PDA

View Full Version : BOOYA! 1,000 homes in 2 days!

hummtide
01-01-2008, 12:14 PM
BEAT THAT SUCKERS!

720 passed out Sunday (3/4th apartments)

Today I hit another 240 apartments and 166 homes

YES I AM KEEPING COUNT!

1,126...My goal is 2500 by Friday!

Im on lunch now, heading out... wind is making it a challenge.. but Im telling that wind.. BRING IT ON!!

hillertexas
01-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Well done!

miamiist
01-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Major kudos your way, hummtide. Very inspiring!

hillertexas
01-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey...Welcome to the forum, Miami! :)

newmedia4ron
01-01-2008, 12:16 PM
BEAT THAT SUCKERS!

YES I AM KEEPING COUNT!

Im on lunch now, heading out... wind is making it a challenge.. but Im telling that wind.. BRING IT ON!!

nice

qwerty
01-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Awesome, location ?

Micahyah
01-01-2008, 12:19 PM
real impressive

Alabama Supporter
01-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Are you knocking on doors or just leaving slim jims in their door?

If you are just leaving at the door, do the slim jims slide in the door jam good?

hummtide
01-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Are you knocking on doors or just leaving slim jims in their door?

If you are just leaving at the door, do the slim jims slide in the door jam good?

Just leaving in the door jams, but pushing them a good halfway. One woman asked me if I had a bumper sticker.. duh! in my back pocket! She put it over her husbands Huckabee sticker on his vehicle! :D

literatim
01-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Good job. :)

Jeremy
01-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Just leaving in the door jams, but pushing them a good halfway. One woman asked me if I had a bumper sticker.. duh! in my back pocket! She put it over her husbands Huckabee sticker on his vehicle! :D

Cool =D

Delivered4000
01-01-2008, 12:27 PM
:eek: That's alotta homes

Maybe they would do a story about you to show America how loyal and dedicated the grassroots support is

Alabama Supporter
01-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Sweet. Thanks for the hard work man.

TXcarlosTX
01-01-2008, 12:32 PM
man your making me feel bad.... cause i should be out also

hummtide
01-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Good thing I got some good walking shoes on! WHEW!

FreedomLover
01-01-2008, 12:33 PM
What state are you in?

Dax552
01-01-2008, 12:34 PM
man your making me feel bad.... cause i should be out also

Then get your butt out there!

TXcarlosTX
01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
im still drunk!!!!

CoreyBowen999
01-01-2008, 12:36 PM

LOL good job man!!

RPDelegate
01-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow, good job man! Earlier this morning I ordered 1000 slim jims (only $30) that I plan to hand deliver to every home in my precinct. Problem is, I don't know how many houses are in my precinct. I have a map of my precinct, so I guess I'll just see how it goes once I get them.

I'm a precinct captain in Maplewood, MN, so I'm trying to get people to attend the Feb 5th caucus here.

Lord Xar
01-01-2008, 12:46 PM
In addition to passing information/issues slimjims/flyers - is there also an including item that mentions the upcoming caucus/primaries ?

Perium
01-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your hard work.

Mark37snj
01-01-2008, 12:55 PM
BEAT THAT SUCKERS!

YES I AM KEEPING COUNT!

Give us what you think is your best strategy when talking to people. The Meetups in my area are gearing up for the same thing and we could use your advice.

katao
01-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Give us what you think is your best strategy when talking to people. The Meetups in my area are gearing up for the same thing and we could use your advice.

Watch this - great video training!

http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/canvassing

Mark37snj
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Watch this - great video training!

http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/canvassing

Thanks

ecliptic
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
... One woman asked me if I had a bumper sticker.. duh! in my back pocket! She put it over her husbands Huckabee sticker on his vehicle! :D

I like a canvasser who comes prepared!!! GREAT JOB!

whutaboutbob
01-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Awesome!

hummtide
01-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Just leave em in the doorjams, and push em in a good bit, dont sit there messing with it as someone inside may think your trying to break in! If they open the door, I say "good morning, evening.. Im with the Ron Paul Presidential campaign, just leaving you some campaign literature..and you have yourself a great blessed day"

WilliamC
01-01-2008, 01:30 PM

That's sweet! I've talked to several Hillary supporters in Iowa who are caucusing and gotten them interested enough to look up Ron Paul on the interweb. It's great taking other candidates supporters, especially since the defection rate of Ron Paul supporters to other camps is very very small.

RevolutionSD
01-01-2008, 01:41 PM

Good job!
I've never seen a huckabee bumper sticker. I've also never met of even heard of a real life huckabee supporter. I live in CA.

mackler
01-01-2008, 01:56 PM

Here are my suggestions from New Hampshire:

Don't ring every doorbell. I woke up a lot of people and got low response.

