PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ron Paul Today?

walt
01-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Everyone is out making speeches being covered live? :rolleyes:

Our HQ not releasing a transparent schedule appears to be hurting us again... :(

when duncan hunter gets 10 minutes to talk on CNN - it's frustrating... :confused:

Real_CaGeD
01-01-2008, 10:51 AM
McCain just took a question at a gathering on cnn, "Are you for a North American Union?".

McCain said, "I have been in congress for a long time, I know of no one that would aprove the desolving of the borders between America and Canada, and America and Mexico. No, I PROMISE you their will be no North American Union if I am president."

Ron is obviously getting his message out!

Truth Warrior
01-01-2008, 10:55 AM
The RP daily agenda is posted on http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
Left side under "Upcoming Events"

walt
01-01-2008, 10:56 AM

perhaps you can't read - THERE IS NOTHING THERE FOR TODAY.

Other campaigns transparently post the entire days schedule for hte media - they are killing their own momentum, it's a joke!

itshappening
01-01-2008, 10:57 AM
is he not doing anything today? is he not in Iowa?

LibertyEagle

That indicates he isn't doing anything today. I sure hope that is not true.

davidhperry
Max, why don't you go to the web sites for the other GOP candidates and see if you can find their schedules for today.

The fact that Dr. Paul gets less coverage is not the fault of the campaign. Haven't you seen the press pools that follow Huck?

walt
01-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Max, why don't you go to the web sites for the other GOP candidates and see if you can find their schedules for today.

The fact that Dr. Paul gets less coverage is not the fault of the campaign. Haven't you seen the press pools that follow Huck?

do some research before you say something so foolish - Huckabee is putting a detailed schedule out every week - hey it allows the media to plan - would you rather cover someone that is easy to cover or a pain in the ass to get information from? It's pretty clear here that alot of this is ineptitude - not conspiracy.
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Newsroom.PressRelease&ID=464

freelance
01-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Maybe there's a reason that the schedule isn't published in advance!

tsetsefly
01-01-2008, 11:03 AM

yup, HQ is incompetent...

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Gosh, the campaign has been terrible about posting their schedule... I have several friends in Iowa who have missed campaign events that they would have otherwise attended because they DIDN'T KNOW in advance that it was going to happen!

walt

yep, they are clueless on how to run a winning campaign...

LibertyEagle
Good point, Walt, about the media advisory.

walt
01-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Gosh, the campaign has been terrible about posting their schedule... I have several friends in Iowa who have missed campaign events that they would have otherwise attended because they DIDN'T KNOW in advance that it was going to happen!

I've been posting about this stuff for weeks, HQ is not responding, politics in these early states is retail and high touch and they are messing up.

tsetsefly
01-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I've been posting about this stuff for weeks, HQ is not responding, politics in these early states is retail and high touch and they are messing up.

hey lets contact HQ about this I emailed them eyesterday and got an answer if they see multiple emails on this they might change that...

itshappening
01-01-2008, 11:07 AM
yep, they are clueless on how to run a winning campaign...

they're our biggest liability, they really are!

tsetsefly
01-01-2008, 11:11 AM
k, i emailed HQ about this hope everyone on here does as well...

davidhperry
01-01-2008, 11:14 AM
do some research before you say something so foolish - Huckabee is putting a detailed schedule out every week - hey it allows the media to plan - would you rather cover someone that is easy to cover or a pain in the ass to get information from? It's pretty clear here that alot of this is ineptitude - not conspiracy.
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Newsroom.PressRelease&ID=464

I DID do research but didn't see it. Good catch on Huck's site - it wasn't obvious to me.

I also went to the other sites. Tell me, can you find the information you're looking for on:

http://www.johnmccain.com/
http://mittromney.com/
http://www.joinrudy2008.com/
http://fred08.com/

If so, I'd like to know.

hellah10
01-01-2008, 11:21 AM
he's in Iowa

Jimmy
01-01-2008, 11:25 AM
he's in Iowa

I think thats what everyone is conserned about....If no one knows were the heck hes at in Iowa ...WTH? It should be shouted from the rooftops or at least on his own site. Heck Paul should log in to these forums himself and tell us what his plans are....I'll just bet there are plenty of folks here that could promote the hell out of his presence anywhere he goes....kind of discouraging by the sound of things.

walt
01-01-2008, 11:43 AM
I think thats what everyone is conserned about....If no one knows were the heck hes at in Iowa ...WTH? It should be shouted from the rooftops or at least on his own site. Heck Paul should log in to these forums himself and tell us what his plans are....I'll just bet there are plenty of folks here that could promote the hell out of his presence anywhere he goes....kind of discouraging by the sound of things.

exactly!

davidhperry
01-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Walt, have you found that info on the other candidate sites?

walt
01-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Walt, have you found that info on the other candidate sites?

