PDA

View Full Version : Those who care for Israel: Show your support for Ron Paul!

Perry
01-01-2008, 12:21 PM
As many here know The nation of Israel holds a place in my heart.

The neo-conservative & liberal democrats knowing or unknowingly harm the nation of Israel by interfering in her internal affairs and using Israel in order to progress their own agenda. I can make these statements and state also that I personally support the nation of Israel and I support Ron Paul. There is no paradox here. It is right for a man to take care of himself without the interference of government and likewise is so for a nation. By withdrawing my support of governments that might wish to subsidize Israel with taxpayer dollars I in no way withdraw my personal support for the nation of Israel. On the contrary, I have the power to direct my own finances more efficiently than any government might.
Today I ask those of you who care for the nation of Israel and who support Ron Paul to stand up and be counted. By showing your support you have the power to give pause to those supporters waiting in the wings.
It is possible to bless the Nation of Israel & its people without supporting the Neo-conservative machine. There is no monopoly on blessings.

Note: This thread is not for debating points on the nation of Israel.
This thread is solely for those Ron Paul supporters who wish to declare their personal support for the nation of Israel.

Please help me to show that it is possible to both care for the nation of Israel and to support Ron Pauls powerful message of non-intervention.
Stand and be counted.

__________________________________________________ __

Perry
01-01-2008, 01:46 PM
:)

miamiist
01-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Well said, Perry. I am also a lover of the nation of Israel. I am a member of my school's chapter For Israel and I visited the country this summer. AND I love Ron Paul! You're very correct to say that there is no contradiction there, despite what some may say. Kudos.

Yosik
01-01-2008, 02:00 PM
I agree, Perry.

Question: Can one be a Zionist yet oppose U.S. foreign aid to Israel?

Answer: Absolutely! Zionists support a Jewish homeland. It is not required that Zionists support the government's efforts to subsidize Israel to achieve a Jewish homeland. In a July 2006 CBS News poll, 38% of Americans thought that the U.S. was supporting Israel "too much." Israel has been the largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid since 1976. One can be a Zionist and and still support the principled non-interventionist foreign policy that was championed by America's Founders.

http://www.jews4ronpaul.org/advisors.html3

FreedomLover
01-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I've always sympathized with the jewish people and think that they deserve to have self-determination in the form of state. It's very unfortunate the crap they've gone through for centuries, they should be left alone.

dirtyboots
01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Though not entirely an Israel supporter, I'm glad to see threads like this. Many overlook the ways in which RP's helps Israel, as well as helping the Palestinians.

Happy New Year, guys and dolls.