PDA

View Full Version : Politico.com frontpage - Ron Paul warns of staged terror attack

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-13-2007, 05:44 PM
This headline seems like libel. Did Ron Paul actually say this? The article doesn't indicate that he did.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0707/Ron_Paul_warns_of_staged_terror_attack.html

Ron Paul warns of staged terror attack

Republican presidential candidate, Rep. Ron Paul, said the country is in "great danger" of the U.S. government staging a terrorist attack or a Gulf of Tonkin style provocation, as the war in Iraq continues to deteriorate.

The Texas congressman offered no specifics nor mentioned President Bush by name, but he clearly insinuated that the administration would not be above staging an incident to revive flagging support.

"We're in danger in many ways," Paul said on the Alex Jones radio show. "The attack on our civil liberties here at home, the foreign policy that's in shambles and our obligations overseas and commitment which endangers our troops and our national defense."

Paul was asked to respond to comments by anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan that the U.S. is in danger of a staged terror attack or a provocation of an enemy similar to the Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1964 before the Vietnam War.

During the radio interview, Paul said the government was conducting "an orchestrated effort to blame the Iranians for everything that has gone wrong in Iraq."

The comments come as several prominent terrorism experts have warned the U.S. is facing an increased risk of attack this summer. Earlier this week, in an interview with the Chicago Tribune, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said he had a "gut feeling" the U.S. would be attacked again.

The remark angered some Democrats, who criticized Chertoff for being too vague. And some pundits seized on his remarks, saying the vague warnings were meant only to revive flagging support for the war in Iraq and Bush’s larger war against terrorism.

DjLoTi
07-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't think this is really good because it further implies that RP is associated with the ' truth movement' and has 'fringe' philosophies.

*edit* after going to the website, and reading the article, I'd definitely say this is a bad piece for RP. Yeah, not a good article for the Dr.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Listen to the actual interview here:

http://prisonplanet.com/audio/130707paul.mp3

First of all, Dr. Paul is not 74 - he's 71.

richard1984
07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
There's nothing wrong with a movement toward truth, though, is there? I mean, I'm confident in Dr. Paul's integrity, honesty, and ability to see the bigger picture. Anyway, Dr. Paul knows what's up. It would be a bad move to start calling him a conspiracy theorist. Rather, we should acknowledge him as a truth-seeker (and a damn fine one).
Ron Paul is his own movement. He doesn't need to borrow from other outside streams.

ThePieSwindler
07-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Um, well, in the interview with Jones, he didn't actually say that he thought the government would stage terror. Jones said that, and then Ron said that we are "in danger of an attack, because of our continuation of a failed foreign policy". So technically, the Prisonplanet article is wrong. I ike Alex Jones and he's right about alot, but I knew this was going to be used against Ron, when its not really even what he said. :(

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Um, well, in the interview with Jones, he didn't actually say that he thought the government would stage terror. Jones said that, and then Ron said that we are "in danger of an attack, because of our continuation of a failed foreign policy". So technically, the Prisonplanet article is wrong. I ike Alex Jones and he's right about alot, but I knew this was going to be used against Ron, when its not really even what he said. :(

I agree, I think that prisonplanet article does Dr. Paul a major disservice.

FSP-Rebel
07-13-2007, 06:08 PM
I agree, I think that prisonplanet article does Dr. Paul a major disservice.
If the gov is behind the attacks, are we just gonna ignore it because it makes us look 'bad?'

Tuck
07-13-2007, 06:14 PM
This article doesn't surprise me sadly it will only get worse, I would be willing to bet anything that the only media coverage Ron Paul will get from the Ames straw poll will be because of the 9.11 truth shirts seen in his crowd of supporters.

ronpaulitician
07-13-2007, 06:19 PM
It doesn't take a genius to notice the absence of a proper quote from Ron Paul in this article.

"great danger"
"We're in danger in many ways. The attack on our civil liberties here at home, the foreign policy that's in shambles and our obligations overseas and commitment which endangers our troops and our national defense."
"an orchestrated effort to blame the Iranians for everything that has gone wrong in Iraq."

That's very "quote-light" for an article about a radio interview.

Electrostatic
07-13-2007, 06:20 PM
This entire issue sucks ass... The fact is that the government straight out said they plan these types of "attacks" in Operation Northwoods......

