PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it all come down to Iowa?

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong, because I am trying to understand all of this:

1. FoxNews has excluded Paul from the Sunday, January 6th debates.
2. If Paul doesn't place at least 4th in Iowa, ABC will exclude him from the Saturday debates.

Isn't it clear to everyone what MUST happen next?

I feel more grassroots effort should be concentrated on Iowa and here is why:

Two things we know about Iowa

1. The Iowa Caucus is a hard cookie to crack, so to speak. Especially as a GOP outsider.
2. Ron Paul must finish at least 3rd in Iowa or, I won't say that he is finished, but all momentum will be lost, in addition to exclusion from the weekend debates in NH. Things snowball, good and bad.

Now for the good part:

If Paul finishes at least 3rd in Iowa, I believe four things will happen:
1. At least until NH, Paul will be on the map in MSM.
2. Paul will qualify for the ABC debates
3. FoxNews will be pressured to grudgingly send an invite to Paul for the Sunday debates.
4. Momentum from all of this will carry to the NH primaries.

At this point, Iowa, not New Hampshire, is what it all comes down to. If Paul doesn't finish at least 3rd, the campaign is crippled IMO.

Is there anything else we can do to help the cause in Iowa?

Cowlesy
01-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Kubrick - welcome to the board. :)

Please use the search feature and keyword "Iowa" -- we have lots of reports from grassroot'rs on the ground who are working tirelessly to give us the campaign a good showing on caucus day!

Dustancostine
01-01-2008, 11:29 AM
RP has already qualified for the ABC debate.

Real_CaGeD
01-01-2008, 11:29 AM
MSM seems to placing "many eggs" in the Iowa basket.

The stakes are rising at a fast pace.

ItsTime
01-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Ron Paul is polling high enough in New Hampshire to make the ABC debate and will be there.

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-01-2008, 11:30 AM
RP has already qualified for the ABC debate.

How so?

constitutional
01-01-2008, 11:31 AM
This is a good thread, it discusses strategy. Why give it 1 star?

I believe the campaign is running ads in IA and sending out calls and postcards to make sure we come out top 3.

Welcome to the boards.

trey4sports
01-01-2008, 11:32 AM
welcome.
i like your analysis, but i would prefer they dont include the good doctor in the fox debate so we rally and get even more attention. we need a 5K+ rally outside of the fox forum. just to shake things up a bit........

Dustancostine
How so?

Because he has met two out of the three criteria needed to attend. To be able to attend you only have to meet one out of the three criteria to attend.

schmeisser
How so?

According to WMUR news director Andrew Vrees and a posting on the ABC News web site, in order to participate in the Saturday night back-to-back GOP and Democratic events at Saint Anselm College, candidates must meet at least one of three criteria:

– Place in the top four in the Iowa caucuses, which will be held on Thursday.

– Poll 5 percent or higher in one of the last four reputable random sample New Hampshire telephone surveys sponsored by an established news organization and conducted and released by 9 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 4.

– Poll 5 percent or higher in one of the last four reputable random sample national telephone surveys sponsored by an established news organization and conducted and released on or before 9 a.m. on Jan. 4.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2008/01/ron_paul_excluded_from_fox_debate/

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Because he has met two out of the three criteria needed to attend. To be able to attend you only have to meet one out of the three criteria to attend.

Great to hear!

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the most relevant thread on Iowa status I can find here...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=69582&highlight=Iowa

And thank you! Me and my one star are glad to be here... :D

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-01-2008, 11:38 AM
welcome.
i like your analysis, but i would prefer they dont include the good doctor in the fox debate so we rally and get even more attention. we need a 5K+ rally outside of the fox forum. just to shake things up a bit........

I disagree. I feel Paul would be able to shake things up far better from inside those walls.