PDA

View Full Version : PLEDGE DRIVE! Greenville Mail Drop. Will We?

MozoVote
07-13-2007, 06:38 PM
OK, people. As I've been discussing in the Spartanburg Sticky, I have searched around for a print/mailer with the capacity to get some postcard invitations out the door next week, before Ron arrives on the 21st in South Carolina.

AlphaMail.com in Shelby NC told me they can squeeze one in. $1405 for 5000 pieces, $670 for 2000 pieces.They will handle the addressing, but it can be tailored to specific zip codes. (I have some recommendations, but will get to that later.)

We need to agree on a message by Monday morning, and have copies of all payment checks FAXed to AlphaMail at (704) 484-1685!

There are compromises to doing a mail drop so late in the game. These will be plain postcards with black ink. I've been told minor font stylings are possible, but we really have to keep it simple.

I'm opening the floor to suggestions. What message can we fit on a 4x6 post card? Will you contribute to this effort?

Even though I just committed to a small buy of radio ads yesterday, I will match 10% of any pledges for this mailing.

ARE YOU IN????

Lord Xar
07-13-2007, 07:13 PM
If you can "give" them the postcards to mail, then try this place. They can turnaround color designs in a day.

http://www.overnightprints.com/main.php?A=start_postcard_step2&size=4x6

(* I never used them. I just did a search for 'very fast postcard turnaround')

Call them up, and ask what format they need the color cards in.. do they need pdf's, illustrator files etc... this way you can get a designer to do this real quick.

You could order them and have them directly delivered to your mailer guys.. but, you should have a way that they actually get sent.

REGARDLESS... I will donate $50 to you cause.

Though I think black/white might be a little 'cheap looking' unless you do something very minimal and creative.

MozoVote
07-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I did call several mailers, most of them do need at least a few days to a week, or need payment in cash, or were too far away. The link you gave looks interesting and the Southern Cal supporters should certainly give it a look.

The reason I favor AlphaMail is that they gave me quick response to my questions, are only about 80 miles from Greenville. The cards may be simple, but they would be in people's hands before Saturday.

If we can at least make the $670, then I'll be pinging you all to get your checks in. :)

I've resisted suggesting the wording right away. Maybe if people feel like they are contributing to the content, they will contribute the $$

specsaregood
07-13-2007, 09:52 PM
//

MozoVote
07-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys. Maybe we'll really get somewhere. That's $150 in pledges and $15 in matching for $165. 25% of what we need for the minimum estimate.

Well, I'll try to stir up some interest by putting up my idea. I think it should just be the bullet points. Try to intrigue people, and tell them where to go. (Ignore the squiggly lines, it's a screenshot from MS word and I forgot to turn off spell check).

More pledges? :) Time is ticking away!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1357/804074593_6847d1c815.jpg

specsaregood
07-13-2007, 10:16 PM
The only thing I might suggest is finding a way to fit in the official website: ronpaul2008.com.

and/or adding something about a 20 year record of doing exactly what you state in your bullets.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Please do not direct them to RonPaulForums. This is not a good place for people to come when they are first finding out about Dr. Paul. Direct them to campaign headquarters or something, please.

Also on .. Enforce our borders. How about adding, ... "and our current immigration laws."

I'll contribute $50 towards this.

MozoVote
07-13-2007, 10:30 PM
I'll be glad to make those changes for the pledge. :D

Now $200 + $20 in match. Keep it up!

I'm gonna leave it for the night owls to keep picking at. Hope to get a new tally in the morning.

R3V0LUT10N

Harald
07-13-2007, 10:40 PM
$50

beermotor
07-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Bump...

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Thanks Gor, our new total is

Lord Xar $50
specsAreGood $100
LibertyEagle $50
Gor Nishanov $50
matching $25
-----------
$275 (41% of the minimum)

Here is the new image with the changes suggested last night.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1060/807066713_54dc620dbb.jpg

More pledges needed!! It looks like the vote is so far in favor of making these postcards.

Electrostatic
07-14-2007, 05:47 AM
minor grammar thingy.. immigration laws... I think

Electrostatic
07-14-2007, 05:49 AM
I can do $50

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 05:53 AM
You can say "law" as the embodiment of all laws. I thought it sounded better singular, but I'll edit it if people think otherwise.