But a large percentage of people in this country could be handed the document from a government employee with an exact explanation of what it means and still deny it.

It really worries me when you consider the probable outcome.

I mean right now they are putting out this crap to try to get us behind attacking Iran... http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/02/iraq/main3004498.shtml

It IS NOT working... What's the next step?? Well, unfortunately, unless you believe these people are saints or have no knowledge of history, the next step is this: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/index.html

This is straight from the National Security Archives!!! How the hell can you expect to get people who support Ron Paul to be silent about this crap when they have the original documents?

Yet on the other hand, the people who are so deep in denial they will read this information straight from the NSA's own mouth and still call it a "wild conspiracy" will be turned off by the campaign when they realize that we aren't all in denial along with them....

It's a bad situation any way you look at it.

TheConstitutionLives
07-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Damn you, Alex Jones!

He didn't have to bait Paul in like that. Shit. Talk about something else for Christ's sake. Talk about Free Markets or dealing with Healthcare. But NO! He's gotta go down the one road that can harm Paul's candidacy.

Listen, I KNOW the "official story" of 911 is a lie. Hell, the 911 Commissoners even ADMITTED that they were lied to so bad they almost turned the investigation over to the Justice Department.

See Link for clarification: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/01/AR2006080101300.html

However, why Alex continues to go down this walk on a tight rope is straight up arrogance. He wants the "big story" for his websites that do put out some good stuff but they exaggerate everything like crazy.

This bothered me so bad that I tried to call into AJ's show today to speak my mind on the matter but the lines were already full. This crap has got to stop. AJ is pissing me off.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 07:51 PM

This article really pisses me off. I heard the interview and Dr. Paul did not say what Jones implies he did. DAMN ALEX JONES!:mad:

FreedomLover
07-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Ron Paul is the one who agreed to be interviewed, he has to expect this kind of thing to happen considering who he's talking to. I assume he realizes, and I hope he knows it doesn't help him much.

DavyDuke17
07-13-2007, 07:55 PM
This is important, we have to contact politico.com and give them a link to the actual interview and explain thats not what he said. It would be best to stop this before it gets picked up by other news sources.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Well, I for one just canceled my prisonplanet.tv subscription! I'm mad as all hell at Alex Jones, that little self-aggrandizing ass.

ThePieSwindler
07-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I agree the truth needs to get out, but not like this. We need Ron to be president, meaning we need to run a campaign with a mainstream bent. Once Ron is then elected, independant investigations can begin. Then, the truth can spread like wildfire, and hopefully people will finally listen. All this does is make Ron look like hes in with the "conspiracy theorists", which is bad for his campaign, even if the information is true.

What bothers me is - i listened to the interview - Alex baited him with asking him a question under the assumption it was already obviously staged terror, and didn't actually ask Ron if he thought it was staged terror. Then when Ron proceeds to explain that we are in danger because of poor foreign policy, its spun around into articles like this. I like Alex Jones, and his heart is overall in the right place.. but this really puts a dent in his credibility, in my opinion.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Bury this:

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_U_S_In_Great_Danger_Of_Staged_Terror

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 08:21 PM
This is important, we have to contact politico.com and give them a link to the actual interview and explain thats not what he said. It would be best to stop this before it gets picked up by other news sources.

The only problem with that David, is if all of the self-aggrandizing of Alex's at the end of the interview is in there, when Alex was talking about how all of Dr. Paul's support comes from his audience. That wouldn't look good at all.

TheConstitutionLives
07-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Well, I for one just canceled my prisonplanet.tv subscription! I'm mad as all hell at Alex Jones, that little self-aggrandizing ass.

I used to have a membership. I just can't take a whole lot of Alex anymore. The issues he covers are very important and very relevant. It's HIM I can't take, not the content. He has on some of the most interesting guests and it sure would be nice to hear what THEY have to say. He finishes every sentence of theirs everytime. I'm just tired of it. I only listen to the show for the first 5 minutes to see who the guest will be and then decide whether or not I feel like listening to him talk over the guest b/c I'd really like to hear what THEY have to say. He should smoke a joint before every show to chill him out some. His interviewing style is no different than that of O'reilly's. Don't let them speak. Just mow them over to try and prove to the audience that he knows more than the guest. I prefer Jack Blood b/c he's a gentleman.

