these people and ask them to do a statewide poll. This poll is only calling those voters who are registered Republican. Yes NH republicans want Mccain. Big deal. Go to the NH GOP website and see whose name is all over it.

But the majority of voters in NH are Independents. They can vote in either primary. And they can decide the day of the primary which primary to vote in--Democrat or Republican. Nobody is asking them who they are going to vote for. They could win the state for Ron Paul if only they knew his message. Most of them are anti-war. Do you really think they will vote for an old hawk like McCain?

Ron Paul should do his own polls. Call the campaign and tell them that.

acroso
01-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Fuck John McCain. When they say "anyone but the bitch," you wouldn't know it but they're really talking about McPain.

Hangly Man
01-01-2008, 06:42 PM

They poll registered republicans who voted in 2004. Our constituency is everyone else.

D B Branyers
01-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Absolute, pure BS is this poll. I am calling it now: half the polls we see are literally just creations of the media. They wanted to promote Huck, so they came out with pretty ridiculous polls. They know that he is not in demand in NH, so the powers that be are trying to make it look like the 'maverick' McCain is back.

All stagecraft, none of it is reality.

I wanted to believe that the media wouldn't sink this low, but I am starting to believe it. Very sad.

Adamsa
01-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Someone needs to ask Bloomberg about Ron Paul.

Johnnybags
01-01-2008, 06:53 PM
There is no way McCain is getting 30 percent of the vote, he might get 30 percent of 400 chamber of commerce amnesty Republicans polled though. I cannot wait for these charlatan polls to be revealed. Next they'll have a Fred Thompson surge to report. "FRED surging in Carolina? LOLOLOLOLOL. Its all useless.

Primbs
01-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Here is a closer look at McCain and other candidates.

http://leboutillier.blogspot.com/

Also a link to an article about McCain and his record.

http://usvetdsp.com/dec07/mccain_suicide_ptsd.htm