Electrostatic, cool! :) We are now at $300 pledged and $30 matching.49% of the minimum

Waiting for more.... :D

Razmear
07-14-2007, 05:55 AM
The Carolina First Center is not at the Greenville Airport.
I don't have the address handy for the speech, but i know that one is not correct.

eb

Electrostatic
07-14-2007, 05:55 AM
I was thinking the other way around, that "debts" should be "debt" and "law" should be "laws", but then again I'm a Damn Yankee... So I will yield the floor to any ladies or gentlemen of the South. :p

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Really? I Mapquest'd it, and Exposition looked like a frontage road right in front of the Airport :confused:

Razmear
07-14-2007, 06:00 AM
My apologies, I was thinking GSP airport, not the little one in town. You are correct with your address.
I was thinking this was going to be in a park setting outside, from the meeting we had with Lew, but I guess this will work too, even if it's not in the best location.

eb

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Maybe next update I can fit in a clarification. "Greenville city airport, near [Major road name]"

Razmear
07-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Might want to add (Formerly known as the Palmetto Expo Center) looks like they just changed names:

http://www.palmettoexpo.com

Slugg
07-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Instead of "Honors the Constitution. Paul's 20 year voting record proves that he does."

You should say," Honors the Constitution.
Dr. Paul's voting record is flawless."
or
Dr. Paul consistently upholds our Constitution.
or
Dr. Paul's voting record is legendary. (I like this one).

Basically, you don't want to end with words like, "does," "is," "too," etc....find a way to make the sentence active instead of passive.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 06:34 AM
That's a stickier stylistic point... I was trying to line up all the verbs on the left in a "we" tense. (As in, we should be doing these things, and Dr Paul already does.) And trying to keep an earlier suggestion by a pledge member, to mention Paul's 20 year voting record.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2007, 06:36 AM
I was thinking the other way around, that "debts" should be "debt" and "law" should be "laws", but then again I'm a Damn Yankee... So I will yield the floor to any ladies or gentlemen of the South. :p

I'm not positive about law vs. laws, but debts should be DEBT. The other thing is that there should be periods at the end of each sentence.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 06:48 AM
I'll make it "debt" - maybe using plural in one place and singular in another, is what made it look jarring.

I'd prefer to omit the periods - there is a principle in headlining, to minimize periods so that the reader's eye "flows" onto the next line.

Here is the new image

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1274/807509351_cef0c3a2b2.jpg

Still looking for PLEDGES, y'all! :)

beermotor
07-14-2007, 08:23 AM
I'll float it at my Meetup this afternoon and let you know.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Ok, but it looks funny without periods at the end of the sentences, especially when you use punctuation on one of them (the exclamation point).

I also noticed that "Ron Paul for President" is not centered on the card.

There's probably not room for it, but including the campaign's Hope for America logo certainly would spiff up the card a bit. Or, a small picture of Dr. Paul.

Ironslave
07-14-2007, 08:34 AM
I'll chip in $50

Razmear
07-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Just wondering if this effort might pay off better if it was targeted at the June 28 SC Straw Poll.

I'm posting that info next in a new thread.

eb

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Ok, but it looks funny without periods at the end of the sentences, especially when you use punctuation on one of them (the exclamation point).

I also noticed that "Ron Paul for President" is not centered on the card.

There's probably not room for it, but including the campaign's Hope for America logo certainly would spiff up the card a bit. Or, a small picture of Dr. Paul.

The centering is a visual glitch, it's a screenshot and I've been re-sizing the widths a couple times. I'll make sure it's fixed on the final one.

I agree imagery would be good. I've been told text only though to ensure the very tight deadline that we are under. I could add a black and white silouette, but don't be surprised if the printer removes it. :(

Hopefully some other cities are paying attention to this mailing, and thinking about ways to do it faster and with more pizazz. We probably could have too, but it took the headquarters a while to settle on venues. I think even just a few days would have made the difference.

It might even still be possible to do better. Maybe just walking into a Kinko's could get a short run of color cards printed...? But this is cheap, and AlphaMail can handle the address randomizing and merging for us. I like that this method is simple for contributors to just step up.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Ironslave's pledge brings us to a total of $385. Keep'em'coming!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/809823480_b1a5c2aa5d.jpg

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 02:23 PM
..bump.. Can't have this on the 2nd page!