DavyDuke17
07-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Man, I gave Alex Jones the benefit of the doubt but this is absolutely horrible.

It wasn't just the horrible question (does this guy have any idea on how to win an election?). The politico headline is horrible and takes him out of context but they didn't exactly come up with it themselves, PrisonPlanet has the same exact headline: http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2007/130707greatdanger.htm

Alex Jones might like to say his audience is most of Paul's support, but I definitely think most people like me found him from the debates. I have no problem with Jones' ideas and even agree with him quite a bit, but it seems like this latest stunt was to attract attention to himself and his movement, not Ron Pauls.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 08:33 PM
I just listened to the interview and the AJ bragging at the end isn't included in the recording. So at least that is good.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 08:38 PM
It's on DIGG and it looks like the conspiracy crowd is in full force. 9-11 is an inside job; false flag operations; Operation Northwoods. Geez. All of this is fine, but to associate it with Ron Paul.........................

Try to Bury this if you can.

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_U_S_In_Great_Danger_Of_Staged_Terror

PatriotOne
07-13-2007, 08:43 PM

LOL....your being quite the drama queen Liberty! I seriously doubt you had a subscription to Alex Jones in the first place.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 08:45 PM
LOL....your being quite the drama queen Liberty! I seriously doubt you had a subscription to Alex Jones in the first place.

Wanna bet!!!!!!!!:mad:

He's got his stupid final cut of Terrorstorm on the front page, here: http://prisonplanet.tv/members/members.html

Here are the other things he has on the front page after you enter your password:
Endgame Sneak Preview at the Alamo Drafthouse

Richard Gage of Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth On WTC Collapse

Alex Jones & Aaron Dykes on the Eugenics Agenda

Alex Debates David Mayer de Rothschild On Global Warming

Larry Johnson On Car Bomb Terror Hysteria

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Drama queen, eh? Do you like it that ALEX JONES LIED about what Dr. Paul said in the interview? Well, do you? Do you like the fact that it has been picked up and is on the front page of Politico with the same pack of lies article title that Jones gave it?

PatriotOne
07-13-2007, 08:51 PM

PatriotOne
07-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Drama queen, eh? Do you like it that ALEX JONES LIED about what Dr. Paul said in the interview? Well, do you? Do you like the fact that it has been picked up and is on the front page of Politico with the same pack of lies article title that Jones gave it?

What lie?

PatriotOne
07-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Wanna bet!!!!!!!!:mad:

He's got his stupid final cut of Terrorstorm on the front page, here: http://prisonplanet.tv/members/members.html

Here are the other things he has on the front page after you enter your password:
Endgame Sneak Preview at the Alamo Drafthouse

Richard Gage of Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth On WTC Collapse

Alex Jones & Aaron Dykes on the Eugenics Agenda

Alex Debates David Mayer de Rothschild On Global Warming

Larry Johnson On Car Bomb Terror Hysteria

I stand corrected. Okay, so you are a fan of Alex Jones but can't stand the guy? What's up with that?

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I am NOT a fan. A long time ago, maybe. But, for the last year or so I have come to believe he is nothing but controlled opposition. I have enjoyed some of the links to articles that he provides, but that is about all.

This latest little deal of his finally cuts it though.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Dr. Paul did not say it was a false flag. That was AJ leading the conversation. ALL ALEX, as usual.

PatriotOne
07-13-2007, 08:59 PM
I am NOT a fan. A long time ago, maybe. But, for the last year or so I have come to believe he is nothing but controlled opposition. I have enjoyed some of the links to articles that he provides, but that is about all.

This latest little deal of his finally cuts it though.

So where is the lie in the article? Here's Ron Paul speaking to Congress saying the same thing. It was on C-Span.

VIDEO: Congressman Ron Paul warns of a new "CONTRIVED Gulf of Tonkin type incident"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8MIENVtKw

TheConstitutionLives
07-13-2007, 08:59 PM
I just reread the article and I had listened to the interview earlier. I see no misrepresentations in it. The Gulf of Tonkin was a staged terrorist attack. What's the problem? This is the second time Ron Paul has mentioned False Flag terrorist attacks on the U.S. on AJ's show.

