PDA

View Full Version : I want to ask HQ to sponsor the next moneybomb

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 03:47 PM
I am so worried that we have become unfocused with too many mneybomb ideas that we are getting uneffective. We have too many money bombs floating around and people don't know which way to turn. If we can get HQ to give us the day and the goal and post it front and center on the main page of RP2008, we could focus and get our asses in gear promoting it, making video's, creating the buzz! Otherwise I am afraid we are just too fragmented with all the ideas right now and are going to fail miserably at them all.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

hueylong
01-01-2008, 03:48 PM
That's the whole point silly. HQ does not coordinate money bombs. They're done by the grassroots.

It's not broken. Stop trying to fix it.

Huey

dvictr
01-01-2008, 03:49 PM
booo central planning... HQ wants donations every day and the daily average is over 100,000 no bad... the market for the message will decide when to bomb the campaign

cien750hp
paydays are going to be more effective than moneybombs now. and i do not think they want to interfere with grassroots, they want to let us do what we want.

katao
Agreed - they also have the benefit of having email addresses for every single previous contributor, allowing quick and thorough publicity of the event. A truly well-coordinated effort by HQ with email signups, etc, could easily double our past efforts...

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 03:50 PM
That's the whole point silly. HQ does not coordinate money bombs. They're done by the grassroots.

It's not broken. Stop trying to fix it.

Huey

That's my point. I think we are broken right now and need something to focus on. We have too many money bombs floating around and people do not know what to do :confused:

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 03:54 PM
paydays are going to be more effective than moneybombs now. and i do not think they want to interfere with grassroots, they want to let us do what we want.

I wish I felt that was the case but I have to disagree. The only reason we have collected 20M this quarter was because of the buzz created around the money bombs. We will never be able to collect 23M without the gimmick MB's.

I'm sure HQ just wishes w3 could duplicate what we have done on our own but we are broken right now. We need them to focs us. All they have to do is come up with the day and the goal. We can do the rest.

dircha
01-01-2008, 03:55 PM
There's no legal reason the campaign can't hire someone to create the website and marketing materials to be used to promote it, which we can ad to on our own on places like YouTube and MySpace.

The campaign created the large fundraising push at the end of 3rd quarter, and we promoted it.

They created the 3 day fundraising push for the first set of major radio ads, and we promoted it.

We need to raise $23 million IN 20 DAYS in order to meet the objectives set by the official campaign.

PatriotOne
Agreed - they also have the benefit of having email addresses for every single previous contributor, allowing quick and thorough publicity of the event. A truly well-coordinated effort by HQ with email signups, etc, could easily double our past efforts...

That is a definate plus Katao! They can bring in thousands of pledges just using that.

ChristopherJ

+1

The grassroots got the ball rolling. They have hundreds of thousands of e-mail addresses at their disposal now. It would take very little effort on their part to pick a date and send out e-mails then the grassroots could take over and promote the hell out of it.

hueylong
01-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Jeez -- we just raised 50% more than our 4th quarter goal! Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because you're confused doesn't make it broken.

These things get handled by the grassroots marketplace. Good ideas rise, bad ideas flounder.

The campaign has enough to do without getting involved in all that.

Get a grip.

Huey

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:01 PM
There's no legal reason the campaign can't hire someone to create the website and marketing materials to be used to promote it, which we can ad to on our own on places like YouTube and MySpace.

The campaign created the large fundraising push at the end of 3rd quarter, and we promoted it.

They created the 3 day fundraising push for the first set of major radio ads, and we promoted it.

We need to raise $23 million IN 20 DAYS in order to meet the objectives set by the official campaign.

Yes. All they really need to do is create the webpage (hopefully they put it front and center on their MySpace and the RP2008 website. They can send out press releases, messages to all their MySpace members to make pledges, and RP2008 mailing lists and whatever else kind of lists they have.

We can do all the other stuff we do with no problem. I think we just need a focal point right now to get the ball rolling.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I am so worried that we have become unfocused with too many mneybomb ideas that we are getting uneffective. We have too many money bombs floating around and people don't know which way to turn. If we can get HQ to give us the day and the goal and post it front and center on the main page of RP2008, we could focus and get our asses in gear promoting it, making video's, creating the buzz! Otherwise I am afraid we are just too fragmented with all the ideas right now and are going to fail miserably at them all.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

HQ sucks at planning things.

