PDA

View Full Version : New BadA** RonPaul Myspace Layout

DXDoug
07-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Alright was checking Rons MySPace and OMG ITS FREAKING AMAZING

It even has a USA National DEBT counter lol this is Pretty Amazing id say best myspace layout ive ever seen@!

http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008

Who else just Loves It :D :D :D

LibertyOrDie
07-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Very professional... Just clean!!!

ThePieSwindler
07-13-2007, 10:28 PM
great pic of him too at the top!

LibertyOrDie
07-13-2007, 10:29 PM
The virtual magazine is a nice touch!

TheConstitutionLives
07-13-2007, 10:43 PM
No kidding! Probably the best MySpace layout I've seen. Nothing but the best FOR the best!

Kandilynn
07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
That's awesome.

"I was more than happy to help presidential candidate Ron Paul refresh his myspace's design. First of all, in my opinion, one of the most important things to show visitors was Ron Paul's face for the simple "Hey, I remember that guy!" effect to be passed on. Secondly, in the old layout, alot of space was being wasted by videos so I decided to group them into a single "On Demand" video player located at the top. The other main feature is the "virtual magazine". The purpose for this is to help provide a lot of information about the candidate while also providing the information in an entertaining and interactive way. This, by far, was the most detailed design I have done so far." -From the sirberus.com website.

If I ever want a professional website, I'm going to beg this guy to work for me!!!

Shellshock1918
07-13-2007, 10:45 PM
I like the debt counter and this picture:

http://www.sirberus.com/ronpaul/ron-paul_47.jpg

TheConstitutionLives
07-13-2007, 10:54 PM
I like the debt counter and this picture:

http://www.sirberus.com/ronpaul/ron-paul_47.jpg

That is sweet, isn't it.

ronpaulitician
07-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Sweet-looking page.

foofighter20x
07-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Grrr... It still doesn't say anywhere above the fold that he's running for president.

beermotor
07-14-2007, 05:34 AM
The virtual magazine is a nice touch!

Yeah, that was sort of cool...

Harry96
07-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Grrr... It still doesn't say anywhere above the fold that he's running for president.

The new myspace site is beautiful, but you're right, and that's a pet peeve of mine about Dr. Paul's official site and all of his official materials -- all it says is "Ron Paul 2008." For the life of me, I cannot imagine why the person who designed the logo and layout wouldn't add "for President" on it. We're still at the stage where most people don't know who RP is. I just looked at RonPaul2008.com again, and it's not immediately obvious what he's running for in 2008.

I bought a package of the informational cards from LibertyCard.org, and it's the same thing -- they look great, except nowhere on them does it say what office he's running for.

DjLoTi
07-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Whoa, dude, that is super krunk. Needs just a little bit of improvement touch-ups, but wow, absolutely amazing.

Electrostatic
07-14-2007, 05:58 AM
The Debt Clock is a nice addition... Scary, but nice.

DjLoTi
07-14-2007, 06:04 AM
Ok the only 1 suggestion I would make is to not make a plain white background where his friends and comments are.

Probably the most amazing profile I'd ever seen.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-14-2007, 06:26 AM
The new myspace site is beautiful, but you're right, and that's a pet peeve of mine about Dr. Paul's official site and all of his official materials -- all it says is "Ron Paul 2008." For the life of me, I cannot imagine why the person who designed the logo and layout wouldn't add "for President" on it. We're still at the stage where most people don't know who RP is. I just looked at RonPaul2008.com again, and it's not immediately obvious what he's running for in 2008.

I bought a package of the informational cards from LibertyCard.org, and it's the same thing -- they look great, except nowhere on them does it say what office he's running for.

I was arguing with a friend that we should drop "2008" from our shirt logo -- that much is understood -- and make "Ron Paul" and "President" bigger.

No one's going to think he's running for 2012 if you leave off the date, but they probably are going to think he's running for Congress. After all, he's a Congressman.

Harry96
07-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Right, 2008 is implied. The slogan "Hope for America" is usually part of the logo, and "Be a Part of It" often is too. Those three elements are fine, but they could just as easily not be there and it wouldn't hurt anything. But not mentioning that he's running for president is almost as bad as not mentioning his name.

His bio at the bottom of the home page at RonPaul2008 further confuses things because it identifies him as a Congressman. That's fine, but without mentioning that he's running for president, one could easily look at that site and think it's for his Congressional campaign.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Lock the font size, if you can. I use the CTRL+mouseWheel feature to upsize fonts a few points, and that will move graphics around unpredictably.

Otherwise, I agree with everyone, it looks stunning!