It doesn't matter. AJ exaggerates everything. He purposely baits people to say something he can put as a headline in his articles. He does it all the time and it's not cool. He did it to Sibel Edmonds and Daniel Ellsberg. In fact, Daniel sent word the day after he was on to make them change the title of an article they wrote about him. Jones should know better. We have to be very very careful with Ron Paul b/c everyone doesn't think like we do. They see that headline and immediately have a negative opinion of Paul. Jones and the gang didn't have to do what they did but b/c Alex wants the publicity (SURPRISE) he does it. Why? Because it's about HIM. He's a bully. He's done alot of good, yes. BUT, he's still a punk.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Let's start off with the title: " Ron Paul: U.S. In "Great Danger" Of Staged Terror".

Ron Paul DID NOT SAY THAT. That was Alex leading him.

PatriotOne
07-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Dr. Paul did not say it was a false flag. That was AJ leading the conversation. ALL ALEX, as usual.

Give RP a break. He is far to intelligent to be led into anything. Besides...I don't see Alex leading him in this video while speaking to congress:

I've heard RP say it 3 times now. Call it a contrived terrorist attack or False Flag...it's the same thing.

PatriotOne
07-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Let's start off with the title: " Ron Paul: U.S. In "Great Danger" Of Staged Terror".

Ron Paul DID NOT SAY THAT. That was Alex leading him.

Ummm...he did agree with it so what is your point?

Gee
07-13-2007, 09:07 PM
So where is the lie in the article?
A "Gulf of Tonkin" incident is not a "stagged terror attack". He only warned about the former, as he's been doing for years, not the later. Alex Jones blatantly lied, and other blogs and news sites simply copied his article.

PatriotOne
07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
A "Gulf of Tonkin" incident is not a "stagged terror attack". He only warned about the former, as he's been doing for years, not the later. Alex Jones blatantly lied, and other blogs and news sites simply copied his article.

What do you call The Gulf of Tonkin incident?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident

richard1984
07-13-2007, 09:14 PM
I think, perhaps, that Alex Jones has developed a very extreme obsession with this whole way of looking at the world, to the point where it seems to be running over into everything--i.e., he puts words in other peoples' mounths, assuming he spoke and felt for all. Now, I have a lot of respect for Alex Jones. But I really think the man needs to go on a damn vacation. Pack it up and go to Jamaica for a month. Hang wth the Rastas or something. Or just get drunk on the beach every day. He just needs to separate himself from what has become a severe obsession for him for a while.
He's been running too hard. And if it gets to the point where it could potentially hurt Dr. Paul's campaign, we know it has gotten out of hand. I think it's getting out of hand.

Go on vacation Alex Jones!
You deserve it. And I think that you would benefit from it.

SwordOfShannarah
07-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Maybe its time we all got behind this stuff. To hell with the mainstream media.. They're going to lie? Geee I didn't see that coming.

The only reason the "truth" doesn't get out there is because most people won't stand behind it, or won't research enough to know about it. People don't want to know the truth, and they never will unless they hear the message over and over.

Santorum just said the other day we're going to have terror attacks between now and the next election. I mean- it really is the truth. All their power and all their money relies on us being scared into giving it to them. Without terror they lose everything.

So why are we all so afraid of the truth? If more people spoke out about it more people would have to come to terms with it. After all, he did agree with Alex.

If Ron Paul stands behind the truth we should stand behind him.

Bradley in DC
07-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Looks as if the headline writer took liberties to get attention. The substance of the article and quotations does not substantiate the headline grabber.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 09:27 PM
After all, he did agree with Alex.

I'm not so sure about that. Alex is fond of spouting off a bunch of crap, then going to the person he interviews. It would take the entire interview to go through each thing that Alex said and say yes, no, yes, no, no. All we can go by is what actually came out of Dr. Paul's mouth. Not what Alex led him with.

If Ron Paul stands behind the truth we should stand behind him.

Yes. But, in this campaign, we should support what Dr. Paul said. Not what Alex embellished. They are not one in the same.

Gee
07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
What do you call The Gulf of Tonkin incident?
A falsified attack on a Navy vessel. A "stagged terror attack" would be something against civilians, and is a direct and obvious insinuation that Paul believes 9/11 was such an attack.