The big money bombs that the grassroots are coalescing around are/were the New Year's Eve Bomb (already over), the Pay Days, and Benjamin Franklin Day (January 17th).

literatim
01-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I would like to see the campaign participate. They have resources that grassroots can never obtain while we have the ability to take it viral as before. There is simply nothing to lose by getting the campaign to help us out.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Jeez -- we just raised 50% more than our 4th quarter goal! Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because you're confused doesn't make it broken.

These things get handled by the grassroots marketplace. Good ideas rise, bad ideas flounder.

The campaign has enough to do without getting involved in all that.

Get a grip.

Huey

There comes a point where too many people are putting out ideas Huey. We are at that point and are not able to focus as evidenced by all the different money bomb sites and thei lack of enthusiam by the people for any of the money bombs. The pledges are low, there hasn't been any enthusiam with people making video's, no major pushes by our usual friendly bloggers, news websites, etc. Without all that and more, we can not make any of them successful.

literatim
01-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Let's not forget that Trevor is basically missing and there is no one else to become a focal point for the grassroots.

Paulbot_9876
01-01-2008, 04:09 PM
there is only one money bomb to focus on this year.....ben frankilins.....that is the onlyone that matters...no other one should excist in our minds till that one is done and over with.....that one will be the gran daddy of all so far....it needs to be promoted hard core....
we make more money with our money bombs than any other way...check the stats..... 2 money bomb days made over 10 million..... that is over half the money raised all year....
we must focus on one money bomb at a time.....

literatim
01-01-2008, 04:14 PM
There is no reason that the official campaign couldn't promote a donation day on the same day of our money bomb. Basically keep the separate, but coordinated.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:14 PM

The big money bombs that the grassroots are coalescing around are/were the New Year's Eve Bomb (already over), the Pay Days, and Benjamin Franklin Day (January 17th).

Unfortunately the New Years Eve money bomb was a dismal failure. In actuality, there was only about 175k donated when you take out the 200k in offline donations. IMO it failed because of the reasons I cited. Too many ideas due and we lacked enthusiam and were confused because of it. Our promotion of the NYE money bomb just didn't happen. I couldn't even get but handful of people to help email the meet up groups yesterday to start donating!

The pay days aen't successful at this point and Benjamin Franklin Day isn't taking off like it should either. Where's the buzz? Where's the excitement? Where's the push? You might be excited about it but I don't see too many people excited other than a few.

Jeremy
01-01-2008, 04:16 PM
They don't support money bombs because. They support donating in general.

davidt!
01-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Next big money bomb needs to be the Franklin one on the 17th. That needs to be the big one. I don't really like the payday idea but that's just me.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Let's not forget that Trevor is basically missing and there is no one else to become a focal point for the grassroots.

Plus, unfortunately, Trevor has been made into some kind of bad guy by people (undeserved IMO). I think we have become too polarized to rally around a person here on the forum or just too confused by too many people wanting to lead the way and throws up a money bomb website on a whim.

IMO, the only way to fix this is for HQ to give us the focal point so we can all swing into gear and promote it and create the buzz.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 04:18 PM
there is only one money bomb to focus on this year.....ben frankilins.....that is the onlyone that matters...no other one should excist in our minds till that one is done and over with.....
we must focus on one money bomb at a time.....

Which means the campaign will have to wait until 19 days out from Super Tuesday to start buying ad time... and won't know if the money will be there until then...

Franklin is doing GREAT, but we shouldn't ask it to achieve too big a fraction of the total figure. Some earlier activity is needed...

My suggestion is here... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70529)

For Liberty!

Mike D.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:21 PM
They don't support money bombs because. They support donating in general.

