PDA

View Full Version : IOWA REPUBLICAN VOTERS?? question?

speciallyblend
01-01-2008, 02:05 PM
curious?? wasnt half of likely iowa republican voters against the war?? i thought i saw this somewhere??? anyone? i thought i saw a figure of 53% of iowa republicans were against the war or along those lines??:confused:

if this is true,then i would say many more caucus voters would vote for RON PAUL,just on this issue alone,since the rest are lil bushes spouting the same warmongering crap,
THIS HAS POTENTIAL TO SEND RON PAUL to a 2nd place finish or even a 1st,i hope that figure is still over 45%,if so this could be a major factor,
does anyone know if they are using the war issue at all to their favor,for voter turnout??? in the republican party?:confused:

dianeh
01-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Remeber the first couple of debates? All of the candidates were very prowar; lots of comments about bombing Iran, doubling the size of Guantanamo, sending even more troops to Iraq, etc. All except Ron Paul, who basically said "get out".

Now listen to them---adopting Ron Paul's long-time platform however they can without actually saying they'd withdraw troops anytime soon. Even Democrats. I caught the tail end of a speech the other day by Hillary where she had her fist in the air saying "and we'll bring the troops home!"

So, yeah, they'll say whatever they think it takes to win and hope people have short memories.

speciallyblend
01-01-2008, 02:28 PM
i hear you,i just hope ,the iowa voters are smarter then that:) i can only hope,if not, i wonder if we can give the state to canada??? just teasin

mosquitobite
01-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Remeber the first couple of debates? All of the candidates were very prowar; lots of comments about bombing Iran, doubling the size of Guantanamo, sending even more troops to Iraq, etc. All except Ron Paul, who basically said "get out".

And then he won the post-debate polls. The next debate all the candidates start talking about getting rid of the IRS :rolleyes: - Dr Paul wins post-debate polls yet again. The following debate "Iraq is off the table".

Can't have Dr Paul winning these debates!! :rolleyes: That's essentially the reason he's not invited to the Fox forum.

Of course they're going to try to copy his winning theme.

Problem is they don't have a history to back it up. Huckabee claiming to want to get rid of the IRS is about as honest as Clinton suggesting it. :rolleyes:

The sheep will fall for it. The intelligent voters will find Dr Paul. The Revolution will be won by the educated.

Myerz
01-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Ron Paul should underline that in his current speeches "how interesting it is....how all of these other candidates are changing their tune. I have been saying this all along.... are they just telling you want you want to hear? I've been telling you that from the beginning. I know what you want because I represent the American people not the corporation, the corporations that pay lobbyist that pay politicians!"

mosquitobite
01-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Ron Paul should underline that in his current speeches "how interesting it is....how all these other candidates are changing their tune. I have been saying this all along.... are they just telling you want you want to hear? I've been telling you that from the beginning. I know what you want because I represent the American people not the corporation, the corporations that pay lobbyist that pay politicians!"

HELL YEAH!

dianeh
01-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Myerz
Ron Paul should underline that in his current speeches "how interesting it is....how all these other candidates are changing their tune. I have been saying this all along.... are they just telling you want you want to hear? I've been telling you that from the beginning. I know what you want because I represent the American people not the corporation, the corporations that pay lobbyist that pay politicians!"

OH YES! But will he do it? And do it quick? At the very least, this should be in print ads ASAP. I think meetup groups or even individuals could take out relatively inexpensive ads in neighborhood newspapers that would point this out. Would love to see national advertising include this point!

kill the banks
01-01-2008, 03:18 PM
this is a winning issue and i agree ~ this separates us from them and should be drilled loud and clear ... shout it out !

kill the banks