ThePieSwindler
07-13-2007, 09:42 PM
After Alex goes into his little diatribe about all the assaults on our civil liberties (which is true), Ron simply says "yes we are in danger because of all these assaults on our civil liberties, a foreign policy in shambles, an orchestrated effort to blame Iran for everything thats gone wrong in Iraq. He does not actualy say anything about staged terror or that 9/11 was staged. He simply says we are in danger for (insert all the reasons he has laid out in the debate, etc here). He also talks about being in danger from terrorists either abroad or here at home... he says TERRORISTS, NOT staged terror.

Alex Jones is absolutely right about all this stuff, but he is wrong for misquoting Ron and putting words in his mouth. It was actually an excellent interview, where they discussed alot of real important issues. However, Alex should have known this would backfire. Oh well...

winston_blade
07-13-2007, 09:50 PM
RP said nothing wrong according to what he was quoted as saying. He shouldn't go on Alex Jones's show anymore though. He's already hit that audience hard, and he should be going on other people's radio shows.

SwordOfShannarah
07-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Alex is fond of spouting off a bunch of crap, then going to the person he interviews. It would take the entire interview to go through each thing that Alex said and say yes, no, yes, no, no. All we can go by is what actually came out of Dr. Paul's mouth. Not what Alex led him with.

Yes. But, in this campaign, we should support what Dr. Paul said. Not what Alex embellished. They are not one in the same.

Absolutely agreed on that. Get it straight from the horses mouth. But I also think that going on the Alex Jones show (at this point in the game) is blurring the words as they come out.

JPFromTally
07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Remember, these are PNAC's words in 1999.

Further, the process of transformation,
even if it brings revolutionary change, is
likely to be a long one, absent some
catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a
new Pearl Harbor.

Do a Google search for PNAC. Read the textx and see who signed it. The same people who brought you the war.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Yes, yes, I know. However, that has nothing whatsoever to do with what Dr. Paul said.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-13-2007, 10:33 PM
This article is an example of why making Ron Paul the poster boy of "9/11 truth" and such things does not help the campaign.

If the true goal of the elites is to create a new world order, why don't they run on that platform? Because that platform will never win over the people. Instead, they run on a mainstream platform and win every time.

Similarly, running on conspiracy theories (whether true or not) will not win over the people. All of us should be trying to emphasize Ron Paul's aspects that bring wide appeal. This will bring the masses into the campaign.

STA654
07-13-2007, 10:36 PM
This could be considered libel, we should email Politico.com and ask for a retraction and apology.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Politico picked up Alex Jones' article, as is. It is Alex Jones that should retract it and issue an apology. He caused the mess and he needs to clean it up for once.

kimosabi
07-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I think this is great, the best way of stopping staged terrorist attacks is to get the concept out into the mainstream.

I don't see a problem with this at all.

Now if a Terrorist Attack happens, people will have this little thing in the back of their minds that the government could be behind it.

This is using the NWO tactics against them. They try to pre-condition us to believe that Al Qaida is behind every Terrorist Attack, so now we can pre-condition the public to believe that if a Terrorist Attack happens, the government could be behind it.

Considering 70% of Americans want 9/11 re-investigated, what's the problem.

I hope the MSM latches onto this, this could get huge exposure for Ron Paul....

PatriotOne
07-13-2007, 10:46 PM

4Horsemen
07-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Some people need to over come their psychological barriers. False flag terrorism has been going on since the Roman Empire. The Pearl Harbor attack wasn't a surprise attack, even the History Channel admits that FDR knew 2 weeks in advance because they broke the Japanese codes. Who benefits from the war on terrorism? Sure isn't the Muslims. Hitler used the same tactic to start WWII. People only want to hear what they are prepared to hear, nobody likes to feel incompetent, ill informed, or uneducated. We are a nation full of T.V. zombies. No man wants to volunteer to go get slaughtered, so a "threat" must be perceived to have wars.

ThePieSwindler
07-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I think this is great, the best way of stopping staged terrorist attacks is to get the concept out into the mainstream.

I don't see a problem with this at all.

Now if a Terrorist Attack happens, people will have this little thing in the back of their minds that the government could be behind it.

This is using the NWO tactics against them. They try to pre-condition us to believe that Al Qaida is behind every Terrorist Attack, so now we can pre-condition the public to believe that if a Terrorist Attack happens, the government could be behind it.