They've done it before actually. Much earlier there was that meet up group competition. Whoever donated the most, etc., got a visit from RP. I know they would love it if the money just came in on a regular basis but I just do not see that happening without the money bombs. The reason Nov 5th and Dec 16th were so successful was because of all the excitement and promotion and buzz. We MADE them happen.

literatim
01-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Which means the campaign will have to wait until 19 days out from Super Tuesday to start buying ad time... and won't know if the money will be there until then...

Franklin is doing GREAT, but we shouldn't ask it to achieve too big a fraction of the total figure. Some earlier activity is needed...

For Liberty!

Mike D.

The campaign has money and not having this money bomb isn't going to give them more money quicker. Money bombs motivate people who wouldn't normally donate and those that would donate, donate more than they ever would. There is a major psychological factor to it.

Your suggestion is pointless because no one will listen. If an idea does not create enthusiasm, it won't get done.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:24 PM

I don't mean to be negative with these efforts. I really wish I could envision them being successful. Unfortunately we are broken and the only way I can see us focusing is if we get HQ to give us something to focus on. That and their donor databases would really help us get the ball rolling.

austin356
01-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes this needs to be done.; money bombs are essentially useless if there is confusion and disagreements about when the bomb is/should be.

atthegates
01-01-2008, 04:30 PM
what happened the MLK one?

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:30 PM
The campaign has money and not having this money bomb isn't going to give them more money quicker. Money bombs motivate people who wouldn't normally donate and those that would donate, donate more than they ever would. There is a major psychological factor to it.

Your suggestion is pointless because no one will listen. If an idea does not create enthusiasm, it won't get done.

Good point. I think the enthusiam part is what is missing these days. And IMO it is because there are just too many darn ideas out there and people don't know what to focus on. We need to be told what to focus on right now as we are wandering around like lost children. HQ is the only people that I can see most people rallying around.

I don't mean to negae the valiant efforts of others but like you said, without people being enthused, it just isn't going to work!

Paulbot_9876
01-01-2008, 04:33 PM

For Liberty!

Mike D.

two well cordinated money bombs raise over 10 million..... and you say don't ask to achieve a big fraction from it????? we have got new donors.... people who have maxed out last time cn now donate again....the 17th can and will be huge if word gets out....it can bring over 10 million on one day...we are going to break that 1 day 10 million mark...that is my goal....to actually do what we have been trying from the first money bomb.... we can do this now on the 17th... am i the onlyone who wants to see a 10 million + day....fu!@ no im not.....i want a 10 million one day haul.... promote this 17th hard..... and you will see us break a new record again............

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes this needs to be done.; money bombs are essentially useless if there is confusion and disagreements about when the bomb is/should be.

Thanks Austin. I am glad I am not the only one who sees this. The lack of enthusiam and confusion is scaring me and bumming me out big time. I fear that we won't even come CLOSE to the 23M.

RON PAUL 4409
01-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I flew to New Hampshire from Phoenix for Operation Live Free or Die....and I will tell you THE HQ SUCKS.

Let me repeat---- HQ SUCKS.

They always suck and nothing will change that...

We the People decide not some dickweed at HQ.

If you want to be a top down person go work for the Romney campign they could always use a soldier like yourself that will take orders and shut up!

This is a grassroots effort that's why we are so strong and why we will not be stopped. When the campign starts telling people when and where to donate it will fizzle out. He raised 20 million for Gods sakes....nothing is broken...lol

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:34 PM

Kind of made my point. It's just another money bomb out there that has no enthusiam, no buzz created, no push, no nothing.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 04:38 PM
I flew to New Hampshire from Phoenix for Operation Live Free or Die....and I will tell you THE HQ SUCKS.

Let me repeat---- HQ SUCKS.

They always suck and nothing will change that...

We the People decide not some dickweed at HQ.

If you want to be a top down person go work for the Romney campign they could always use a soldier like yourself that will take orders and shut up!

