PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well.

jasonjasonjason1
01-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Look what happens when they poll ALL adults, and not just likely voters.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/party_affiliation/partisan_trends

I wonder why everyone's switching to Republican? :)

Jodi
01-01-2008, 04:13 PM
I can't wait for the huckster to spin it that they are coming over for him, when it is likely the switch is to Ron Paul.

Wyurm
01-01-2008, 04:18 PM

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/party_affiliation/partisan_trends

Boredom, it has to be out of boredom. I'm sure there's no other reason :p

lynnf
01-01-2008, 04:40 PM

from the article: "It’s interesting to note that this did not improve President Bush’s Job Approval ratings while helping the Republican Party overall."

hmmmm...... a bunch of anti-Bush Republicans..... I wonder what that means?

lynn

hueylong
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
It's very interesting that the change in the trend line happened just as Ron Paul began to move, and we began working to have people register Republican for the primaries...

I don't usually grasp at statistical straws like this, but this one looks big, juicy and chewy...

Huey

freelance
01-01-2008, 04:51 PM
This is just about the best spin I have ever seen:

The December gains for the GOP coincide with increased public confidence in the War on Terror.

FreedomWon
01-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Hmmmm...indeed. Another under the radar fact that makes the polls totally without merit.

I wonder when it will be obvious to all Americans that when the Old Media said: "Ron Paul can't win." they really meant, " we won't let him win"

Jeremy
01-01-2008, 04:55 PM
This is obviously because of Paul... but they don't know that =p

Daveforliberty
01-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't think it's spin. I think they honestly don't get it. And if you told them the shift was almost 100% Ron Paul, they'd laugh. But it's only who has the last laugh that's important!

wgadget
01-01-2008, 05:35 PM
This is just about the best spin I have ever seen:

Yessirree! The surge is WORKING.

Mark
01-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Boredom, it has to be out of boredom. I'm sure there's no other reason :p

Very good!

I assure you, as a original Democrat register - then Independent for many many years now -

and who at first thought it wouldn't matter to do so since my State doesn't restrict me from voting Republican as an Independent.

it was quite the shock to my system to become a Republican - even to be doing so for the great man Dr. Ron Paul.

Point being - I would surmise that nearly 100% of the new Republicans are becoming so solely for Ron's benefit.

purepaloma
01-01-2008, 06:58 PM
This is great info !

VoluntaryMan
01-01-2008, 07:01 PM
In real numbers, this is about a 10% increase over the previous year, which means 2 things: 1) none of these new voters are being polled as "likely voters," and 2) the overwhelming majority of them are likely Paul voters, since they don't like the neocon, fake conservative Bush.

Conservative breakdown of likely meaning, using recent polling data:

[The final Rasmussen Reports Presidential poll for 2007]
John McCain 17% (10% turnout = 17 votes out of 1000)
Mitt Romney 16% (10% turnout = 16 votes out of 1000)
Mike Huckabee 16% (20% turnout = 32 votes out of 1000)
Rudy Giuliani 15% (10% turnout = 15 votes out of 1000)
Fred Thompson 12% (10% turnout = 12 votes out of 1000)
Ron Paul 7% (40% turnout = 28 votes out of 1000)

This takes into account strong and proportional turnout for ALL candidates, but especially for Hackubee and Paul, respectively (which I think is a more than fair estimate). What isn't taken into account is the impact of the new Republican (anti-Bush?) voters, and undeclared voters. However, assuming a proportional breakdown among undeclared (although a lower turnout), and a strong tilt among the approximately 10% (since last December) of new voters (100 potential votes per 1000), this could strongly favor Dr. Paul. This is definitely encouraging, but the caveat is that we need both growth and high turnout to ensure victory; this will be a struggle to the very end. We should continue to strive for a maximum conversion rate and 100% turnout among Paul supporters.

Looks like the FOX might be caught with some major egg on its face.

slamhead
01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Got to be because Bush did such a good job.

nc4rp
01-01-2008, 07:04 PM
and i havnt even switched my registration yet, check the stats next month and i bet they will be alot higher.

Wyurm
01-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Very good!

I assure you, as a original Democrat register - then Independent for many many years now -

and who at first thought it wouldn't matter to do so since my State doesn't restrict me from voting Republican as an Independent.

it was quite the shock to my system to become a Republican - even to be doing so for the great man Dr. Ron Paul.

Point being - I would surmise that nearly 100% of the new Republicans are becoming so solely for Ron's benefit.

I'm positive of it and have been hoping for this report for a while now. The above comment was sarcasm due to how the article is worded. It makes it seem as if some Democrats have inexplicably decided to embrace the war.