I hope the MSM latches onto this, this could get huge exposure for Ron Paul....

Ok, so then what happens if they decide to put the staged terror on hold, lambaste Ron Paul for being a kook, marginalize him, then as the primaries near, after Ron Paul drops out, they stage terror. Maybe people will wake up a little bit more... but Ron's character will be a casualty. We want to get Ron Paul ELECTED! NOT marginalized.

Look, i know false flag ops are real - Operation northwoods and such prove this. I'm not saying its not, and im not some COINTELPRO agent trying to take down the truth movement - im an Alex Jones fan myself. But i still have to point out that the alex jones article, and the politico article that stole the words from it, and the AOL piece, are all misrepresenting what Paul's official stance on the War on Terror is. Thats all - and its backfiring. More important than getting the truth out is getting back to a constitutional government -that is the ultimate goal of the patriot movement that Alex Jones is behind, and is more important than even exposing the NWO and the staged terrorism.

Gee
07-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Some people need to over come their psychological barriers. False flag terrorism has been going on since the Roman Empire. The Pearl Harbor attack wasn't a surprise attack, even the History Channel admits that FDR knew 2 weeks in advance because they broke the Japanese codes. Who benefits from the war on terrorism? Sure isn't the Muslims. Hitler used the same tactic to start WWII. People only want to hear what they are prepared to hear, nobody like to feel incompetent, ill informed, or uneducated. We are a nation full of T.V. zombies. No man wants to volunteer to go get slaughtered, so a "threat" must be perceived to have wars.
Yeah, but we hardly needed, or need, false-flag operations when we are provoking attacks already. Our government has got that part covered :mad:

kimosabi
07-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Ok, so then what happens if they decide to put the staged terror on hold, lambaste Ron Paul for being a kook, marginalize him, then as the primaries near, after Ron Paul drops out, they stage terror. Maybe people will wake up a little bit more... but Ron's character will be a casualty. We want to get Ron Paul ELECTED! NOT marginalized.

Ron Paul has overwhelmingly demonstrated that he can look after himself...

And if you haven't already noticed, he is already being marginalized...

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 11:34 PM

I don't give a crap if 100% of Americans want 9/11 investigated. The title of the article is a complete fabrication. In other words, A LIE.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Sigh...is it no wonder the truth isn't allowed to go public and the Neo-con's criminals have been able take control? You guys can't even handle the fact that our Government does False Flags/Staged Terror/etc., when it comes out of Ron Paul's own mouth....3 TIMES.

You show me where Dr. Paul said "our government staged false flags".

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 11:37 PM
And if you haven't already noticed, he is already being marginalized...

Yes he is, but do we have to help them?? :confused: I thought we were supposed to be his supporters, not his enemies.

kimosabi
07-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Yes he is, but do we have to help them?? :confused: I thought we were supposed to be his supporters, not his enemies.

And another thing, guess what happens if there is another "Terrorist" attack.

George W Bush can declare "Martial Law" and then there probably won't be another election.

Alex Jones is right, most of you guys have no idea how much trouble you are in...

micahnelson
07-13-2007, 11:45 PM
This is insanity. Do you understand the seriousness of this campaign? Ron Paul is one of the last defenders of liberty out there. Do you want to see what Ron Paul thinks about 9/11

Paul: Well, I think the more we know about what we went on is good. But I don't think there's any evidence of [an inside job] and I don't believe that. The blame goes to bad policy.

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/120338.html

Now please get over it. Ron Paul is a kind person to talk to Alex Jones, but if he keeps up this association it will be the end of his campaign. This will get national coverage and I hope to God it doesn't stick.

Not to lose my cool, but you know why conspiracy theorists are complete hypocrites? Alex Jones, your hero, just did more to discredit Ron Paul than the GOP or Fox News ever did, but you will not call him on it. Instead, you ask us to agree that the government is going to "False Flag" or whatever the hell. Saddam did not attack us and we invaded Iraq. Whatever. Those of you in touch with Alex Jones get him under control, public apology, retract the story, redirect the link to a retraction.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Kimosabi,

Grow up. It's not only Alex Jones' minions that know anything about what is going on in our country. HOWEVER, SOME OF US WOULD LIKE TO GET DR. PAUL ELECTED! Because he actually might be able to stop some of this crap going on in our country.