I don't work for you. I proved my point with the Huckabee posting, if you bother to look, he started his surge in MSM coverage around the time he started posting that evey week - coincidence - NO!

seapilot
01-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Maybe its for security reasons. After all he has a body guard now. The others are puppets of TPTB so why would they care?

Kilrain
01-01-2008, 11:55 AM
hey lets contact HQ about this I emailed them eyesterday and got an answer if they see multiple emails on this they might change that...

Not another one of these. *Groans*

DO NOT encourage people to spam HQ. Do you realize what that would cause? Effing gridlock! Please don't listen to this. If you want to get through to HQ with something like this, start a petition thread and have people sign it. Then you can send it all in one go. DO NOT spam HQ!

jj111
01-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I think he needs to boost up his security AND post his schedule in advance for the media and supporters to know where he will be.

parocks
01-01-2008, 12:00 PM
http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/schedules/upcomingevents/index.html

This seems to be a pretty good list from the New York Times saying where all the candidates are. Ron Paul isn't on this list.

walt
01-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Not another one of these. *Groans*

DO NOT encourage people to spam HQ. Do you realize what that would cause? Effing gridlock! Please don't listen to this. If you want to get through to HQ with something like this, start a petition thread and have people sign it. Then you can send it all in one go. DO NOT spam HQ!

who are you? What is your interest? if youwork at HQ, maybe a responsive, bottom up culture would change this - then again that would appear to require different people.

walt
01-01-2008, 12:03 PM
http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/schedules/upcomingevents/index.html

This seems to be a pretty good list from the New York Times saying where all the candidates are. Ron Paul isn't on this list.

thanks, this is about communication execution. it's not a conspiracy (other than Fox) it's ineptitude and lack of execution.

davidhperry
01-01-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't work for you. I proved my point with the Huckabee posting, if you bother to look, he started his surge in MSM coverage around the time he started posting that evey week - coincidence - NO!

You just proved my point. The way you make it sound, someone could reasonably think that we're the only campaign that doesn't publish a schedule. The point is that not all (in fact, most) of the candidates publish their schedules online and you're singling HQ out for no reason. HQ is not perfect and it deserves to be called out when necessary. This is not one of those times.

With the exception of Huck, Ron Paul has more event info on his site than anyone else. I'd love to be proved wrong on that but I can't find any info n their sites.

With that said, I do think it would be a good idea for them to publish their daily schedule online but you can't criticize them the way that you are when the other campaigns are not doing it either.

Have you ever stopped to realize tat maybe Dr. Paul doesn't want his daily schedule posted publicly?

From the LA Times yesterday:
What Mike Huckabee's schedule really reveals (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2007/12/hucksmoney.html)

The article is very critical of Huck and it basically says that he posts his schedule to get free PR because his fundraising is so low that he can't afford to get exposure any other way.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Ron is still getting over his hangover.

ChristopherJ
01-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I heard yesterday (I don't remember where) that RP was "off the campaign trail" today.

walt
01-01-2008, 12:15 PM
You just proved my point. The way you make it sound, someone could reasonably think that we're the only campaign that doesn't publish a schedule. The point is that not all (in fact, most) of the candidates publish their schedules online and you're singling HQ out for no reason. HQ is not perfect and it deserves to be called out when necessary. This is not one of those times.

With the exception of Huck, Ron Paul has more event info on his site than anyone else. I'd love to be proved wrong on that but I can't find any info n their sites.

With that said, I do think it would be a good idea for them to publish their daily schedule online but you can't criticize them the way that you are when the other campaigns are not doing it either.

Have you ever stopped to realize tat maybe Dr. Paul doesn't want his daily schedule posted publicly?

From the LA Times yesterday:
What Mike Huckabee's schedule really reveals (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2007/12/hucksmoney.html)

The article is very critical of Huck and it basically says that he posts his schedule to get free PR because his fundraising is so low that he can't afford to get exposure any other way.

I'd rather have PR and have voters see Ron than be invisible. If Ron cares about winning he would, if he doesn't he should just say so and we can shut this board down today. I won't speculate on your baseless assertions. The fact remaons the other campaigns have their schedules in the NYT and we don't and that hurts the campaign in MANY, MANY WAYS.

ThePieSwindler
01-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I heard yesterday (I don't remember where) that RP was "off the campaign trail" today.

If thats true, terrible timing....

ChristopherJ
01-01-2008, 12:17 PM
If thats true, terrible timing....

