PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Poster Board at Playoff Game Contest!

newbitech
01-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I have a prime location at Raymond James Stadium (Tampa Bay Bucs vs NY Giants) for displaying a poster board. I need help with the design!

I usually get on nationally televised games and have been on NFL networks several times as well as shown inside the stadium on the huge Jumbo-Tron.

This weekend, I plan on taking another poster board in supporting the Bucs, but more importantly, I want to put Ron Paul on the other side!

So here are the contest rules.

1.) Create a single sided poster design of dimensions no greater than 42" x 42"

2.) The slogan needs to be a unique slogan that is catchy and hints at something that shows Ron Paul is > Rudy G. ( one idea I had was a picture of a confused Rudy G in the center with the words "Ron Paul is Everywhere!" and then dozens of pictures of Ron Paul everywhere else. )

3.) Deadline for submission is Saturday Jan. 5th 12:00 noon.

4.) Winner of the design will be determined by the above criteria and a general consensus among the participants and people interested in the idea.

5.) The prize is yet to be determined because to be honest, I am kinda broke right now. At the very least, I will reserve a spot on the poster for your signature.

If I have to, I will make the poster myself, but I am not really good at making political posters and I would like this to be a grassroots effort. =D

I am really good at making football posters so this is how I know that this poster will get a live shot on FOX (they are broadcasting the game). I plan on getting the NFL poster set up in the tunnel while the Giants are coming and going during the start of the game and half time. When the cameras get trained on me, I will then flip the poster around to display our political message.

I am hoping that someone with skill can help me get this poster designed quickly! I am really hoping that many ideas are submitted and that I have to choose between some very excellent choices.

Thanks in advance!

newbitech
01-01-2008, 12:52 PM
please enter the contest!

ladyliberty
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
why put another canidates face on a RP poster? i don't get it?

newbitech
01-01-2008, 01:12 PM
why put another canidates face on a RP poster? i don't get it?

well the idea i had was a confused face and the quote from Rudy is "Ron Paul supporters are everywhere."

Also, the idea would have Rudy being surrounded by faces of Ron Paul and Rudy's name will not appear.

Of course, this is why I only suggested it and created this contest to get better ideas!

Real_CaGeD
01-01-2008, 01:34 PM
I suggest the standard RP for president sign, with a direct focuss on Republican party base, such as "RON PAUL has Republican base support".

newbitech
01-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I suggest the standard RP for president sign, with a direct focuss on Republican party base, such as "RON PAUL has Republican base support".

I know I have seen instructions before on how to do this. I was thinking to keep it simple too, but I would really like to make more of an impact since the location of the sign is going to get more than standard exposure.

I would really like to stick with the "Ron Paul is Everywhere!" slogan. Doesn't look like this thread is getting too much traction in here.

Is there anywhere else I might solicit help on this idea?

robert4rp08
01-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Cool idea. I don't have any good ideas yet based on your criteria.

Couple things you may want to consider:
1. Rudy's reading list (no clue how to work that in).
2. The Giants vs. Bucs. Very interesting metaphor. Giants = Rudy (New York affiliation) and Pirates = Ron Paul (against the establishment). Maybe have several giants players with things like IRS, NAFTA, Fed, etc. on the jerseys surrounded by players in Bucs jerseys with things like Ron Paul, Constitution, Liberty, Freedom, etc on the jerseys. Then have "Ron Paul is everywhere" in quotes underneath the picture. Meh... then again, don't want to offend the NY fans. Blah.

newbitech
01-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Ok, not trying to bring up old stuff, but I am in the process of making the prototype now.

I have a poster board like this

http://www.grc.org/Graphics/Sites/Posters/4x4_trifold.jpg

On the inside of the poster board on the bottom third I am putting the Ron Paul Revolution Logo.

On the outside of the folding parts, I am putting the NFL eye catching FOX SPORTS standard

F.eel O.ur. X.citement along with some nice grabby art work that FOX is sure to train their cameras on.

Once the cameras are on, I will drop the bottom tri fold to reveal the Revolution Logo,

So you will see a sign that reads.

FOX

LOVES

RON PAUL REVOLUTION!

DealzOnWheelz
01-04-2008, 02:02 PM
bump for MADDDDDDD PUBLICITY

THIS IS AN AMAZING IDEA EVERYONE WILL BE WATCHING THE PLAYOFFS