PDA

View Full Version : Not One Freakin Word on ABC

RickNHouston
01-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Well , it happened! All the way through the first half of the Capitol Bowl game and not a single solitary word about the Blimp! It just ain't right, I'm tellin ya!!

Ethek
01-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Looking at the blimp tracker it looks like it did some time over the stadium about an hour before the game. Now it is hitting the area around the Disney Resorts and Kissime. Hopefully it can do a big 6 mile loop around the stadium as the game lets out.

kill the banks
01-01-2008, 02:32 PM
things will backfire ... they only prove our point ... MSN is tainted and no longer our watchdog ... that's our message ~ let the voters see for themselves !

kill the banks

John P Slevin
01-01-2008, 02:42 PM
The broadcasters at a sporting event have an obligation to their advertisers.

It is standard policy NOT to give free advertising.

There are plenty examples of Ron Paul being ignored by MSM; this isn't one of them.

UtahApocalypse
01-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Some of you take things to far.

Its a SPORTS event not political, they are not out stumping for other candidates. Get a grip on reality, Ron Paul is really not the only thing in the world.

D B Branyers
01-01-2008, 04:41 PM
If that blimp belonged to anybody else, the media would have at least flashed on it a few times.

No, this is a concerted effort to ignore it.

walt
01-01-2008, 04:45 PM

Its a SPORTS event not political, they are not out stumping for other candidates. Get a grip on reality, Ron Paul is really not the only thing in the world.

+1

mokkan88
01-01-2008, 05:10 PM
I didn't hear anything about any other advertising aircraft either. That wasn't the point, really. It would've been a big positive, but to expect them to mention us on television would have been a bit much. The idea of sending the blimp to the Capital One Bowl was to for the hundreds of thousands AT the game.

By the way, how about the Big Ten? SEC speed nothin'! What a great game. :)

Thunderbolt
01-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I am confused. We need to call ABC and let them know we won't tolerate being ignored. What is with all you people? Just giving up like that? We are paying a fortune for this blimp so that it WILL be mentioned on TV. Otherwise, it would be heck of a lot cheaper just to hand out fliers at the game if you are only going for the folks there, plus a flier would have a lot more info on it than a simple question.

No. We paid 400,000 dollars to get TV coverage. Let ABC know we will not tolerate them ignoring the blimp! Wherever it flies next we need to call the station ahead of time to make sure they know that they better mention the blimp or else we will boycott them just like we are boycotting Fox.

IChooseLiberty
01-01-2008, 06:23 PM
They have no obligation to advertise for us. We paid for the blimp so we could advertise to the people at the game, not their network. This is not a big deal.

John P Slevin
01-01-2008, 09:56 PM
IChooseLiberty has it absolutely correct.

balric
01-01-2008, 10:13 PM

He is the only important thing right now. The sports event is just a waste of time to distract people from the problems.

Dave Pedersen
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
As long as we fail to attack FOX the other news enterprises will feel safe to follow suit.

The blimp will do what it does best there is no reason to demand anything from ABC concerning this football game. If we go around demanding tv covers the blimp we will look like fools who don't have a clue about freedom.

slacker921
01-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Was someone from the local ABC station on board to get some birds eye view shots? Most of the time when they show the Goodyear blimp it's because there's a cameraman in there along for a free ride shooting footage of the stadium from above. The network gives a shot of the blimp in exchange.

Did skydivers jump out of the blimp and land on the field? That would be hard for them to ignore..

During a NASCAR race thee are typically several planes pulling banners around before and after the race - they're never shown on TV..

homah
01-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Anyone who thought there would be a mention of the blimp on ABC is out of touch with reality. It had nothing to do with the game whatsoever. It was not filming footage for the game. It was not a sponsor for the game/ABC. Furthermore, not one watching the game wants to hear about a blimp that passed overhead 1-1.5 hours before the game -- they want to watch football.

mokkan88
01-02-2008, 09:35 AM
I am confused. We need to call ABC and let them know we won't tolerate being ignored. What is with all you people? Just giving up like that? We are paying a fortune for this blimp so that it WILL be mentioned on TV. Otherwise, it would be heck of a lot cheaper just to hand out fliers at the game if you are only going for the folks there, plus a flier would have a lot more info on it than a simple question.

No. We paid 400,000 dollars to get TV coverage. Let ABC know we will not tolerate them ignoring the blimp! Wherever it flies next we need to call the station ahead of time to make sure they know that they better mention the blimp or else we will boycott them just like we are boycotting Fox.
We were not ignored. The blimp wasn't even over the stadium during the game. It left before the game started.

The media doesn't give out free advertising, and it was a major college football game. College football. Not politics. You can't complain that you're being ignored when our message was irrelevant to the topic.

And we paid $400,000 to get coverage. Period. It's a big floating billboard, and it got a lot of attention yesterday.

mokkan88
01-02-2008, 09:37 AM
He is the only important thing right now. The sports event is just a waste of time to distract people from the problems.
Actually, it's a way to keep people like me sane. Without sports, I'd be lost. It's a nice break from reality.

HOLLYWOOD
01-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Was someone from the local ABC station on board to get some birds eye view shots? Most of the time when they show the Goodyear blimp it's because there's a cameraman in there along for a free ride shooting footage of the stadium from above. The network gives a shot of the blimp in exchange.

Did skydivers jump out of the blimp and land on the field? That would be hard for them to ignore..

During a NASCAR race thee are typically several planes pulling banners around before and after the race - they're never shown on TV..

True but the point on censorship... I've seen the planes towing banners for all sorts of different messages at NASCAR races (VERY CLOSE TO THE TRACK). but this 3 mile island radius "No Fly Zone" for Americans in a BLIMP, I think is discrimination and/or Censorship.

I didn't see any Media on the BLIMP... why is that?

Thumper
01-02-2008, 02:47 PM

Are you smoking crack? Seriously... wtf? Suggesting another calling campaign/boycott because te Blimp wasn't televised during a football game? For the love of God, chill.