I have been asking my neighbors and may come up with some more offline, but so far nothing concrete.

Dr Paul is flying all over the country... As expensive and exhausting as that is, surely we can raise enough paltry cash to mail some addresses in Greenville, and invite people to come hear him...

Lord Xar
07-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I know this is 'just meat on the bone', but I put this line on my "business cards". Most candidates put the "same" stuff on their postcards... I added this on my "business cards".. maybe you can use all of it, or just part. Its important that people get an idea of "who" he is as a man. I know you can ONLY use black/white, but take whatever from these you think would add to the appeal.

front
http://www.mmashirts.com/front.jpg

back
http://www.mmashirts.com/back.jpg

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I like that, I really do wish the SC appearances has been confirmed even just two days earlier. I'm sure somethng more graphical could have been whipped up, and it would have only been a few cents per card more.

I'm willing to start over on the text, or use someone else's, if that's what the pledge members want. Let's just achieve the goal of making the mailing happen. :cool:

Lessons for San Antonio!

If you want to do a mailing, get funds ready earlier than I did.
Plan on around 35 cents a card even for basic mail.
Call the printer/mailers first thing Monday.
Find out who has capacity, and who can get the cards printed and stamped and mailed in time.
Allow the printer a few days extra to handle snafus, and to give you the best price on sorting.

I thought I had found the right printer Thursday afternoon. But there was a power outage that messed up their computers and the rep called me back Friday - and admitted they could not get the Greenville mail out by Tuesday. So I scrambled for an alternative. Things do happen.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Follow up thought... I do hope we can get to at least $670 by daybreak tomorrow morning.

At least then, it can be confirmed with the pledge members this effort will go live, and they have time to get to a FAX machine during daylight hours. Any money raised beyond that point is extra cards... I'm sure it can be adjusted and priced together.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 04:49 PM
I think I've picked up a couple of "possibles" - one person in my neighborood that has a real ire for taxes, and one relative that is against the war. I'll know better in the morning if I can get contributions.

Anyone else trying? Anyone willing to come off the fence?

We're still at $385 out of $670.

beermotor
07-14-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll chip in $20, that's the best I can do.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 05:06 PM
beermotor, thank you. I won't complain about the size of anyone's contribution. :)

We're at $407 now... 61% of the 2000 card threshold!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1418/812862198_6c4463a7d2.jpg

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey, I just got a twenty from my neighbor. We're getting closer.

We're at $429 in pledges now. 64% of the 2000 card threshold.

OK, these may not be exciting cards, but if we get them out you are helping locals know RP is coming. Reeeeach for that check book! :D Help spread the word!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1123/813081446_5fd4c8bbe0.jpg

LibertyEagle
07-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Is there no Meetup group in your area that is willing to help fund this thing?

wbbgjr
07-14-2007, 06:02 PM
I will contribute $50 for this.

I'm actually willing to contribute more, but aren't we all in this together... let's see some pledges even if it is for $5.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2007, 06:09 PM

rich34
07-14-2007, 06:34 PM
I know this is 'just meat on the bone', but I put this line on my "business cards". Most candidates put the "same" stuff on their postcards... I added this on my "business cards".. maybe you can use all of it, or just part. Its important that people get an idea of "who" he is as a man. I know you can ONLY use black/white, but take whatever from these you think would add to the appeal.

front
http://www.mmashirts.com/front.jpg

back
http://www.mmashirts.com/back.jpg

You should probably add that he's never voted to take away your guns. Very big issue in those southern states.

rich34
07-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I will contribute $50 for this.

I'm actually willing to contribute more, but aren't we all in this together... let's see some pledges even if it is for $5.

It's probably been noted, but where and how can we pay?

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 06:59 PM
It's probably been noted, but where and how can we pay?

The mailer will accept payment by check via FAX. Write a normal check, tape it to a piece of paper, fax it to AlphaMail, which is a direct mail company based in Shelby NC. They have a website,
http://www.AlphaMail.com

It is plausible that if you e-mail to them all the information that is on the front of your check, (the check number, your bank, your name, the routing numbers on the bottom) that they will process it. But I'm speculating. We'd need to ask them about that.