This is a grassroots effort that's why we are so strong and why we will not be stopped. When the campign starts telling people when and where to donate it will fizzle out. He raised 20 million for Gods sakes....nothing is broken...lol

I agree that we could not expect HQ to be the sole leader in this effort. The only thing I would expect from HQ would be a focal point...they pocik a day and a goal and put it on their website so we can all agree what the goal is and know where to concentrate. That and them using their donor/suporter databases to email for pledges. The rest would be up to us and we would do what we always do when we get motivated. It's our lack of motivation right now on what to promote that is the problem.

pacelli
01-01-2008, 04:40 PM
We need to stop talking about moneybomb planning and get with the program. 20 days to raise 23 million dollars. We don't have time to plan for more moneybombs. We need to make existing moneybombs viral all over the net for maximum exposure, or we will not meet the fundraising goal.

If we don't meet the fundraising goal, campaign HQ will not have the money to keep the campaign going. Its really as simple as that. The responsibility goes far beyond these forums.

Paulbot_9876
01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
might i say that our money bombs should be focused on days from our founding fathers.....they do add to the revolution quite nicely......

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-01-2008, 04:46 PM
There comes a point where too many people are putting out ideas Huey. We are at that point and are not able to focus as evidenced by all the different money bomb sites and thei lack of enthusiam by the people for any of the money bombs. The pledges are low, there hasn't been any enthusiam with people making video's, no major pushes by our usual friendly bloggers, news websites, etc. Without all that and more, we can not make any of them successful.

Do you need some ideas on things you to can do to help? I can give you some ideas. There's also plenty in this forum.

rfbz
01-01-2008, 04:50 PM
the first day of the quarter isn't even over with and all the sudden there's supposedly this mass confusion and people are calling for leadership and more HQ involvement? Seriously, get a grip. Like someone said earlier, if ain't broke don't fix it.

Anthony T
01-01-2008, 04:50 PM
It doesn't matter when or how the money is raised, just get the money in there.

smartguy911
01-01-2008, 05:01 PM
That's my point. I think we are broken right now and need something to focus on. We have too many money bombs floating around and people do not know what to do :confused:

FOCUS on Ron Paul Pay Day :D

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 05:07 PM
the first day of the quarter isn't even over with and all the sudden there's supposedly this mass confusion and people are calling for leadership and more HQ involvement? Seriously, get a grip. Like someone said earlier, if ain't broke don't fix it.

Our last money bomb only made 200k. I say that's pretty good evidence we are broken when we so badly wanted to get past 20M.

Anthony T
01-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Our last money bomb only made 200k. I say that's pretty good evidence we are broken when we so badly wanted to get past 20M.
Or broke from the holidays and other money bombs. You need to actively get new donors not spend all your time online.

anewvoice
01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
We, the grassroots, have run this campaign, Ron Paul himself admits as much.

However, does that mean that HQ cannot do their own large fundraising moment? Just think if every single person on their 200k list donated all at once, they have the ability to do so.

If them doing a money bomb makes more money, so be it, we're here for the same thing!

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 05:13 PM
FOCUS on Ron Paul Pay Day :D

I think RP's Payday is a great idea but 8k a week isn't going to cut it. Plus it doesn't create the excitement we need to bring in the big hauls.

literatim
01-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Ron Paul's Pay Day is a failure.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Or broke from the holidays and other money bombs. You need to actively get new donors not spend all your time online.

Going door to door getting new donors is not going to bring in 23M. I'm pretty sure my idea of having sportsbook.com put a betting line on the Dec. 16th moneybomb (and subsequently 2 other online betting websites) which created massive attention to the bomb itself, brought in many more dollars in donatons than if I had spent 10 years going door to door. Also, I requested Alex Jones to put on the Money Bomb thermometer on his website on Dec. 16th, which he did front and center on his homepage, undoubtably brought in hundreds of thousands of donations from his readers. Again, I can do way more on the internet with that kind of stuff than I could wearing out 100 pairs of tennis shoes. Not that there is anything wrong with going door to door for goodness sakes, but for you to tell me to not spend time on the internet is really silly considering what this community has done online to raise money. Maybe you don't understand what all leads up to the big money bombs but those of us who have been marketing them online sure do. I guarantee it's not because people are going door to door! That's bringing voters, not big money!

fourameuphoria
01-01-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm all for having campaign hq get involved in a moneybomb. A few random e-mails by them gets $100K on a whim. If they used their resources, and we used ours, they could get the money *easily*. Plus, the grassroots broke records not once, but twice, so I don't think it will compromise the campaign's grassroots nature if the campaign itself get involved for once.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Ron Paul's Pay Day is a failure.