Going around acting like a bunch of whack jobs is not going to stop Bush from declaring martial law. Yes, I know about his PDD51.

Alex Jones does not "own" Ron Paul. He has no right to put out a pack of lies about what he said in an interview. No right at all.

This is the big time, boys and girls. We're talking about the Presidency of the United States of America. Do you think this is a GAME, or something? It's not. This is one of our last chances to save our country. You should be as mad as I am that Alex did this. He needs to retract it immediately!

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-13-2007, 11:52 PM
And another thing, guess what happens if there is another "Terrorist" attack.

George W Bush can declare "Martial Law" and then there probably won't be another election.

Alex Jones is right, most of you guys have no idea how much trouble you are in...

If you want to get out of this trouble then your goal should be to get Ron Paul elected.

I don't understand this logic: "Ron Paul can attract millions of mainstream, casually interested voters by telling them about government cover ups".

I don't think we are going to be able to get millions of Americans to re-learn their history so they will run out and vote for Ron Paul. However, if we focus on positive things like Ron Paul's support of the Constitution we will have a much better chance.

Lady Liberty
07-13-2007, 11:54 PM
I saw a summary of this on the Fox news ticker tonite. Hey, I'm happy to see his name out there. Any attempts to stir up controversy just end up making him stronger and getting his name out there to more people. The misinformation can be easily discredited by any reader who is willing to put forth the slightest effort in fact checking.

wecandoit
07-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Paul is way slicker than we are giving him credit for. He knows exactly what he is doing. TPTB want so desperately for him to give them something that they can paint him as a kook. So he gives them a little something they think they can nibble on and you get these inaccurate stories circulating around about what they thought he said.

Well that just spreads the word around to people who are "truthers" or predisposed to be truthers, and I can tell you that's a majority in this country right now, so he's probably pulling in even more people with these inacurate headlines.

But will they ever try to nail him on it in a big way, on a big stage? say they try to spring this on him at the next debate. You can bet he will be ready for it, he can correct what he said and expose them for the inaccurate assumption of what he said, then it will provide him with the opportunity to expand upon his point that he might not have otherwise had.

Before anyone tries to burn him on what he said in a big way, i.e. confront him with it on a network/cable TV interview, or spring it on him in a debate, they will first study what he said carefully, and realize they can't do it, and if they do try it, he'll burn them.

Dr. Paul never ceases to amaze me at how he seems to have these guys figured out, and plays the game one step ahead of them.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
wecandoit:

The thing is, Dr. Paul didn't do it. It was Alex's spin.

j650
07-14-2007, 12:03 AM
This was spun by Alex Jones, but he said the same thing to Congress in January!!!!! Why are you all saying this was spun but fail to mention him saying this in Congress? That speech happened in January and doesn't seem to have hurt him, so I don't think this will either. Here's exactly what he says...

"I am concerned, however, that a contrived Gulf of Tonkin type incident may well occur to gain popular support for an attack on Iran." -Ron Paul

Then he goes into talking about the incident may be staged by Israel over U.S. objections and we would be culpable for providing the funding and weapons for helping set it up.

SwordOfShannarah
07-14-2007, 12:05 AM
wecandoit:

I think I see what he is saying though. If any mainstream sources (tv) start to say this Ron Paul is going to get his chance on TV to clarify. At that same time not only will he clear up what he said, he will also bring attention (in the explanation) to the govs not so scrupulous past while making them look bad. So it's a win, win for him if they "take the bait". It will look bad at first but after a while the truth about what he said will come out.. just like with the "racist" smear. That backfired, I think more blacks support Ron Paul now than ever before. Why? Because hearing a candidate is a racist draws attention and when they look closer they see that the opposite is true, and so much more..

wecandoit
07-14-2007, 12:05 AM
wecandoit:

and Paul and Alex have known each other for how long?

this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened, the Brown tax case, same thing. It just spread his message more and they never were able to stick anything negative on him about it. They tried, but Paul's rate of growth never stopped climbing.

I'm telling you, the good doctor is playing them.

kimosabi
07-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Don't for one minute underestimate Alex Jones, he knows exactly what he is doing.

micahnelson
07-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Don't for one minute underestimate Alex Jones, he knows exactly what he is doing.

