PDA

View Full Version : Looks like RP 4th qtr fundraising is in Clinton/Obama territory

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 10:04 AM
According to this article, Clinton and Obama raised about 20M for the quarter. And according to this article, RP IS the fundraising champ of the Repubs this quarter!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0108/7653.html

Dems widen money lead in '08 field

By: Mike Allen and Jonathan Martin
Jan 1, 2008 10:23 AM EST
Updated: January 1, 2008 10:43 AM EST

New fund-raising figures dribbling out of the presidential campaign show that the Democratic candidates have widened their lead over the Republican field, a stark reversal in the flush GOP coffers of recent decades.

On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have each passed the $100 million mark, meaning that they raised more than $20 million in the three months that ended on New Year’s Eve.

Among Republicans, on the other hand, Ron Paul was the fund-raising champ at $19 million, according to party officials in contact with all the campaigns. So that would put the total raised by Mitt Romney and Rudolph Giuliani at less than $62 million – a far cry from the triple-digit totals of the top two Democrats.

That constitutes a widening in the already substantial financial advantage for the Democrats. In the first nine months of this year, the top seven Democrats raised $223 million, while the top seven Republicans raised $144 million.

Besides Paul, the other financial success story on the Republican side may be Mike Huckabee, whose Web site shows he has raised $5,040,618.46 just in online contributions – more than twice as much as he had raised from all sources in the first nine months of the campaign.

In addition, Huckabee says he has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars at fund-raising receptions where he has spoken.

Romney may help even the playing field by contributing even more of his personal fortune. He has already put in at least $17 million, but will not say yet how much additional money he has put in or plans to put in.

The campaign reports do not have to be submitted to the Federal Election Commission until Jan. 31, and some campaigns say they will not release their figures until late this month.

Republican strategists say the party and campaigns have had trouble raising money in large part because of disappointment with this field. Many major backers of George W. Bush were willing to play this time but have stayed on the sidelines because they couldn’t settle on a candidate among what they consider flawed choices.

The party and campaigns have also been hobbled because lobbyists and corporations are natural hedgers and place heavier bets with the party likely to be in power. President Bush predicted at a pre-Christmas news conference that Republicans will hold the White House and make gains in the House and Senate, but no other party leader has made such a bold forecast.

Business donors are inclined to support the GOP but tend to be pragmatists more than they are ideologues.

Among smaller donors, the GOP has been hurt by a depressed base. Spending and, especially immigration, have turned off the rank and file, which has throttled back on small but regular checks.

The Republican National Committee has kept pace with the Democratic National Committee, but the GOP’s House and Senate campaigns are at a huge financial disadvantage compared to their Democratic counterparts.

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Bumping for the good news. We beat all the Repubs and are in Obama/Clinton territory ya all!

Liberty
01-01-2008, 10:44 AM
I wonder why some campaigns are waiting to release their numbers. Embarrassment? I want to see how much of the money raised by Clinton and Obama is for primaries. I bet Paul beat them both, meaning he would be at the top of all presidential candidates in funds raised for primaries in the fourth quarter.

ronpaulfan
01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
digg link needed

ronpaulfan
01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
who the hell keeps one-staring these threads? I smell an Obama troll :mad:

PatriotOne
01-01-2008, 12:04 PM
who the hell keeps one-staring these threads? I smell an Obama troll :mad:

I wouldn't blame it necessarily on an Obama troll though. We got trolls from every camp and psyops posing as RP supporters all over this board.