I think I heard it on C-Span

Kilrain
01-01-2008, 12:18 PM
who are you? What is your interest? if youwork at HQ, maybe a responsive, bottom up culture would change this - then again that would appear to require different people.

I'm nobody, but everyone should be able to understand that spamming HQ will only hurt us. They would have to read and answer a shitload of e-mails and that would take TIME. Like I said, if you REALLY feel the need to contact HQ, start a petition thread and collect names. That way you'd only have to send ONE e-mail instead of flooding their inboxes and causing havoc.

walt
01-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm nobody, but everyone should be able to understand that spamming HQ will only hurt us. They would have to read and answer a shitload of e-mails and that would take TIME. Like I said, if you REALLY feel the need to contact HQ, start a petition thread and collect names. That way you'd only have to send ONE e-mail instead of flooding their inboxes and causing havoc.

OK, consider this thread the THIRD TIME that I've started a petition on this subject. :D

Ron Paul Fan
01-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Ron Paul Is Speaking On Cnn Now!!!!!!!!

parocks
01-01-2008, 12:22 PM
thanks, this is about communication execution. it's not a conspiracy (other than Fox) it's ineptitude and lack of execution.

I'd say there's more conspiracy than you would, but more lack of execution (perhaps intentional?) than others would.

One of the problems with this is that it makes it difficult for grassroots to determine which is intentional bias and which is our own fault.

We tend to attribute all lack of coverage to a conspiracy, when it's at least some of the time our own fault.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/01/iowa-forecast-the-two-day-icy-express/
These daily posts from the nyt have had info that hasn't appeared on the schedule.

rich34
01-01-2008, 12:25 PM
So much for Ron taking the day off lol.

Ron Paul Fan
01-01-2008, 12:26 PM

He's speaking in Des Moines!!!!!!!!

walt
01-01-2008, 12:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that was a tape of the iowa students speech from last week. I recognize a picture somewhere on the board.

davidhperry
01-01-2008, 12:29 PM
He's speaking in Des Moines!!!!!!!!

I thought the media wasn't paying attention to him. :)

richk
01-01-2008, 12:31 PM
I'd rather have PR and have voters see Ron than be invisible. If Ron cares about winning he would, if he doesn't he should just say so and we can shut this board down today. I won't speculate on your baseless assertions. The fact remaons the other campaigns have their schedules in the NYT and we don't and that hurts the campaign in MANY, MANY WAYS.

I dont know, but I bet Ron Paul has been campaigning longer than you have. And I don't think he has to answer to you about his plans. What you want may not be in the best interests of his campaign.

Perhaps he doesn't want current supporters following him.
Perhaps he doesn't want press corps following him around.

Perhaps he just wants to get out and talk to Iowans on their terms without fervent supporters and press coverage surrounding him?

Maybe he wants to watch some football! like most people are doing right now.
For the record, I am not watching CNN either; I'm sure the sheep aren't either.
Only fans of their candidate are watching CNN, I assume.

Do you really think Duncan's numbers are going to surge because he's on CNN for 10 minutes? LOL

I'm sure Dr. Paul knows what he's doing. If not, he wouldn't be a good president either.

Happy New Year. :)

davidhperry
01-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I won't speculate on your baseless assertions. The fact remaons the other campaigns have their schedules in the NYT and we don't and that hurts the campaign in MANY, MANY WAYS.

That's your choice. Blame the NY Times for not covering Dr. Paul. The NY Times reporter is the one to collect that info - they do that by calling or emailing each campaign - not searching around on their sites. (Because that info isn't on their sites, as I've mentioned.)

Since you won't read the article (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2007/12/hucksmoney.html), here is a key quote:

When you're a candidate, a daily schedule can reveal your whereabouts, goals and political intentions, which can attract protesters, tip off opponents on what you're up to or provide insight on how hard you're working some days. Which is why most presidential campaigns release schedules only a few days in advance, largely to obtain media coverage. And they intentionally leave time gaps, which usually means they're secretly wooing someone for money or support in person or by phone.

Ron Paul Fan
01-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I agree rich. Ron Paul doesn't want to run my life and I don't want to run his, or his campaign.

walt
01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
That's your choice. Blame the NY Times for not covering Dr. Paul. The NY Times reporter is the one to collect that info - they do that by calling or emailing each campaign - not searching around on their sites. (Because that info isn't on their sites, as I've mentioned.)

