PDA

View Full Version : Ron MUST get 4th place or higher in Iowa - or else NO ABC Debate this Saturday

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-01-2008, 10:37 AM
EDIT: Originally, I posted an article citing that candidates must get 4th place or better in the Iowa caucuses to be included in this Saturday's ABC Debate. However, I was mistaken -- a candidate can also claim a 5%+ number in a national or NH poll to be included in this debate--not a problem for Ron. However, we do need to make sure that Ron gets 4th or better in Iowa.

RealClearPolitics' averages currently has Ron Paul set for 5th place in Iowa behind Huck, Mitt, McCain, and Fred. We can't underestimate the ability of the other candidates' GOTV operations and we can't just count on the polls being wrong because of landlines and new voters. We have to MAKE SURE we get at least 4th place in Iowa, and hopefully we can move up into 4th or 3rd place soon here in even the MSM polls.

If you're not an Iowa resident and if you have ANY friends, family members (doesn't matter how extended or remotely related they are to you), or contacts who ARE in Iowa, GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM and try to get them to caucus for Ron. http://www.iowagop.net/countycontacts.asp In fact, before you contact them, if you know where they live--look up their caucus location online for them so they don't have to. We need every last single vote.

bobmurph
01-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Wait a freaking second...do these rules ONLY apply to Ron? WTF!?

disciple
Another trick.They are determined to steal the election.

Wait a freaking second...do these rules ONLY apply to Ron? WTF!?

No, they apply to all candidates.

wgadget
Is it either/or on the criteria? Or is it ALL criteria that must be met?

rooteroa
Uh no, you only have to qualify for 1 of the 3. He's in the debate.

Dustancostine
01-01-2008, 10:40 AM
No, I believe ABC said that the candidates must meet at least one of the three criteria, meaning he already qualifies.

itshappening
he must do one of those not all 3 is how I understood it

which means he'll get in

Mark Rushmore
To participate in ABC's Saturday night debate, Republican and Democratic candidates must meet at least one of three benchmarks: place first through fourth in Iowa, poll 5 percent or higher in one of the last four major New Hampshire surveys, or poll 5 percent or higher in one of the last four major national surveys.

All is well.

Oh, you're right, I didn't see that. It is "one of three" criteria. We should be good then. I was worried there for a sec. :p

itshappening
01-01-2008, 10:41 AM
FALSE ALARM

To participate in ABC's Saturday night debate, Republican and Democratic candidates must meet at least one of three benchmarks

CoreyBowen999
either way guys, we WANT all three of them. 4th or worse is not acceptable

itshappening
this will keep Hunter and Keyes out, rightly imo. this is the best criteria. well done ABC

bobmurph
01-01-2008, 10:42 AM
No, they apply to all candidates.

So Guiliani won't be in Saturday's debate?

01-01-2008, 10:43 AM
So Guiliani won't be in Saturday's debate?

No, I was wrong. A candidate only has to meet 1 of the criteria. Giuliani's polling at 5%+ both nationally and in NH, so he'll be there. Hunter and Keyes will not be there though, so Ron will probably get more time.

bobmurph
01-01-2008, 10:44 AM
FALSE ALARM

To participate in ABC's Saturday night debate, Republican and Democratic candidates must meet at least one of three benchmarks

whew.

I'm all for a debate w/ Romney, Huck, McCain and RP though...woulda been sweet.

Ron Paul Fan
01-01-2008, 10:44 AM
He already qualifies for #1 and #2. The funniest thing that could happen is that Fred Thompson finishes 5th or 6th, plummets in the national polls like he has in the NH polls, and doesn't qualify. Meanwhile, Ron Paul finishes 3rd, jumps to double digits in both national and NH polls, is invited to the ABC debate but is excluded from the Fox News Forum. That would show those neo-cons to exclude Ron Paul!

WillInMiami
01-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Don't worry. In the latest poll, he's in 4th with 9% and McCain is in 2nd at 13%. With the margin of error and the fact that many of our supporters don't get polled, I'd bet money that he comes in 3rd and I think he could possibly pull a MAJOR upset and get 2nd (depending on several variables). None-the-less, I'd bet $1000 that he'll come in 3rd.

ronpaulyourmom
01-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Just an FYI it's possible to change the original subject line. Look under the advanced settings for editing.

Real_CaGeD
01-01-2008, 10:52 AM
McCain just took a question at a gathering on cnn, "Are you for a North American Union?".

McCain said, "I have been in congress for a long time, I know of no one that would aprove the desolving of the borders between America and Canada, and America and Mexico. No, I PROMISE you their will be no North American Union if I am president."

Ron is obviously getting his message out!

freelance
01-01-2008, 11:10 AM
No, I believe ABC said that the candidates must meet at least one of the three criteria, meaning he already qualifies.

Until they change it to all three...