PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee's site better at promoting Meetup than Ron's site

jj111
01-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Huckabee's site better at promoting Meetup than Ron's site

We should alert HQ about this problem with Ron Paul's website.

It is very difficult to find out any info about Meetup groups on Ron Paul's website, whereas it is a snap at Huckabee's website. We should be making it much easier for people searching the RP website to find out about Meetup groups.

Let's compare:

1. Huckabee
As soon as you click "Get Involved" you get this page
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=GetInvolved.Home
On it, it says in big font, "Get involved in a local Huckabee Meetup!"
Below that heading is a big map of all the Huckabee Meetup groups in the US.
Very effective.

2. Ron Paul
If you click on "Get Involved" you see 7 choices in a drop down menu. Not one of these subsections prominently displays information about grassroots Meetup.com groups.

You have only 1 out of 7 chances of picking any page that has anything to do with Meetup groups, and even on that page, it is buried at the bottom of the page, very difficult to notice.

The only page I see about Meetup groups is on this one:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/

But the Meetup info is buried at the bottom of the page in small font, and first you have to read information about
1) Registering as a volunteer on RP2008
2) Ideas as to methods of helping the national campaign
3) Federal laws
4) Grassroots guidelines
5) Merchandise store
6) Rules for placing campaign materials on public property

Only after you get past these 6 things is there any mention of Meetup Groups, and again it is in small font.

Does anybody share my opinion that it would be extremely helpful if the website were fixed so that Meetup Groups were more prominently displayed and accessed to those looking to "Get involved"? - All they have to do is look at Huckabee's site and see how easy it is there to find out about Meetups and change the Ron Paul site to make it just as easy if not easier. What do you think?

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=GetInvolved.Home

ItsTime
01-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Ron Paul does not need to promote the meet up groups. On the other hand, Huckabee has to beg people to join.

Myerz
01-01-2008, 01:50 PM
"It is very difficult to find out any info about Meetup groups on Ron Paul's website, whereas it is a snap at Huckabee's website. We should be making it much easier for people searching the RP website to find out about Meetup groups."

Nevermind......what his schedule is from day to day.......ya....it's me again!

HQ? Where are you?......what are you doing?..........

Myerz
01-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Ron Paul does not need to promote the meet up groups. On the other hand, Huckabee has to beg people to join.

True....but why not make it as simple as possible......

K - Keep
I - It
S - Simple
S - Stupid

jj111
01-01-2008, 01:51 PM

The point is not that Huckabee needs to beg people to join. The point is that Ron Paul's site is doing a TERRIBLE job of letting people know about Meetup groups. I suspect that if it was displayed properly on the website we would see an increase in Meetup membership at a much faster rate than we currently have.

Certainly you don't believe it is in the Ron Paul campaign's best interest to make it difficult as opposed to easy for people to find out how to help the campaign by joining a local Meetup group?

Mahkato
01-01-2008, 02:13 PM
There is a list of all Meetup groups, organized by state, here (http://ronpaulgateway.com/Meetup).

DealzOnWheelz
01-01-2008, 02:21 PM
they should defnitely address this as it could help us expand dramatically

not to mention Hucks the only other candidate in the top 10 meetup alliances

jj111
01-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Please contact HQ about this, by email or phone. I think this is a huge opportunity loss for them every day they continue to not promote the Meetup groups effectively on his website.

livinglegend
01-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I agree completely that Ron must make the MeetUp link more prominent.

It's something I've though about before, too. The link is buried down there where a casual person might not see it.

Groups can do so much to spread the word about Dr. Paul, and the community factor encourages people to get and stay involved.

Dan Klaus
01-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Go the meetup site and type in your city and Ron Paul...good luck...