PDA

View Full Version : New user, First Post! About this $23 million.

ZzzImAsleep
01-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Sorry if this thread is redundant......

Has there been a consensus reached about how we are going to achieve getting that much money in such a short amount of time. I'm in college and at the moment I am tapped out. Giving big chunks on the money bomb days kinda maxed me out for now :p

The idea of a pay day was the most appealing idea I have heard so far......$25 a week does not sound too bad. The problem seems to be getting enough people to commit.

WilliamC
01-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Two ingredients needed.
One--strong showings in Iowa and New Hampshire.
Two--lot's of new donors.

If we get those, the 23 million is doable. With the current base of support...I have my doubts. Sure most of the current donors are no where near maxed out, but there is a big psychological factor. People want to win, not just spend money to get a message out. If Ron Paul places first in either Iowa or New Hampshire I would predict thousands of new donors within a week. Even if he only places in the top 3 in both States he will pick up momentum. But nothing beats first place.

Next weekend we will know.

Oh yes, Welcome To The Revolution!

Dan Klaus
01-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Next weekend we will know.

There it is...if we pull off good finishes - the funds will flow...although I have donated almost exclusively to the campaign - I'm liking the grassroots efforts more and more and might direct my donations there - or at least split them with chip-ins..

Welcome to the boards...hope you stick around...

Sey.Naci
01-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Has there been a consensus reached about how we are going to achieve getting that much money in such a short amount of time. I'm in college and at the moment I am tapped out. Giving big chunks on the money bomb days kinda maxed me out for now :p

The idea of a pay day was the most appealing idea I have heard so far......$25 a week does not sound too bad. The problem seems to be getting enough people to commit.If you support Ron Paul's Payday, and a) add your pledge, then b) add a link to the site in your forum (and email?) signature, like so...

hillertexas
01-01-2008, 02:47 PM

The idea of a pay day was the most appealing idea I have heard so far......$25 a week does not sound too bad. The problem seems to be getting enough people to commit.

Welcome to the forum! :)

yongrel
Welcom to the forums. To answer your question, there are multiple consensi. ;)

bobmurph
support the payday. $25 this friday January 4th.

Myerz
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
welcome....

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-01-2008, 02:57 PM
There will be a massive moneybomb to try to push Ron Paul past $23 million a few weeks ahead of schedule, by January 17th, on Benjamin Franklin Day. Pledge $100 at http://www.BenjaminsforPaul.com or http://www.100forFranklin.com

Lord Xar
01-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Does the campaign have an option for RECURRING BILLING ON THEIR SITE - FOR DONATIONS???

This is something I brought up over a month ago - and I believe other campaigns do it.

mdevour
01-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the revolution, ZzzImAsleep. I'll bet you're more awake than you've been in a while! :D

I'm pleased with the traction the Franklins for Paul moneybomb is pulling, but I'm trying to encourage us to organize our response to the influx of new Ron Paul supporters that are coming our way after Iowa and New Hampshire.

Read my take on the $23 million challenge here... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70452)

And my proposal for the Ron Paul Super Tuesday web site here... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70529)

I can only hope we won't let this chance slip away. Let us know what you think!

Thanks!

Mike D.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Campaign HQ needs to host a money bomb. We have become just too unfocused with too many ideas. People don't know which way to turn. If they picked a day and a goal we could all get down to business making video's, promoting it on blogs, promoting it on friendly news sites...,you know, creating the buzz!. If HQ doesn't focus us, I just see us floating and not accomplishing much as far as money bombs go.

mad cow
01-01-2008, 04:38 PM
I am 56 years old and like many my age,not so hot with computers and such.The only thing people my age have over most on this forum is disposable income.
I was going to donate the max to Ron Paul,heard about the money bombs and thought it would generate good publicity so I waited until 12/16 to give.
I went to the website and tried and tried without success,my msnTV (webTV) had all of the CC stuff scrunched up on the right and there was no phone number for donations.I had a campaign letter from APRIL with a "call in your gift today" phone number,called,talked to a human,and donated $2300 by CC in less than 5 minutes.
Most would not have this letter.

On to yesterday and the blimp.
Went to the web site,again no phone number anywhere,and it took about an hour of it rejecting my perfectly good credit cards before it would accept my $1000 on a card it had previously rejected.