The strategy for success that I have developed so far is this:

In my designated area I put a slimjim in each door, making enough noise that if anyone is home they'll hear it. If someone wants to talk they'll open the door. I got great response this way and didn't waste time waiting for doors to not be answered.

Second, I talked to every person we passed on the street. My script is something like:

"Hey how's it going?...You gonna vote in the primary. It's January 8th y'know. Who do you like?"

At this point if they tell me whom they support, I give an expression of "pleasant surprise" and say "oh really? That's very interesting. What is it most about Obama that you like?" and take it from there.

If they don't want to tell me whom they support, I next ask them if they're heard of Ron Paul. Everyone has.

We talk to every person walking down the street. It's very important make sure that if they're walking that you're walking with them. In other words, don't stand still on the corner and expect people to stop. They won't. You gotta look like you're on your way somewhere also and you're just randomly striking up a friendly conversation.

I never say anything that makes it sound like I'm working for the campaign. I don't call myself a volunteer. I'm just some guy who came to New Hampshire to talk to people to try to save the country.

Also we go into every business. We get great response, just don't waste time of busy people. Restaurants have hostesses and wait staff. Just go in, tell them you're canvassing the neighborhood, give them a 30-second pitch and move in. If they're interested they'll keep you. If they're busy they will remember you came by. It makes a strong impression when someone shows up in person at your place of work. It's something to tell your friends about after work.

Finally, I suggest viewing yard-signs for other candidates as invitations to ring the doorbell. When they answer I say, "Pardon the intrusion, but I couldn't help but notice you have that big "Chris Dodd" sign in your yard. I don't know much about Chris Dodd, and I wonder if you wouldn't mind telling me why you like him." And then take it from there. I've had people invite me into their homes that way, and was able to make a very effective pitch for Ron Paul.

In summary, I find that everyone has heard of Ron Paul, but to most people he's still this mysterious phenomenon. They are curious. They really want to know what all the fuss is about, and they will listen.

And most of all, when you approach someone, grin like someone just told you the funniest joke ever!!!

-adam

P.S. we're going to win NH.

Michigan11
01-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Good job!
I've never seen a huckabee bumper sticker. I've also never met of even heard of a real life huckabee supporter. I live in CA.

Never heard of him. Might not exist

Mark37snj
01-01-2008, 02:33 PM

In my designated area I put a slimjim in each door, making enough noise that if anyone is home they'll hear it. If someone wants to talk they'll open the door. I got great response this way and didn't waste time waiting for doors to not be answered.

Second, I talked to every person we passed on the street. My script is something like:

"Hey how's it going?...You gonna vote in the primary. It's January 8th y'know. Who do you like?"

At this point if they tell me whom they support, I give an expression of "pleasant surprise" and say "oh really? That's very interesting. What is it most about Obama that you like?" and take it from there.

If they don't want to tell me whom they support, I next ask them if they're heard of Ron Paul. Everyone has.

We talk to every person walking down the street. It's very important make sure that if they're walking that you're walking with them. In other words, don't stand still on the corner and expect people to stop. They won't. You gotta look like you're on your way somewhere also and you're just randomly striking up a friendly conversation.

I never say anything that makes it sound like I'm working for the campaign. I don't call myself a volunteer. I'm just some guy who came to New Hampshire to talk to people to try to save the country.

Also we go into every business. We get great response, just don't waste time of busy people. Restaurants have hostesses and wait staff. Just go in, tell them you're canvassing the neighborhood, give them a 30-second pitch and move in. If they're interested they'll keep you. If they're busy they will remember you came by. It makes a strong impression when someone shows up in person at your place of work. It's something to tell your friends about after work.

Finally, I suggest viewing yard-signs for other candidates as invitations to ring the doorbell. When they answer I say, "Pardon the intrusion, but I couldn't help but notice you have that big "Chris Dodd" sign in your yard. I don't know much about Chris Dodd, and I wonder if you wouldn't mind telling me why you like him." And then take it from there. I've had people invite me into their homes that way, and was able to make a very effective pitch for Ron Paul.

In summary, I find that everyone has heard of Ron Paul, but to most people he's still this mysterious phenomenon. They are curious. They really want to know what all the fuss is about, and they will listen.

And most of all, when you approach someone, grin like someone just told you the funniest joke ever!!!

-adam

Thanks!! :)

rasheedwallace
01-01-2008, 02:37 PM
props fam!

Mental Dribble
01-01-2008, 02:46 PM

-adam

EXCELLENT post.

thehittgirl
01-01-2008, 02:53 PM
You put my hubby to shame :) He only got about 30 done. He trudged in the snow. I laughed at him when he came in because he was all covered in it. It's a good thing he has a good sense of humor-lol. But really, I am glad he got something done.

AdoubleR
01-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Thank you again from all of us...