Right. The machiavelli of our time.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-14-2007, 12:14 AM
This was spun by Alex Jones, but he said the same thing to Congress in January!!!!! Why are you all saying this was spun but fail to mention him saying this in Congress? That speech happened in January and doesn't seem to have hurt him, so I don't think this will either. Here's exactly what he says...

"I am concerned, however, that a contrived Gulf of Tonkin type incident may well occur to gain popular support for an attack on Iran." -Ron Paul

Then he goes into talking about the incident may be staged by Israel over U.S. objections and we would be culpable for providing the funding and weapons for helping set it up.

To me, the phrases "contrived Gulf of Tonkin incident" and "staged terror attack" have very different meanings.

For one, he never said "staged terror attack". Those are very powerful words to falsely link to him. Second, when he refers to the Gulf of Tonkin, that sounds like he is thinking of a possible Iranian military attack on Israel or on our troops stationed in Iraq. Of course, he does not go into specifics so people can come to different conclusions about that.

Harald
07-14-2007, 12:17 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=1331647&mesg_id=1331647

"I don't care what people on DU say about Paul-
The man has been calling the spades, "spades" longer than any other Congressman.
From the very beginning of the Bush/Cheney pResidency, Ron Paul has tried to warn
the American people about them."

j650
07-14-2007, 12:21 AM
To me, the phrases "contrived Gulf of Tonkin incident" and "staged terror attack" have very different meanings.

For one, he never said "staged terror attack". Those are very powerful words to falsely link to him. Second, when he refers to the Gulf of Tonkin, that sounds like he is thinking of a possible Iranian attack on our troops stationed in Iraq. Of course, he does not go into specifics so people can come to different conclusions about that.

Ok, thanks for responding. I think what you're trying to get at is the 2nd ship attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin most likely never was attacked or it was overexaggerated and this is what Ron Paul is referring to and not a "staged terror attack" that would actually kill people. Is this what you mean? After re-thinking it I can see the difference in the meanings.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Ok, thanks for responding. I think what you're trying to get at is the 2nd ship attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin most likely never was attacked or it was overexaggerated and this is what Ron Paul is referring to and not a "staged terror attack" that would actually kill people. Is this what you mean? After re-thinking it I can see the difference in the meanings.

Yeah, when I read "staged terror attack" I immediately thought of another 9/11 type incident. I have thought of his Gulf of Tonkin comments as a parallel to some sort of Iranian military action.

Rabbit
07-14-2007, 12:45 AM
"Gulf of Tonkin" style incident explained:

RP's statement in Congress has nothing to do with staged terror and everything to do with maintaining an aggressive stance against another country.. RP explains that we are maintaining misdirected pressure towards Iran.. With so many people calling for war, he is concerned that people are going to engage in a self-fulfilling prophecy of escalated aggression that is without basis..

I'm actually glad about this recent "bad news." RP will get a lot of attention for it, and when the MSM tries to use it against him, he will masterfully clear everything up in a way that makes the interviewer look like an idiot (because of their arrogant ignorance), while RP makes off looking like a valid contender..

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-14-2007, 02:53 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=1331647&mesg_id=1331647

"I don't care what people on DU say about Paul-
The man has been calling the spades, "spades" longer than any other Congressman.
From the very beginning of the Bush/Cheney pResidency, Ron Paul has tried to warn
the American people about them."

See, even the die-hard LIBS over at DU understand what Ron Paul said.

Below is a post from the thread linked above:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=1331647&mesg_id=1331868

But wait. Did Paul actually say what the headline suggests?

The headline says "Ron Paul warns of staged terror attack"

Honestly, I don't get that from reading it. Unless of course I make some pretty bit logical leaps.

The staged terror attack idea seems to be Sheehan's, not Paul's.

Suggesting that the government was conducting "an orchestrated effort to blame the Iranians for everything that has gone wrong in Iraq" is definitely not the same as warning of a staged terror attack.

If he actually said this, why doesn't the article include the quote? That would seem to be rather important.

Its because Ron Paul DIDN'T say it... Alex Jones & Cindy Sheehan said it...

noztnac
12-24-2007, 01:13 AM
They are trying to link him with the conspiracy theorists. He said no such thing.

davidhperry
12-24-2007, 01:15 AM
They are trying to link him with the conspiracy theorists. He said no such thing.

What's with bringing up ancient posts?