Since you won't read the article (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2007/12/hucksmoney.html), here is a key quote:

you are apparently uneducated about search engines, press release optimization and RSS keyword alerts. try getting a clue at www.searchengineland.com

davidhperry
01-01-2008, 12:46 PM
you are apparently uneducated about search engines, press release optimization and RSS keyword alerts. try getting a clue at www.searchengineland.com

Have you ever used www.searchengineland.com?

Go there right now and do several searches.

If you type in "mitt romney" - you get a whopping 3 results (no schedule info).

Type in "john mccain" - 6 results there. No schedule info.

Use "mike huckabee" 2 results now with no schedule info.

I did exactly as you suggested and didn't find the info. I'm not trying to annoy you, Walt. I'm trying to see what you're seeing. Help me out here.

richk
01-01-2008, 12:58 PM
I agree rich. Ron Paul doesn't want to run my life and I don't want to run his, or his campaign.

I agree. If these people think they are qualified to run Paul's campaign, I'm sure the campaign will look at their resumes. Until then, I just wish they would STFU already with their negativity.

It serves no purpose to endlessly whine on a public forum that they are unhappy and all their personal whims and desires are not being met.

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting the official campaign is anything close to perfect. But it's the one we have to work with. :o

Myerz
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Why do we have to resort to all of these convoluted websites to know what our candidate is doing today?

walt
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Have you ever used www.searchengineland.com?

Go there right now and do several searches.

If you type in "mitt romney" - you get a whopping 3 results (no schedule info).

Type in "john mccain" - 6 results there. No schedule info.

Use "mike huckabee" 2 results now with no schedule info.

I did exactly as you suggested and didn't find the info. I'm not trying to annoy you, Walt. I'm trying to see what you're seeing. Help me out here.

hey try reading, it's about search engine and press TECHNIQUES - it's not a political site. But hey you know everything right?

pcosmar
01-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Why do we have to resort to all of these convoluted websites to know what our candidate is doing today?

Nothing convoluted .
It's on the Main Page, http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Upcoming Events
Jan 02
Join Ron Paul for a STRONGER AMERICA RALLY with VETERANS FOR PAUL
Hotel Fort Des Moines Grand Ballroom, 1000 Walnut Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309
7:00 PM- 8:30PM CT

walt
01-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Nothing convoluted .
It's on the Main Page, http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

THAT IS ONE EVENT TOMMOROW.

LibertyEagle
01-01-2008, 01:06 PM
http://events.desmoinesregister.com/results_events.php?artistTypeID=&artistID=&location=Choose&date_drop=today&submit=submit&BRSR=0&recommended=all&omit=true&full_search=false&quick_searchTab=false&submitted=Search&category_0=528&category_1=374

davidhperry
01-01-2008, 01:07 PM
hey try reading, it's about search engine and press TECHNIQUES - it's not a political site. But hey you know everything right?

You know what, I'm totally wrong about you. I apologize. Have you submitted your resume to HQ yet?

richk
01-01-2008, 01:10 PM

Maybe Ron wants you out spreading the good word, not spending time wondering where is he is so you can watch him on TV?? Just a thought....

BTW, if you knew exactly what Ron was doing for the next few days, what would you do with that info??

Revolution9
01-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Ron Paul Is Speaking On Cnn Now!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! That makes all the whiners second guessing the campaign and calling them names look like the reprobate ego tripping fools they were blithering themselves out to be during the rather idiotic thrust of this thread so far. What a bunch of loons to think they actually have more of a grip than the official campaign and should be dictating Ron's schedule.. Can you say "high and mighty for no goddamned reason"?

Randy

LibertyEagle
01-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Hahaha! That makes all the whiners second guessing the campaign and calling them names look like the reprobate ego tripping fools they were blithering themselves out to be during the rather idiotic thrust of this thread so far. What a bunch of loons to think they actually have more of a grip than the official campaign and should be dictating Ron's schedule.. Can you say "high and mighty for no goddamned reason"?

Randy

Actually, that was recorded. ;)

walt
01-01-2008, 01:48 PM

Randy

pre-recorded from last week, huckabee has been on cnn live three times today already.

walt
01-01-2008, 01:48 PM
You know what, I'm totally wrong about you. I apologize. Have you submitted your resume to HQ yet?

sent you a PM.

ecliptic
01-01-2008, 01:54 PM

You are a negativistic little whiny baby. Go outside once in a while - they have this thing called the sun - it helps you not be sad. AND you meet OTHER people who also are OUTSIDE. It's really healthy - you should try it Walt!

Ozwest
01-01-2008, 01:57 PM
You are a negativistic little whiny baby. Go outside once in a while - they have this thing called the sun - it helps you not be sad. AND you meet OTHER people who also are OUTSIDE. It's really healthy - you should try it Walt!

LOL :D