I think it serves the purpose of those who feel comfortable having a scheduled donations but it sure isn't going to make 23M :(

01-01-2008, 05:30 PM

People ditched it because there was too much worry over being seen as opportunist for taking MLK Day, and because MLK (except for his racial equality views) had a lot of anti-libertarian, communist/statist views.

Michigan11
01-01-2008, 05:36 PM
STFU everybody -

After Thursday, our support will be ready to rally!

Be ready

bobmurph
01-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I think it serves the purpose of those who feel comfortable having a scheduled donations but it sure isn't going to make 23M :(

Ummm....wrong. I think we've already proven we can hit any goal...no reason the Payday couldn't generate $23 M over 5 weeks. The only reason it will fail is because of the refusal of so many to support it.

What baffles me is this...Why would anyone be opposed to donating $30-$50 just for these next 2 weeks just to give it a shot? The naysayers are condemning this idea before even giving it a chance. The real reason the payday hasn't taken off is because it hasn't been marketed well...ala youtubes and good websites.

We can't even get people to decide on a f*cking date for the next money bomb. How about instaed of being such a critic people just sack up and donate on January 4th?

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I think we've already proven we can hit any goal...no reason the Payday couldn't generate $23 M over 5 weeks. The only reason it will fail is because of the refusal of so many to support it.

Exactly. The reason it will not bring in 23M is because people are not supporting it. We can not make people support it unless they want to.

What baffles me is this...Why would anyone be opposed to donating $30-$50 just for these next 2 weeks just to give it a shot? The naysayers are condemning this idea before even giving it a chance. The real reason the payday hasn't taken off is because it hasn't been marketed well...ala youtubes and good websites.

That very well may be so but unless there is enthusiam around this project it isn't going to happen. There isn't the enthusiam to create the buzz much less bring in 23M.

We can't even get people to decide on a f*cking date for the next money bomb.

Which is why I sggest letting HQ sponser the next money bomb. At least we won't have 10 different ones to choose from which in actuality just means most won't support any of them due to confusion and not enough enthusiam for one of them.

Your whole post kind of made my point, though I don't think you were agreeing with me :D

01-01-2008, 05:49 PM
We can't even get people to decide on a f*cking date for the next money bomb.

Benjamin Franklin Day on January 17th seems to be where everyone is coalescing.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 05:59 PM
People ditched it because there was too much worry over being seen as opportunist for taking MLK Day, and because MLK (except for his racial equality views) had a lot of anti-libertarian, communist/statist views.

I was ready to support that one until about a dozen others popped up out of nowhere.

Aspiring.....are you the main person behind the Benjamin Franklin MB? Was it your idea and is it your website? If so, it's looking really good. I really wish I had some confidence that people would get behind it. I know I would gladly do so. Believe me when I say it's not me I am worried about, it's just my observations of what is going on on this board. There is just too much confusion and no enthusiam for any one project and so few people stepping up to the plate to create buzz for any of them, etc.

I really am just worried :(

bobmurph
01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Benjamin Franklin Day on January 17th seems to be where everyone is coalescing.

Yes, the 17th is definitely getting more support than any of the others...but we need YOUTUBES...really inspiring youtubes dedicated to this money bomb. If we are to hit the goal for January then we need to the next bomb to be nearly 4 times as successful as the tea party. I was ultra optimistic for the tea party (thought we would easily eclipse $10M...still think we would have if it had been on a weekday), but after that $6M performance, while still very impressive, I am skeptical that a money bomb has the ability to raise $15M+.

My two cents...we need to strongly encourage donations greater than $100 for the next payday. Average doantions of $100 & median $50 will NOT raise $20M. Success on Feb 5th hinges on Jan 17th being hugely successful. Plus, is the 17th too late to buy spots for super tuesday advertising?

davidt!
01-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I vote for the 17th (Franklin) as the next "Big" Money bomb. It seems most are leaning toward that. We need to start spreading this as the next "Big" day. Maybe we need a sticky for this?