Bear in mind that I am VERY motivated,I gave Ron Paul $500 in '88 and have been dreaming of this day ever since.Many people,esp. my age, would donate sums on an impulse buy after a news report or a blimp sighting that would have many here eating raimen noodles for a week without even noticing it,so long as it takes about 3 minutes or so.Some don't trust computers,some can't handle computers,many will just get frustrated and give up.
After about ten minutes many of them are gonna think "when I bought my George Foreman Grill,operators were standing by."sign off and go about their business.

Please make this simpler.

celticsman7
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
January 17 and January 21, though they will be as hyped as December 16, will probably only generate at the most $11 million together. We need an ingenious idea to get $23 million in just 35 days.

austin356
01-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I am 56 years old and like many my age,not so hot with computers and such.The only thing people my age have over most on this forum is disposable income.
I was going to donate the max to Ron Paul,heard about the money bombs and thought it would generate good publicity so I waited until 12/16 to give.
I went to the website and tried and tried without success,my msnTV (webTV) had all of the CC stuff scrunched up on the right and there was no phone number for donations.I had a campaign letter from APRIL with a "call in your gift today" phone number,called,talked to a human,and donated $2300 by CC in less than 5 minutes.
Most would not have this letter.

On to yesterday and the blimp.
Went to the web site,again no phone number anywhere,and it took about an hour of it rejecting my perfectly good credit cards before it would accept my $1000 on a card it had previously rejected.

Bear in mind that I am VERY motivated,I gave Ron Paul $500 in '88 and have been dreaming of this day ever since.Many people,esp. my age, would donate sums on an impulse buy after a news report or a blimp sighting that would have many here eating raimen noodles for a week without even noticing it,so long as it takes about 3 minutes or so.Some don't trust computers,some can't handle computers,many will just get frustrated and give up.
After about ten minutes many of them are gonna think "when I bought my George Foreman Grill,operators were standing by."sign off and go about their business.

Please make this simpler.

Sorry for your troubles. I am glad you are more motivated than the average Paul supporter cause the average person would have just given up and become disenfranchised after a few tries.

Just for information.....If by chance you have a spouse or family that wants to donate 877-RON-2008 is a way to reach the Presidential Campaign.

mad cow
01-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Sorry for your troubles. I am glad you are more motivated than the average Paul supporter cause the average person would have just given up and become disenfranchised after a few tries.

Just for information.....If by chance you have a spouse or family that wants to donate 877-RON-2008 is a way to reach the Presidential Campaign.

I had a number to call(1-800-766-7285) from my april letter.Most won't.That is my point.

What is needed is a LARGE notice,that people can read without their bifocals :D,on the top of the first page of the websites saying something like "WANT TO DONATE BY PHONE? CALL XXX-XXX-XXXX).
As of 12/16 2007 on the campaign site and yesterday on the blimp site,no such number existed.In fact I could find no phone number ANYWHERE on either site.
Human operators would be best but even an automated system would work.

Anybody with contacts in the campaign or with the blimp people,please suggest something like this to them.

werdd
01-01-2008, 05:59 PM
also gotta realize that NO ONE is maxxed out now. The donations have started over, and you can donate another 2300 to ron paul for the general election

E. Nordstrom
01-01-2008, 06:24 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Campaign HQ needs to host a money bomb. We have become just too unfocused with too many ideas. People don't know which way to turn. If they picked a day and a goal we could all get down to business making video's, promoting it on blogs, promoting it on friendly news sites...,you know, creating the buzz!. If HQ doesn't focus us, I just see us floating and not accomplishing much as far as money bombs go.

Want focus?

Come to http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

The CENTRAL HUB for all online donation event information.

WilliamC
01-01-2008, 06:47 PM
also gotta realize that NO ONE is maxxed out now. The donations have started over, and you can donate another 2300 to ron paul for the general election

I could be wrong but I don't think Ron Paul is accepting contributions for the general election yet. Some other candidates are. Just because the last quarter is over the $2,300 max on primary donations still applies.

Man from La Mancha
01-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Does the campaign have an option for RECURRING BILLING ON THEIR SITE - FOR DONATIONS???

This is something I brought up over a month ago - and I believe other campaigns do it.

*****************Something I support to and keep bringing up, heck with pledges, I want to see guarantee money in the bank each Friday. Something easy for HQ to do yet why they don't is beyond me.