I am trying to convince everyone to pledge up to $670 tonight for 2000 pieces of mail. That gives everyone that has already pledged, time to find a FAX machine during the daytime tomorrow.

Accepting late pledges is possible all the way to Monday morning for a bigger mail drop. But let's get to 2000 pieces tonight - everyone that makes payments tomorrow, deserves to be sure that this mailing is really going to happen.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Is there no Meetup group in your area that is willing to help fund this thing?

There are several meetup groups in the upstate SC area, and I have contacted all the group organizers and asked them to communicate this pledge drive. A couple of them have replied and told me they will do so. :cool:

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 07:28 PM
wbbgjr, thank you for stepping up! We have $484 pledged now, including my matches. I agree we all need to pull together. Ron may not be in SC again for a month or more. Let's try to

r e a c h . o u t .

and let the people in Greenville know the opportunity that is in front of them !

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1152/813096601_535ebc3e19.jpg

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Bump.

All it would take is $170 more in hard pledges to make the 2000 piece quote. (Matching makes up the rest.)

That's basically 3 people pledging $55 each... there have been several $50 pledges... Do we have 3 more people willing to wade in?

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Good morning bump!

Would anyone else like to join this pledge drive? If you live too far away from SC to knock on doors, or hand out flyers, you can still help reach people in SC and tell them Ron Paul is coming.

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 06:18 AM
I just got off the phone with a neighbor, he will contribute, I will meet with him in about a half hour to see what it will be. I'm assuming in line with the contributions I've gotten here...

We're within reach, people! Think about making a last minute pledge for Dr. Paul! :)

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 07:21 AM
I collected $20 more from the neighbor, and I expect I can collect $50 more this evening... (a relative that disagrees with the war, although her husband doesn't want money "thrown away" on politics, so I'll need to collect it quietly).

There is one pledge member that contacted me in private and said he'd up his pledge if requested, I'm going to tug on him for $50 more.

That tally is $560. I had originally said 10% match which gets us to $616. So if I just throw in $54 more, we're there.

SO..... Anyone that's been following this thread, YES - we are moving to the next phase. I will post instructions shortly and contact all the pledge members via private mail.

There is still time for fresh pledges, though. And I will still match 10% of any new pledges before 8AM Monday morning.

Please give, and help us reach more Greenville residents!

specsaregood
07-15-2007, 07:37 AM
I'll make it "debt" - maybe using plural in one place and singular in another, is what made it look jarring.

I'd prefer to omit the periods - there is a principle in headlining, to minimize periods so that the reader's eye "flows" onto the next line.

Here is the new image

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1274/807509351_cef0c3a2b2.jpg

Still looking for PLEDGES, y'all! :)

Maybe we should add the official campaign phone number? For non-internet users down there? 703-248-9115

Also, just found this Spartanburg newspaper article, which has some positive RP comments.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20070715/NEWS/707150346/1051/NEWS01

beermotor
07-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Come on fellas -

By the way, MozoVote, please get yourself a paypal ID so I can paypal you the $20... I have no way to FAX checks to your or whatever. I suggest you just pay it on a credit card and then use the donation cash to pay off the card.

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 08:02 AM
If you're stuck, I'll accept a PayPal. The central problem is that AlphaMail does not accept credit cards.

I have no complaint with them - they are doing this for us on short notice. The main thing I wanted to show everyone, is that that I'm on the up-and-up and not trying to collect people's money. You can pay the printer directly.

Beermotor, I'll send you a PM

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I'd rather pay with Paypal too. Please send me the info. too.

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 08:08 AM
You can PayPal me, I'll PM you too

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Here are the AlphaMail direct payment instructions, for any new pledges that want to get their money there and help me avoid PaylPal fees. Just reply here, and let us know if you made, so that we have an idea what the final total is. :) It will help me sort out the final matching with Paula on Monday morning.
---------------------------------------------
The 2000 piece mail goal for Greenville has been met - I'm guardedly hopeful that a few more folks might step up today, but who knows, maybe this is it.

Please follow these instructions to complete your donation. I have tried to give everyone this information in the morning, so that you have the daylight hours available.

(1) Write a check to "AlphaMail" for your pledge amount. Put "Ron Paul Invitations" in the memo corner.

