PDA

View Full Version : Consensus Please!

dblee
01-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm beginning to see videos on Youtube for all sorts of different Money Bombs and it's starting to get confusing.

Could someone who is leading one of these money bombs or is at least more familiar than I am with the various attempts work on contacting all the organizers and working towards a consensus?

I realize we are grassroots, but for this effort to have any impact we must have some sort of coordination.

Cleaner44
01-01-2008, 03:23 PM
How about if I or someone else creates a website just for gathering all of the chip-ins and projects that need funding?

hueylong
01-01-2008, 03:23 PM
The grassroots is a marketplace. There can be no forced consensus.

The better ideas will rise to the top and be supported...

Huey

dblee
01-01-2008, 03:27 PM
huey, i too support the free market.

however all great endeavors require at least a modicum of organization, especially massive collective efforts like this.

we simply don't have the time to dilute our efforts at this time, this is not top down organization, the energy still comes from the individuals. however we need to get them to at least talk to each other

btw, i thought you were dead...

hueylong
01-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I am dead. I rose from the grave to support Dr. Paul.

And the revolution doesn't need top down "organization". It functions more like a "hive".

It is essentially self-organizing... Good ideas flourish, bad ideas are weeded out. The marketplace decides.

And by the way, there are already lots of websites 'organizing' aspects of the non-official campaign.

Huey

dblee
01-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Welcome back.

Fine, call it an idea competing in the free market. Lets get this narrowed down to a one week carpet bomb at the very least!

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi DBLee,

I am trying to get page views to two threads where I define an approach to organize our response to the influx of new supporters we will experience this week and next.

They are here in this sub-forum, here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70452) and here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70529)...

Please read and comment.

For Liberty,

Mike D.

faisal
01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
ya this is getting confusing

mbrebstock
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
some of the big ron paul sites have to promote one money bomb. this has to be done fast!

ronpaultvchannel
01-03-2008, 06:00 AM
lymans money bomb is on JAN21 freeatlast2008

http://freeatlast2008.com/

ronpaultvchannel
01-03-2008, 06:06 AM
lyman is the man WE NEED TO GET BEHIND JAN 21 ON HIS MONEY BOMB DATE

Thumper
01-03-2008, 06:28 AM
I think at this point it's important that we focus on just donating, regardless of the different money bombs. The campaign is going to need a consistent influx of cash for upcoming media buys in the Super Tuesday states. Hopefully, our performance in Iowa and NH will bring a surge of new supporters onboard, and we need to focus on getting all of those new folks to donate to the campaign just like all of us have.

francioshouse
01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
We are already 3 days into January. The campaign needs $23 million before the end of the month. Consensus building requires to much time. Just start donating. Yes a one day money bomb of $10 million will generate attention but so to will $23 million in 3 weeks. We do not need a central hub, or a single large bomb. We need money period. And we need it now. The more websites out there asking for money, the more publicity we get. And that is the point. To create buzz about money. I don't care who does it, when or how. Just as long as it gets done. In 3 days we've gotten less than $100,000. We all know our goal is $23 million. As individuals we have already failed. We are millions behind already. Stop talking and start doing.

mdevour
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Consensus building requires too much time. Just start donating. Yes a one day money bomb of $10 million will generate attention but so to will $23 million in 3 weeks. We do not need a central hub, or a single large bomb. We need money period. And we need it now. The more websites out there asking for money, the more publicity we get. And that is the point. To create buzz about money.

I'll grant you we can get by without the "hub" idea, as long as we can get other things happening anyway.

This idea (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72157), I think, can help generate that buzz, can get organized fairly quickly, and won't be attempting anything too difficult... beyond trying to set the tone and get us drifting in the right direction...

We, Ron Paul supporters, need to ramp up a special CELEBRATION...

* Thank you to Iowa and Iowans for your support!

* Thank you volunteers and organizers for all your hard work!

* Thank you Ron Paul, for your message of HOPE!

* WELCOME to all the new people joining the Revolution!

* RIGHT NOW, RON PAUL SUPPORTERS EVERYWHERE ARE THROWING A PARTY TO CELEBRATE THIS HISTORIC EVENT AND RAISE THE MONEY DR. PAUL NEEDS TO BLITZ 20 STATES AND WIN ON SUPER TUESDAY!!!

Join us NOW!

It needs a web site, graphic design, and some people behind key web sites and blogs to link to it. The concept is almost organic, in that it mirrors what we will probably be doing spontaneously if the caucus results are not abysmal.

I have the idea and no useful skills to implement it. The rest is up to you folks!

For Liberty!

Mike D.

prlgrl
01-03-2008, 02:48 PM
some of the big ron paul sites have to promote one money bomb. this has to be done fast!

edit removed