PDA

View Full Version : Idea: YouTube Comment Bomb

Jeremy
01-01-2008, 01:29 PM
I just had this idea 4 seconds ago. OK... I remember these YouTubers got all of their "nerd fighter" videos on the most commented page (every single vid on the page was theirs... except for that Huckabee Christmas ad). It was pretty amazing.

I think on one day, we should comment like crazy on as many RP videos as we can find. I'm talking tons of comments from all of us! They can't be spam of course... real comments.

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I totally agree! Let's do it!

ThePieSwindler
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I just had this idea 4 seconds ago. OK... I remember these YouTubers got all of their "nerd fighter" videos on the most commented page (every single vid on the page was theirs... except for that Huckabee Christmas ad). It was pretty amazing.

I think on one day, we should comment like crazy on as many RP videos as we can find. I'm talking tons of comments from all of us! They can't be spam of course... real comments.

Or, we could get off the internet and write letters to Michigan ,South Carolina, florida, go door to door in our hometowns, and tell everyone in the real world we know about Ron Paul and why they should vote for him.

This idea is fine in a vacuum, but you fail to realize we are at a stage where we need real world votes, not just some internet presence. Bombing youtube videos with comments will do about as much good as digging up every Ron Paul article, at this point.

Jeremy
01-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Or, we could get off the internet and write letters to Michigan ,South Carolina, florida, go door to door in our hometowns, and tell everyone in the real world we know about Ron Paul and why they should vote for him.

Orrrr... both.

Some people are also unable to support outside of the internet. Especially kids under 18. "Hey mom, can I go out to wave signs with a bunch of these grown adults?"

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Orrrr... both.

Some people are also unable to support outside of the internet. Especially kids under 18. "Hey mom, can I go out to wave signs with a bunch of these grown adults?"

You're right stormcommander, that applies to me, but I do the most I can, such as my youtube channel.

ThePieSwindler
Orrrr... both.

Do what you want, but this is about as effective as digging every Ron Paul article out there. There are much better ways even on the internet to spread the message and get out the vote than youtube comments. Try non-politicial forums off topic sections, games, etc. Besides, you can write letters without having to ask your parents for permission.

iella

This idea is fine in a vacuum, but you fail to realize we are at a stage where we need real world votes, not just some internet presence. Bombing youtube videos with comments will do about as much good as digging up every Ron Paul article, at this point.

QFT

Turn every conversation into a Ron Paul conversation.

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-01-2008, 01:35 PM
QFT

Turn every conversation into a Ron Paul conversation.

Yes. Exactly. Whether everyone here realizes it or not, Youtube has a LOT of potential voters.

ThePieSwindler
01-01-2008, 01:37 PM
http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp

Go there, request addresses, write a template letter, and either print out a bunch of copies and just mail those, or hand write each one. The latter is a better idea if you are going for mass volume. This is alot more effective than youtube commenting.

Find other places we havent hit as well. Theres alot of gamer forums, etc, that would be receptive to parts of the message.

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I just made a thread with a list of ways to help online---
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=772077#post772077