(2) Get a blank sheet of paper, or one with at least a blank side and very little written on the back

(3) Tape the check to the blank sheet.

(4) Write on the blank page, above the check:

"Attention Paula Ramsey: Ron Paul Invitations"
Put your name and your cell phone number underneath, so that
she can reach you Monday morning if there was any problem with the FAX

(5) FAX the check to AlphaMail at (704) 484-1685

(5) You can also follow up with her to "paula {at} AlphaMail.com" to confirm receipt, if you'd like

(6) Please respond in private mail to me, that you've made the FAX and I can check off your name.

Thank you for taking part in this effort! The more people that know Ron Paul is coming to Greenville, the better. Conventional mailing is still a needed component of the "get-the-word-out" phase of the campaign.

R3V0LUT10N!

DeadheadForPaul
07-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about the use of "nanny" The average person doesn't care for such wording. I feel like that word is limited to the libertarian camp. How about intrusive government

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm fine with that change. Does that mean you'll make a pledge? :D Heh.

I'll post a revision in a few minutes, plus adding the campaign HQ number.

LibertyEagle and specsaregood, I have your PayPal confirmations

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Come on people. He has a Paypal account. Even if you can only chip in 10 or 20 bucks, let's help him get the word out about Ron Paul in South Carolina. :)

specsaregood
07-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Come on people. He has a Paypal account. Even if you can only chip in 10 or 20 bucks, let's help him out. :)

Agreed. This type of contribution is stealth/grassroots campaigning. It won't show up in the "official" numbers, but just adds to the mystery surrounding RP's quickly growing campaign.

Noodles
07-15-2007, 08:38 AM
"Beltram predicts about 200 people will show up."

Can we have another 1000 or better showing?

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 08:43 AM
We're just emphasizing the Greenville appearance on the cards since that one is free. After all, the cards will be showing up on Thurs/Fri... some locals may decide at the last minute to hear RP speak nearby, and maybe make a donation there, which would go to the RP campaign, not the Spartanburg establishment.

I'm sure a few hundred netizens will attend the $25 Spartanburg Q&A anyway.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Remember, this pertains to the event that we were all up in arms about because Beltram was going to shut Dr. Paul out. Remember? Well, we got Beltram to buckle. It's going to backfire on us if we don't have a great showing of people to hear Dr. Paul speak.

So, let's help with the costs of getting these mailers printed. Mozo is doing all the work. We just need to chip in a few bucks.

Let's do this thing, folks. :D Let's remind Beltram who he's dealing with!

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah. Anyone in the area that knows about Beltram should definately go to Spartanburg and at least add to the crowd outside.

Here is the current post card:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1381/818377753_e7cf0ca0f5.jpg

I'll be away from the computer for a while, but will check back in late tonight.

UCFGavin
07-15-2007, 08:58 AM
I can do $10, but thats the best I can do. Already donated this paycheck and I'm just a broke college kid.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 09:03 AM
I can do $10, but thats the best I can do. Already donated this paycheck and I'm just a broke college kid.

That's GREAT, Gavin. Thanks. PM Mozo and he can give you a PayPal account to send the money to.

Anyone else?

specsaregood
07-15-2007, 10:40 AM

Another great American steps up. Mozo has done all the work in this effort. I have already informed him that I will cover any shortfall if we don't hit the minimum --to make sure this happens; but It would be nice if some more members stepped up with a few bucks for this effort. Even a little adds up to a lot and remember Mozo is already doing his own promotion with some radio ads.

ecliptic
07-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Please do not direct them to RonPaulForums. This is not a good place for people to come when they are first finding out about Dr. Paul. Direct them to campaign headquarters or something, please.

I agree that these forums are a place people should find on their own. Do not advertise these forums but rather send them to these three websites:

http://www.house.gov/paul/

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

http://www.dailypaul.com/

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Bump!

Just got my radio spot recorded (see that thread). Come on, people... surprise me! :) Let me see a big set of mail pledges when I get back. (Probably around 11PM)

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Anyone else willing to help out on this? Even $10 would help.

Harald
07-15-2007, 12:54 PM
If possible, please replace

"Honor the constitution" with "Uphold the constitution".

Also, can you pm me your paypall info. I might not be able to get the the fax today

Thank you,
Gor

Lord Xar
07-15-2007, 12:56 PM
ditto. Fax might be hard to come by today.. BUT, I will paypal you my $50

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 08:43 PM
bump. Anyone else willing to help?

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 09:02 PM
OK, Gor.. money talks! I made the change.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1376/824744174_48cf2c5446.jpg

nayjevin
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
I think this is a good design given your constraints. Great effort, mozovote. I'm sorry I don't have funds (even a couple dollars) but I have some small suggestions, should you choose to accept them:

I think I would say 'our children didn't earn this debt'

I don't think there should be a comma in 'paul's 20 year voting record proves he does'

'come hear ron paul address the great issues we face, and explain why a new direction for our country is needed!' kind of makes it sound like we're asking the person to come and explain the new direction.

Perhaps, 'come hear ron paul address the great issues we face, and hear the Congressman explain his plan to take our country in a new direction'

UCFGavin
07-15-2007, 09:46 PM
how are we looking in regards to funds?

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I think this is a good design given your constraints. Great effort, mozovote. I'm sorry I don't have funds (even a couple dollars) but I have some small suggestions, should you choose to accept them:

I think I would say 'our children didn't earn this debt'

I don't think there should be a comma in 'paul's 20 year voting record proves he does'

'come hear ron paul address the great issues we face, and explain why a new direction for our country is needed!' kind of makes it sound like we're asking the person to come and explain the new direction.

Perhaps, 'come hear ron paul address the great issues we face, and hear the Congressman explain his plan to take our country in a new direction'

I think these are all good suggestions.

Roxi
07-15-2007, 10:12 PM

or Come hear Ron Paul address the great issues we face, and how he plans to take our country in a new direction

MozoVote
07-15-2007, 10:29 PM
OK, I'll ding the comma. ;)

I'm done making phrasing changes though. It's time to put this sucker to bed. I'm e-mailing AlphaMail with the final, and picking a few zip codes with high voter turnout and lots of Republicans for them to sprinkle the cards.

Wish we could have made 5000 pieces, but hey this is a learning exercise in grassroots activism. Maybe San Antonio can gain from this experience, and make jazzy cards that will get more interest.

Thanks again, to those who have pledged to get this off the ground.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 10:34 PM
You didn't get anything at all from the Meetup Groups?

beermotor
07-16-2007, 04:40 AM
Before I transfer you my cash, did we make enough to do this?

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 06:13 AM
Yes, it's done. We raised $693 in pledges including my matches. I'm not sure right now what the PayPal fees were, so it's probably within a few bucks of $670. If it's still under, I'll chip in and get it there. If the contributors paid the fees, we might have a small overage which I'll apply to some more activism. (I am not accustomed to RECEIVING money in PayPal! ;) )

And I will need to ferry the final cashier's check to the mailer which might cost $5 or something on my lunch break. Basically, we covered it.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1047/827459279_febe5f5c71.jpg

Here's my e-mail to Paula at AlphaMail.com.
------------------------

Let me know what has shown up at the FAX, I need to square it with PayPal donations that I have gotten, to figure out the true total. Most of the contributors wanted to PayPal their pledges. I will make sure you have the funds needed to plug for 2000 postcards, by mid-day.

Attached is a Word doc version and an image file. I think this will fit, you might need to fuss with font size - but it should not take much effort to format for printing.

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 08:02 AM
I just got off the phone with Paula at AlphaMail - everything looks set to go. She did accidentally delete an e-mail from one of you (probably wbbgjr) so re-send if you needed to reach her.

I will be driving a cashier's check to them tonight.

LibertyEagle
07-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Thanks for doing all this, Mozo!

wbbgjr
07-16-2007, 10:20 AM
mozo I sent you a provate message on this too, but just in case you didn't get it... my fax isn't working correctly. message me with you paypal email and I will pay you that way.

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Excellent work, looks like we're 100% pull through on the pledges, in only 2 days. ;)

Alphamail does have the funds. I left work early, drove there with a cashier's check and made it to their door at 5 minutes to 5:00. Whew!

It's up to Amanda and Paula to handle now. I told them time is of the essence and to get those puppies mailed.

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Good news. I got the proofs from AlphaMail (I guess they work late) and the entire message does fit on a card nicely.

This is gonna happen. We need a "beer" smiley. :cool: